D23 2019 UPDATE 3/9 This is the end, my only friend, the end. Of our elaborate plans, the end.

I'm never sad when I leave vacation later in the day. Work is something we deal with when we have to. So don't give that a second thought until Tuesday morning heh.

We got our chairs from REI, they were having a sale and my company gives us a wellness bonus each year. Up to a certain amount, they'll pay for half our outdoors/fitness equipment. And the chairs fell into that category.

That's awesome, because the chairs aren't cheap. We have had ours for 4 or 5 years now, so we have gotten our money's worth now.

So, are you rewriting your spread sheet for the expo schedule? Glad you are keeping up with SWGE. I have been listening to some podcasts, but I refuse to watch any videos, ride-throughs, or walk-throughs. I want to be surprised. I have seen some pics of food and merch though. I will need to decide what I want to buy for Alex and me. My self-inflating sleep pad is pretty nice and thick. Looking forward to sitting on it, and possibly sleeping:rolleyes:

So, are you rewriting your spread sheet for the expo schedule? Glad you are keeping up with SWGE. I have been listening to some podcasts, but I refuse to watch any videos, ride-throughs, or walk-throughs. I want to be surprised. I have seen some pics of food and merch though. I will need to decide what I want to buy for Alex and me. My self-inflating sleep pad is pretty nice and thick. Looking forward to sitting on it, and possibly sleeping:rolleyes:

Wait, @OhioStateBuckeye has a spreadsheet? My people! 😍
I have a spreadsheet. With tabs for the schedule, financials, what merchandise I'm stalking, a to-do list, a packing list... Ha!

Wait, @OhioStateBuckeye has a spreadsheet? My people! 😍
I have a spreadsheet. With tabs for the schedule, financials, what merchandise I'm stalking, a to-do list, a packing list... Ha!

Big time for 2017. This year I've been slacking. Just got back from a family trip to Africa and I am having major 'why did I come back everything is bleak the sun will never rise again'.

Once I get over that, the hardcore planning for D23 shall begin. Then we can compare.

Big time for 2017. This year I've been slacking. Just got back from a family trip to Africa and I am having major 'why did I come back everything is bleak the sun will never rise again'.

Once I get over that, the hardcore planning for D23 shall begin. Then we can compare.

For sure! And I feel your pain, I’m trying to remember I have two trips before the Expo.

So this is the schedule I have pieced together so far (I left out any Disney Channel stars mentions because I don't care). Did I forget anything? I underlined my must dos so far, and put a ton of question marks after Studios because I really loved the animation panel last year but didn't so much care for live action and I'm not sure if I want to put out the effort to see this new combined panel.

D23 Schedule

Friday August 23

10:30 am Legends Ceremony

10:30-11:30 am Great Moments with Walt Disney (Walt and sound/music)

3:30 pm Disney+

Saturday August 24

10 am Walt Disney Studios????????

10 am The Simpsons

3:30 pm Disney on Broadway: A 25th Anniversary Celebration

Sunday August 25

10 am Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary

10:30 am Disney Parks

12 pm Hidden Gems of the Walt Disney Animation Research Library: Preserving and Inspiring the Disney Legacy

4 pm World Premiere: Walt Disney Animation Studios Presents Short Circuit

MISC:

Walt Disney Archives: Heroes and Villains

Album signings at the Disney Music Emporium shop include Oscar®– and Grammy®-winning composer and Disney Legend Randy Newman (Toy Story films, The Princess and the Frog, Carsfilms); composer Tyler Bates (Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1); actor Anthony Gonzalez (voice of Miguel from Coco); singer-songwriter, actor, and dancer Matthew Morrison (Glee); plus Hollywood Records artist JD McCrary (voice of young Simba in The Lion King).

I think those are my choices too. I am torn between Studios and Simpsons on Saturday.

Simpsons might be a very good backup plan. I wonder how big it could be though, they're talking about an auto signing and meet and greet after.

I think they believe most people will go to the Studios panel, which is probably true. However, there are a lot of Simpson's fans. I don't know if it's possible to hedge our bets and get in both lines or not. I don't want to be rude.

I love me some Muppets! 👍🏻

I’m hoping to get more info on the smaller panels soon, my spreadsheet has holes.

Your spreadsheet has Holes?! Mine is nothing but holes hahahha. Was trying to think of a clever joke but I got nothin.

Ha! Well, I put everything on mine, including the timed appearances....so it looks more fleshed out than it really is. Of course, I also haven't made any decisions on any panels. Tee!

Well this pre-selection for panels has thrown me for a loop.

Wonder how it will end up working. I think I've already got my strategy worked out. If we can actually reserve for the biggest panels, I think I'll try for Parks, Disney+, and then if there is a miracle the Live Action/Animated. I figure by going for the other two first (if that's even allowed), I can probably get them because everyone else will be trying for the Movies panel.

Well this pre-selection for panels has thrown me for a loop.

Wonder how it will end up working. I think I've already got my strategy worked out. If we can actually reserve for the biggest panels, I think I'll try for Parks, Disney+, and then if there is a miracle the Live Action/Animated. I figure by going for the other two first (if that's even allowed), I can probably get them because everyone else will be trying for the Movies panel.

I am definitely looking forward to more info too.

I am definitely going for parks first, and then depending on how they work it, either Disney+ or live action. I never thought I would go to the live action, so I'm tempted to do that if it is available. I've said it before, but the Parks Panel is my ONLY "must do" so I really hope there's an easy way to reserve it.

Also thinking I really have to get my pre-trip report going, though I haven't made too many plans for D23, we HAVE booked a Fantasmic package at Blue Bayou for 8/18 - so planning IS underway. Can't believe we are leaving in only 5.5 weeks.

I am definitely going for parks first, and then depending on how they work it, either Disney+ or live action. I never thought I would go to the live action, so I'm tempted to do that if it is available. I've said it before, but the Parks Panel is my ONLY "must do" so I really hope there's an easy way to reserve it.

Also thinking I really have to get my pre-trip report going, though I haven't made too many plans for D23, we HAVE booked a Fantasmic package at Blue Bayou for 8/18 - so planning IS underway. Can't believe we are leaving in only 5.5 weeks.

Yeah, I am wary but hopeful about the big panel reservation. I know there won't be that much availability for reservations, since they've got to leave sorcerer/media seats, then they said there would be standby. But I'm at least hopeful (if they even have reserved seats for the big panels) that we'd at least be able to snag one if we were online and refreshing right when it goes live.

Let me know when you get your report going and I'll come on over. We've done a couple Blue Bayou F! dining packages before. I know a lot of people complain about the food quality but we've always enjoyed our meals. Can't beat the ambiance, either. I could sit in Blue Bayou by the railing for hours and just watch the fireflies and listen to the banjo.

I was considering doing the Hungry Bear package for F! on Wednesday because I've heard nothing but good things about the watching area.

Lol same. "Hey everyone! This year is gonna be COMPLETELY different! No further updates at this time, stay tuned for news. Oh, and those tickets that were going to be mailed 6 - 8 weeks in advance? More like 3 weeks. See ya real soon!"

😆 🙃

This is a most excellent summary of events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!