Current incentive for doing DVC tour?

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
Usually they offer us this after we already have our days planned. This trip we will have a whole morning free and was wondering what the present incentive is for taking the tour, if any?

I got a referral from someone last year for a discounted rate at Copper Creek, we ended up not using it because the dates didn't work out.

But, last week I got an email from DVC and it said the same person had invited me for a tour, and we could get a $50 gift card for n over the phone tour or $150 disney gift card for an in person tour. I'm not sure if they actually did anything for me to receive that or they kept our info from before and sent it out on their own?

We are doing it for our mid day break, so we won't be rearranging our schedule and getting $150 gift card for it!

I got a referral from someone last year for a discounted rate at Copper Creek, we ended up not using it because the dates didn't work out.

But, last week I got an email from DVC and it said the same person had invited me for a tour, and we could get a $50 gift card for n over the phone tour or $150 disney gift card for an in person tour. I'm not sure if they actually did anything for me to receive that or they kept our info from before and sent it out on their own?

We are doing it for our mid day break, so we won't be rearranging our schedule and getting $150 gift card for it!
$150 would be great. Is the tour of CC?

How long ago was this and how long do you estimate it lasted? I might consider for the $100. Was the FP good for FOP? Thanks
We did it in February. It was not good for Pandora rides...I also think it wasn’t good for Seven Dwarves or Peter Pan (I’m almost certain but can’t remeber exactly for these two...I also think maybe Toy Story Mania was excluded). We were there maybe 75 minutes but we are actually interested in DVC so we asked a bunch of questions. As soon as we were done a car came and picked us up in front of Poly. They had a car seat for our toddler ready to go as well.

We did it in February. It was not good for Pandora rides...I also think it wasn’t good for Seven Dwarves or Peter Pan (I’m almost certain but can’t remeber exactly for these two...I also think maybe Toy Story Mania was excluded). We were there maybe 75 minutes but we are actually interested in DVC so we asked a bunch of questions. As soon as we were done a car came and picked us up in front of Poly. They had a car seat for our toddler ready to go as well.

Did you tour the POLY Villas? I have stayed there in a studio and would be more interested in them than CC. I wasn't sure they still had openings?

Did you tour the POLY Villas? I have stayed there in a studio and would be more interested in them than CC. I wasn't sure they still had openings?
We did it in March and they sent us to the DVC center at Saratoga Springs. In there they have model rooms for the Copper Creek, the Poly and maybe one more.

We got 3 FastPasses, $100 and ice cream. They picked us up wherever we wanted and then dropped us off wherever. They had car seats for the kids and there was a kids club for the kids to play at while we talked about DVC.

Poly is sold out. They can waitlist you... at $220 per point. Poly is a very good use case for the resale market.

If you are genuinely interested in DVC, I strongly recommend the Purchasing DVC forum here, and doing a LOT of research. Disney's guides are salespeople and often give misleading information in pursuit of the sale.

We did it in March and they sent us to the DVC center at Saratoga Springs. In there they have model rooms for the Copper Creek, the Poly and maybe one more.

We got 3 FastPasses, $100 and ice cream. They picked us up wherever we wanted and then dropped us off wherever. They had car seats for the kids and there was a kids club for the kids to play at while we talked about DVC.

I would really like to tour one of the bungalows to see if I could ever justify the points for one.

Like pp said they are not actively selling Poly (we were staying there so that’s where we did the session though). You can be on a waitlist to purchase Poly direct, the only actively selling DVC locations right now are Aulani and CC.

Poly is sold out. They can waitlist you... at $220 per point. Poly is a very good use case for the resale market.

If you are genuinely interested in DVC, I strongly recommend the Purchasing DVC forum here, and doing a LOT of research. Disney's guides are salespeople and often give misleading information in pursuit of the sale.

I figured as much. I have noticed that CC studios would not accommodate my family as well as the ones that sleep 5, especially when my grandkids are older.

I figured as much. I have noticed that CC studios would not accommodate my family as well as the ones that sleep 5, especially when my grandkids are older.

Again, strongly encourage researching. CCV has 1 and 2BR units as well, Poly is studio only. There are various wrinkles involving availability of units, even booking at 11 months, at both resorts due to their design. Because 25% of Poly points were sold against bungalows, there is competition for studios some times of the year because people may not have bought points enough to book bungalows, and any Poly point can book any poly option. CCV has the cabins (lots of points sold) and only 84 studios, so studio availability may be challenging much of the year there.

CC studios may not work but they actually have more options as far as accommodations (Poly only has studios and the bungalows).

How long ago was this and how long do you estimate it lasted? I might consider for the $100. Was the FP good for FOP? Thanks
We got an invite when we stayed at GF 3 years ago. They picked us up, took us to Poly, and after a sales pitch they gave us 3 anytime Fps per person, $100 gift card and a ride to Epcot.

Again, strongly encourage researching. CCV has 1 and 2BR units as well, Poly is studio only. There are various wrinkles involving availability of units, even booking at 11 months, at both resorts due to their design. Because 25% of Poly points were sold against bungalows, there is competition for studios some times of the year because people may not have bought points enough to book bungalows, and any Poly point can book any poly option. CCV has the cabins (lots of points sold) and only 84 studios, so studio availability may be challenging much of the year there.

I'm not sure CCV would be a fit for our family. If our son and family used our points their family would need a studio or villa that sleep 5 and the 1 bed. and studios at CCV only sleep 4.

If I understand the system you have to wait 3 months to have a chance to book at a DVC that is not your HOME? We LOVED the studio at the Poly though. Wish we had considered it back then!

I will try to talk DH into the tour anyway for the card and FP if they can do it at OUR convenience.

Thanks!

If I understand the system you have to wait 3 months to have a chance to book at a DVC that is not your HOME? We LOVED the studio at the Poly though. Wish we had considered it back then!

4 months. Home booking starts 11 months out. Free for all is 7. I would never recommend buying expensive direct CCV points without intent to use home resort privilege.

If you are staying off property do you qualify for the tour perks? If my mom and I did the tour (2 separate households) would we each receive $100 GC? I'm interested in learning more about DVC, and hope the perks make it worthwhile to miss out on park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!