Current taxi prices in Cozumel?

mycutiepatooties

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure out all of the cash we need to bring. I'm seeing a variety of prices for taxis in Cozumel to get from the ship to Chankanaab Park. Some tripadvisor reviewers say $12, $15, $24, $30 each way. That's a big difference. We are a family of four. Are the taxi rates formally set or is it kinda shady and up to whoever you ask that day??? Does anyone know what I should expect to pay? Thanks!

The cost depends on where you want to go. In January me and my four friends visited Nacho Cocom Beach Club with is about 15-minutes from the port and we paid about $25 each way for a van. However I highly recommend that you do not get a taxi from the port area and walk about a block away. The taxis at the port area are inflated and they will try to rip you off.

Taxi fare is by zones in Cozumel. I cannot quote any of the prices but you could ask the driver to see the chart if you have any questions. Most are honest but there is always a stray bad one. Agree on the price before getting in. I can't imagine the cost from the port to Nachi Cocum is 25.00. That is about what we pay from the airport to the Allegro which is next door to Nachi. My guess from port to Chankanaab would be closer to the 12 to 15 dollar range. IMO, catching the cab at the port might be a dollar or two more but the convenience is well worth it. Not sure when your cruise is but the Cozumel heat can be brutal.

The prices are posted, very reasonable, and there's nothing shady about it. This is from Jan 2017 so prices might be slightly higher now. Chankanaab is $12 for 4 people.

Attachments

• 0645 DisneyWonderCruise CozumelPortPuntaLangostaTerminalTaxiPrices 01-22-2017.JPG
    0645 DisneyWonderCruise CozumelPortPuntaLangostaTerminalTaxiPrices 01-22-2017.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 15

The cost depends on where you want to go. In January me and my four friends visited Nacho Cocom Beach Club with is about 15-minutes from the port and we paid about $25 each way for a van. However I highly recommend that you do not get a taxi from the port area and walk about a block away. The taxis at the port area are inflated and they will try to rip you off.

Yeah. This.
Just get out of the port via the souvenir mall across the street and hail a taxi.
Taxis from the streets in Cozumel are safe & cheap. A couple of years ago it was 150 pesos for 3 of us which is $8 each way.
And you can tell the same driver to pick you up in x hours. He'll be happy to do it.
I gave him 200 pesos each way. ($10).. my guess is it shouldn't be more than 200 pesos today (plus tip if you want, $2 is good)
Only downside is most taxis are smaller cars, Tsuru's which are small sedans, kinda like a Kia Rio.

The different prices may also be for a different amount of people, for instance, a group of six. The price inside the port gates versus outside the port gates will also be higher (because of the license required). The prices will be posted near the stand and the driver will expect a tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter