D23 2019 UPDATE 3/9 This is the end, my only friend, the end. Of our elaborate plans, the end.

Let me know when you get your report going and I'll come on over. We've done a couple Blue Bayou F! dining packages before. I know a lot of people complain about the food quality but we've always enjoyed our meals. Can't beat the ambiance, either. I could sit in Blue Bayou by the railing for hours and just watch the fireflies and listen to the banjo.

I second BB. We had a good meal last summer, and the cushion and viewing location couldn't be beat. It is a bit pricey, but we thought it was worth it.

Lol same. "Hey everyone! This year is gonna be COMPLETELY different! No further updates at this time, stay tuned for news. Oh, and those tickets that were going to be mailed 6 - 8 weeks in advance? More like 3 weeks. See ya real soon!"

😆 🙃

Seriously, those statements they make? More like guidelines in terms of everything they say. ;)

Sheesh, that's crazy about changing things up, but it all still sounds pretty amazing!! That sounds super fun!

So I was beginning to think the D23 part of the trip was overshadowing the DL portion, so I took some time today to think of DL stuff that I'm excited for.

-Original Soarin
I despise the new Soarin, and I'm so excited to see the old one again!
-Cookie Num Num
I keep forgetting to get one. @soniam has promised to help me remember and I'm excited to try one
-Trader Sam's
Because I love this place
-Emotional Whirlwind
I know it's just a redone carnival ride, but I've never been on it so I'm excited
-Philharmagic
I love this show, and I haven't been to WDW in almost 2 years. So I'm really looking forward to it
-Galaxy's Edge
Of course, but will I have any money left for D23!?
-Lamplight Lounge
we'll be eating with a bunch of friends, so this should be a good time
-Little Things
we're going to take an afternoon and try to do things we've never done before, or see shows or bands or whatever

So you've been more recently than me - out last DLR trip was Feb 2016 - but I would add to your list for myself the GotG ride since I was not a fan of west coast TOT but am really excited for this. Agree on Soarin and galaxy's edge but don't really care about the emotional whirlwind as we rode it when it was fliks flyers and was less than excited. Also seen Philharmagic so many times and though I love it it's definitely not a priority.

I love your list @OhioStateBuckeye! We scooted out to the resort for a quick trip on Sunday morning, just to wander. Watching people walk into Batuu and just gape was fun.

And the Cookie Num Num? Soooo good.

So you've been more recently than me - out last DLR trip was Feb 2016 - but I would add to your list for myself the GotG ride since I was not a fan of west coast TOT but am really excited for this. Agree on Soarin and galaxy's edge but don't really care about the emotional whirlwind as we rode it when it was fliks flyers and was less than excited. Also seen Philharmagic so many times and though I love it it's definitely not a priority.

I love the GOTG ride, I just smile the whole time. I don't think I've heard all the songs yet.

I know Whirlwind will most likely suck, but I at least want to see the Inside Out theme, maybe that will be good.

Philharmagic is just one of those things that speaks to me. I know it's just a 3d show and isn't the best thing ever...but it has all my childhood movies like Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid and so on. I always have to laugh at myself because when the eel shocks Donald, a small part of me always think the audience is going to get shocked too. Hahaha.

I love your list @OhioStateBuckeye! We scooted out to the resort for a quick trip on Sunday morning, just to wander. Watching people walk into Batuu and just gape was fun.

And the Cookie Num Num? Soooo good.

Um if you want to see a gaper, I'll let you know when I'm about to enter for the first time.

I've always been a huge SW fan. When I was younger I'd play with the action figures in my living room. The brown chair was Endor, the white chair was Hoth and the floor was space.

This has been a long time coming.

So, I'm going to get my nails done before the trip. I am trying to decide between Mickey colors, black, red, white, and/or yellow, or R2D2 colors, silver and metallic blue. If I go with R2D2 on my hands, I might do C3PO gold on my toes. I usually just get colors, no nail art. What do you think @OhioStateBuckeye?

So, I'm going to get my nails done before the trip. I am trying to decide between Mickey colors, black, red, white, and/or yellow, or R2D2 colors, silver and metallic blue. If I go with R2D2 on my hands, I might do C3PO gold on my toes. I usually just get colors, no nail art. What do you think @OhioStateBuckeye?

Other people can jump in, but I feel like you gotta go Mickey for this trip. It is his show, after all. You could do Mickey hands, Minnie toes hahaha.

Oh geez, and I completely forgot to list The Main Street Electrical Parade as one of my excitements!!

So excited for that. Saw it for what I thought was the last time at 2017 D23.

Oh geez, and I completely forgot to list The Main Street Electrical Parade as one of my excitements!!

So excited for that. Saw it for what I thought was the last time at 2017 D23.

I am very excited about MSEP! It's so sentimental for me, so it will be great to see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter