Current Crowds

djmeredith

DIS Veteran
Thinking about planning a last minute trip in the next week or 2. How are the wait times lately? We would be onsite with Express Pass.

Check the Universal app

The ride times listed were a little on the higher side last week for some rides (a bit of social distancing in the line is throwing it off, usually the listed time was longer than the actual wait time) for example JP raft ride was listed at 60 minutes and was really more like 40 mins.

You need the Universal ap on your phone for food ordering, getting a virtual line pass, service if you are staying onsite at the hotels, etc so getting use to checking it daily before we left was good for me to learn how to navigate it.

"With new guidance from the CDC and other health leaders in mind, Universal Orlando Resort is doing away with temperature screenings and reducing social distancing requirements at its theme parks.

Effective Thursday, guests will no longer have their temperature checked before entering the property and the social distancing markers will be scooched closer from 6 feet to 3 feet.

While those two changes are taking place, the theme park doesn’t have plans to make amendments to its other coronavirus safety precautions just yet, including its mask mandate."

“The health and safety of our guests and team members is always our top priority. We continue to review the CDC guidelines and work with local health officials as we update our health and safety protocols,” a Universal spokeswoman said in a statement. “Based on guidance from government and local health officials, as of Thursday, May 6, we are implementing three feet of social distancing throughout our destination and are no longer conducting temperature checks. All other existing health and safety protocols will remain in place.”

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...enings-reduce-social-distancing-requirements/
Disney also annouced they are dropping the temp checks (at least, probably the 6ft to 3ft thing also based on what I hear from cast friends) on May 16th.

Last edited:

Thinking about planning a last minute trip in the next week or 2. How are the wait times lately? We would be onsite with Express Pass.
Crowds are huge for May compared to previous years.
Today was actually the one good day because there was rain/thunderstorms in the forecast so Hagrid's got down to 60 min and Castle Journey to 25 min.

But all the other days this week were really crowded. Like 2 hours for Hagrids and 50-70 min for Castle.

Today actually wasn't too bad (Friday), but the cast members were busy putting up railing fences outside of the parks on the Chocolate Factory and Hard Rock side because they anticipate a massive cue for the weekend and max capacity.

Ugh. Of course we arrive today. Staying at Hard Rock-here from this afternoon until Tuesday morning. Any tips for navigating this all? We were not expecting the VC soft open and the super high May crowds when we booked.

Ugh. Of course we arrive today. Staying at Hard Rock-here from this afternoon until Tuesday morning. Any tips for navigating this all? We were not expecting the VC soft open and the super high May crowds when we booked.

Probably rope drop since you are so close and maybe the early admission that comes with Hard Rock.

I figure Monday will be a good to get alot done so maybe take it easy on Sat and Sun and don't feel like you have to do everything.

Hagrid is worth doing as much as you can.
And Velocipcoaster you need to try at least once so I would target trying to do these each day.

Boune Spectacular is really incredible. I would recommend getting there 20 minutes before show time.
I've been turned away 3 times when I went there between 15-0 minutes before showtime. (*they have partial capacity in the theater so fills up quickly)

But all the other days this week were really crowded. Like 2 hours for Hagrids and 50-70 min for Castle.
Well, that is what was posted.

On Friday 4/30, Hagrids line said 75min, and was straight up walking to Hagrids hut with none of the switchbacks in use - I walked off the ride at 30min.

On Mon 6/2 afternoon I walked past Hagrids while they were posting 120min wait. There was absolutely no line before the lockers (past that, you can't see). That makes it a 40 min wait tops, assuming no breakdowns. I went on FJ with a posted 50 min wait and was walking off at 20-25min. Hagrids is the easiest to tell before you get in line, so you can make educated decisions.

Why they continue to post such inaccurate times mid-day boggles my mind.

Well, that is what was posted.

On Friday 4/30, Hagrids line said 75min, and was straight up walking to Hagrids hut with none of the switchbacks in use - I walked off the ride at 30min.

On Mon 6/2 afternoon I walked past Hagrids while they were posting 120min wait. There was absolutely no line before the lockers (past that, you can't see). That makes it a 40 min wait tops, assuming no breakdowns. I went on FJ with a posted 50 min wait and was walking off at 20-25min. Hagrids is the easiest to tell before you get in line, so you can make educated decisions.

Why they continue to post such inaccurate times mid-day boggles my mind.

I got burned on the train back to Universal though. Said 45 min (so I figured 25 min) and ended up taking 70 min. I wish they would post accurate times rather than being all over the place.

Right. Especially since you really can't see the actual line for most rides. And it has been long enough for Universal to have gotten a good grasp on accurate times by now.

We went to USO from 6-9. Crowds didn’t seem awful but the ExP was still a long wait on everything we rode which was frustrating.

So how were the parks today? On the app it wait times didn't look too bad.

They started filling every seat and using single rider lines, as well as removing all distancing markers, like there’s no pandemic going on. So wait times will be much lower but in the pics I’ve seen around it looks crowded with no to little distancing going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter