Cypress Pointe or Wyndham Palms Resort & CC?

disneyeveryyear

DIS Veteran
They both have availability for the dates we want at about the same price.

We are looking at a 2 bedroom.

Is one closer to the park than the other?

I have tried to map out, but having a little trouble figuring out how to get to parks from WP.

Has anyone stayed in both and can compare/contrast?

Thanks.

ok, I'll chime my 2cents in again ;) but this time I stayed at both places, just 1 month apart. We did Wyndham Palms in March 2003 (my nieces b-day) & Cypress Pointe (*not* the Grand Villas) in April 2003 (my b-day/Easter). My daughter is 10 years old & we shared the same opinion about our experience. We did not really like Cypress Pointe at all, it was older & the living room furniture was uncomfortable, 2 wicker chairs & a cheap couch that really only fit 2 people. The big screen tv was maybe 48 or 50" & was old & did not get a good picture & their calbe service was limited, maybe 30-40 channels. The refridgerator was old with rust stains & the kitchenware looked like it was from the late 80's early 90's. The stove & oven was clean but just as old. the kitchen was galley style. the master bedroom did not have a door to the toilet for privacy but a big walk in shower & comfortable separate jacuzzi tub, the 2nd bathroom was pretty small but did have a tub/shower combo. the 2nd bedroom only had twin beds (which my daughter hated) and a faux window made out of curtains. there was a 1 bedroom villa attached to our 2 bdrm & we could here them coming & going all the time & could hear their tv in our living room. the 2nd bedroom did not have a tv (something else my daughter hated!) the king bed in the master was an old mattress & not that comfortable.

On the other hand, the Wyndham Palms, everything appeared practically brand new, huge leather sectional couch, very comfortable w/ a chaise lounge at one end. the tv had a great picture & offered between 70-85 channels. master bedroom had a water closet (toilet with a door that closed off from the room) walk in shower & separate jacuzzi. the 2nd bedroom had 2 queen beds & 2nd bath was nice sized. The furniture at the Wyndham was the type I'd buy for my home (if I had a bigger budget ;) ) my mom even commented that she wanted to LIVE at the Wyndham Palms, she liked it so much.

That's exactly the type of information I was looking for.

Did your daughter like the pools at Wyndham Palms?

I think you said traveling to WDW was easy from WP?

The two double beds would give us a little more room for the 5 of us (my mom is going also).

Thanks.

sorry, we didnt use either of the 2 pools that we saw at the Wyndham Palms, it was mid March & being from Florida, my daughter thought the water would be too cold. they didnt appear to be huge pools but adequate in size. The first one we saw was behind the check in trailor & the other was diagional from our building (bdlg 21).
My daughter swam the first day at Cypress Pointe at the pool with the volcano & she thought the volcano was cool but thought the water slides were in her words "babyish". Now mind you, she is a thrill seeker & goes on roller coasters such as the hulk & rock n roller coaster by herself (when we ride as single riders).

Oh 1 other thing, the bathroom/shower towels at the Wyndham Palms were thin & rough (my only complaint) while we found the towels at Cypress Pointe to be fluffy, plush & big. In my opinion, the towels were the nicest thing about Cypress Pointe if you do a comparison. The towels at Wyndham Palms reminded me of the cheap towels they use at the Best Western DTD, same color & size while the towels at Cypress Pointe were like the nice ones you buy from JCPenney.

I want to add, I didnt hate my stay by any means at Cypress Pointe, but comparing it, the Wyndham Palms was 10 times better due to the layout & how new & big everything was.

Thanks .

That is also the info I'm looking for. We will be spending time at Universal and WDW. Is Cypress Point in a better location for doing both?

Thanks again.

Cypress Point *is* the better location for Universal as you can just zip down Palm Pkwy & avoid all the traffic on I4

Either the Wyndham Palms or Cypress Point for just Disney, Cypress point is about 3-4 minute drive to DTD & there are back ways in to Disney from Wyndham Palms as told by other Dis'ers but I personally dont know it, the exit off 192 is only about 5 miles or so from the Wyndham Palms

I've never seen Cypress, but Wyndham Palms is beautiful. We didn't feel that it was too far from Disney. I don't think you could go wrong by choosing Wyndham Palms.

I have to add my thoughts on CP we were in the Grand Villas and we thought the furnishing were practicly new and we loved staying there you can be to DTD in about 3 minutes.the Gv section is the newer section at CP so cannot say about Phase1.Please do not rule out CP.We are DVC mebers and we always stay at CP before our stay at DVC.
You can also book CP at www.hotelkingdom.com and we got an awesome rate for the resort last September.I think it was like 88.00 plus tax.
Misty

We loved the Wyndham.

Oh 1 other thing, the bathroom/shower towels at the Wyndham Palms were thin & rough (my only complaint) while we found the towels at Cypress Pointe to be fluffy, plush & big.
Hmm... we had big,fluffy,green towels at the Wyndham. I liked them because I thought they weren't anything like the thin, rough, dingy-white, usually stained towels at other hotels.

The Wyndham Hotel people have just recently taken over the running of the Wyndham Palms Resort. Before, it was run by a timeshare company. I can't imagine them using crappy towels now.

I agree with cinamin27 on her description of CP Phase 1. From what I have read on the board, the Grandvillas are much nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter