Current wait times

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
So with Christmas break over I thought wait times would be lower today. But Hagrids has been over 1.5 hours all day and a few other headliners are also posting really long waits. Is his as low as it gets? We will be there the 23-25.

In my experience, the first couple of weeks of January can be very crowded, sometimes as bad or worse than the summer.

I don't schedule trips during this time anymore. Too many people take their holiday trips after New Years instead of before thinking it won't be as crowded, especially foreigners who might have 2 or 3 weeks of vacation scheduled for the holidays. They'll start around Christmas or New Years and go out from there staying way into January, especially since many places keep decorations up into the first week or so of January.

Mid January through the end of February usually has low crowds except for holidays and special events.

The week of the 23rd through the 25th might be slightly more crowded if people are there for Rock the Universe on the 26th and 27th and turn in into a week long trip, but I think it's more local youth groups than anything that attend on the actual days.

You should be fine. I'd try for the most popular rides that tend to get the longest lines at the beginning of your trip, and save attractions that handle crowds well for the last day just in case Rock the Universe brings an increase in crowds on Thursday.

In my experience, the first couple of weeks of January can be very crowded, sometimes as bad or worse than the summer.

I don't schedule trips during this time anymore. Too many people take their holiday trips after New Years instead of before thinking it won't be as crowded, especially foreigners who might have 2 or 3 weeks of vacation scheduled for the holidays. They'll start around Christmas or New Years and go out from there staying way into January, especially since many places keep decorations up into the first week or so of January.

Mid January through the end of February usually has low crowds except for holidays and special events.

The week of the 23rd through the 25th might be slightly more crowded if people are there for Rock the Universe on the 26th and 27th and turn in into a week long trip, but I think it's more local youth groups than anything that attend on the actual days.

You should be fine. I'd try for the most popular rides that tend to get the longest lines at the beginning of your trip, and save attractions that handle crowds well for the last day just in case Rock the Universe brings an increase in crowds on Thursday.
that's really helpful advice, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter