Cypress Pointe???

TracyK

DIS Veteran
We are looking at staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Cypress Pointe. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between Cypress Pointe Resort and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. Which one would you recommend?

Also do they offer a shuttle to the Disney parks? Thanks

Tracy

Cypress Point is the original part of the resort (often called Phase 1) and that is where the check in desk, games room and Volcano Pool are located. It is the oldest section, but I believe all of Phase 1 has now been entirely refurbished. These buildings do not have elevators, and I believe that the master bedroom/bathroom area has a funny layout, with the toilet being visible to the rest of the bedroom (no door on the toilet area). I believe that the second bedroom contains one twin bed with a trundle bed that you can set up independently.

Cypress Point Grand Villas (Phase 2) is the newest section and these buildings have elevators, albeit very slow. The master bedroom has a terrific layout, with a separate room (with door!) to the toilet/shower area. The second bedroom has two proper twin beds. The Grand Villas section is across the street from the Phase 1, but it has a large pool, hot tube, kiddie pool and mini golf. The convenience store is located in this section as well and has an excellent selection of light groceries, snacks, beer, convenience foods, as well as a snack bar area where you can get fresh pizza and sandwiches to go. They have a very good selection of very reasonably priced souveniers as well.

We have stayed in the Grand Villas section and have recommended it to friends who loved their stay in November. We have stayed in other timeshare condos in Orlando and Cypress Point Grand Villas is by far our favourite.

They do not have a shuttle service, but if you rent a car it is very easy to get to the theme parks. You make one turn out of the parking lot, another onto Apopka Vineland, and then a right directly onto Disney property (takes you to Downtown Disney first, and then follow the signs to the park you want). You can also continue about 500 yds up Apopka Vineland and take the highway if you want to avoid Downtown Disney. Either way is very easy.

We had a 3 bedroom at Cypress Pointe (Phase 1) last week and it was very clean (they must have great maids). Two of the bedrooms' bathrooms were kind of funky with the open toilets (no privacy), but the inside of the unit was new, nice, and very clean.

I loved the shade of yellow paint they used on some of the walls (I'd like to find out the color of paint they used/brand and paint part of my house that shade of yellow). The pale yellow looked so nice with the white woodwork and crown molding. It just seemed cheery and had a sunny Florida beach feel.

For those of you that have stayed in Phase 1 I have a question.

In the Disney values it has been known for people to "hang" a shower curtain up to separate the sink area from the sleeping area in order to have some privacy. This is done with those sticky hook things that come right off. One on one side of the opening and another on the other side of the opening.

Would this be possible in the toilet area of the 2 bathrooms that are in the 3 bedroom units?

I hope I was able to state that clearly enough for you to understand.

I stay in phase one all the time in the 3 bedrooom lock out....

Absolutely LOVE the place, and its convenience to all things disney....

honestly the bathroom thing, though strange, is not so bad....the toilet is NOT fully on display, in either room, and if I was in the jacuzzi, or bath tub, and the kids were around, you just shut either bedroom door.... there is a "normal" full bath located next to the second bedroom...so its not like the entire party is stuck traipsing through either bedroom to use a toilet.

Looks like we're going to be staying at Cypress Pointe on our next trip, too. Can anyone tell me what the pool area is like? Is there any sort of children's play area that our 5yo might like? What about restaurants, activities, that sort of thing?

Looks like we're going to be staying at Cypress Pointe on our next trip, too. Can anyone tell me what the pool area is like? Is there any sort of children's play area that our 5yo might like? What about restaurants, activities, that sort of thing?

there are two pools you can use. Phase one has the volcano pool and a hot tub..it has a little volcano that spouts water, and a couple of little slides perfect for young kids...though my older ones enjoyed them, too..

Over at the villas is the turtle shaped pool with a kiddie pool and hot tub...I swear it seemed like it was a salt water pool-but I am not "official" on that, it was just a nice peacful pool the day we went...a nice respite from the parks.

they have mini golf by the turtle pool, and a nice convenience store, that even sold some pretty decent pizza, and all those little things you might need...

There are activities every day for kids and adults..I did not utilize them, as we pretty much spent all our time in the parks during the day.

Its in a great location, just minutes from DTD, and off site restaurants, there are and markets. and there is a walgreens pharmacy within comfortable walking distance depending on your location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter