Curious reservation for Anaheim

pxlbarrel

They won't allow any kind of cow
So I took the advice of another poster and called DVC to ask if my points on my recently closed BWV purchase were in the system and if I was now a full fledged member of the DVC. To my joy, I was in the system and they had my banked 100 points and my 2011 points in the system. Yay!! She gave me my member ID number and I thanked her profusely.

I then called member services again to inquire about GVC for Feb 20 and 21. Alas, GVC had no availability so she then offered me Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Piers or Grand Californian. I thought that was odd ... considering I bought a resale and not direct from DVC. Timidly, I asked, "Is this allowed?" and she said, "sure, they waive the transaction fees for California because there are so few villas." I went, " uh ... ok, what can I get for 100 points for 2 nights?" And she booked me into the Disneyland Hotel premium view for those two nights and gave me a reference number.

So ... I'm confused ... happy but confused but also worried that they'll yank the ressie from me at some point in time when it'll be too late to arrange alternative lodgings.

Should I just be happy and not worry?

Well isn't that interesting. Keep us posted on this situation. Wonder if the system isn't as high tech as needed to ensure the restrictions happen.

I'm surprised she offered the Grand California as a hotel option, the charts only have Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel.

I doubt that they would take it away from you once confirmed.

One thing you should be aware of. When you book outside of DVC, such as the Disneyland Hotel, if you cancel the reservation the points are now reservation points and cannot be used for a DVC resort.

I'm surprised she offered the Grand California as a hotel option, the charts only have Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel.

I doubt that they would take it away from you once confirmed.

One thing you should be aware of. When you book outside of DVC, such as the Disneyland Hotel, if you cancel the reservation the points are now reservation points and cannot be used for a DVC resort.

Yeah, she did list a whole bunch of caveats about doing this ... you can't do this, you can only cancel this and it went on and on to the point where I started laughing. Either I used these banked points for this trip or they would never be used so if I have to cancel, the points are wasted anyway.

Well, I'll feel better when I get a hard copy confirmation or something other than just a reference number. LOL This will be my first time at the DLH. I've been in the Pan Pacific (now Paradise Pier) but never the DLH. Looking forward to it. :cool1:

And they mail you the confirmation for Disneyland Hotel lol. All the DVC hotels will email it. However, you should be able to log in and see the reservation in your account.

And they mail you the confirmation for Disneyland Hotel lol. All the DVC hotels will email it. However, you should be able to log in and see the reservation in your account.

Can't log into the site yet since I haven't received my club id or activation code yet.

OP, you must keep us posted on how this turns out....very curious indeed!

I called, as suggested, and got the information required to log into the dvc website. And my reservation is there ...

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth so I'll just keep my mouth shut when I check in. LOL If anything happens before February, I'll let you guys know.

We stayed at PPH and DLH this summer for the first time. We used points because VGC was unavailable. I was surprised to not have to pay the $95 fee. :banana: I hope you have a great time! We loved the DLH rooms....especially the headboards......!

I then called member services again to inquire about GVC for Feb 20 and 21. Alas, GVC had no availability so she then offered me Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Piers or Grand Californian. I thought that was odd ... considering I bought a resale and not direct from DVC.

Can you check something for me? Can you look at your Notice of Waiver of ROFR and see if it has the following clause?

Members purchasing their Ownership Interest in any DVC Resort from a person or entity other than directly from DVD shall not be able to use the Vacation Points associated with that Ownership Interest for reservations or stays through the Incidental Benefits known as the Adventurer Collection, Concierge Collection, or The Disney Collection. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on your ability to transfer these products, services and Incidental Benefits if you sell your Ownership Interest or based upon their continued availability.

This clause started appearing on Notices of Waiver filed with the Orange County Comptroller on June 30, 2011, and later. If your Notice doesn't have this clause, then perhaps your resale deed was grandfathered under the old rules.

If you don't have a copy of your Notice of Waiver, you can get an electronic copy from the OCC website for free. Here is a thread that explains how you can obtain a copy of your OCC record: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40969104&postcount=5

Here is a link to an article about the language changes on Notices on resales: http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1628&Itemid=1

Thanks in advance for checking this out!!

Well, the plot thickens ... I just got a message to call the supervisor at DVC. She's in a meeting now but she's supposed to call me when she gets out ....

It would be pretty bad form to try to cancel your reservation now. Maybe they'll offer you GVC afterall instead. Keep us posted popcorn::

It would be pretty bad form to try to cancel your reservation now. Maybe they'll offer you GVC afterall instead. Keep us posted popcorn::

Well...they cancelled the reservation. :sad1:

I understood why so I didn't make a big fuss about it. She checked Grand Californian Villas for me but there was still no availability. She put me on a priority wait list for it so if a studio or 1 bedroom opens up, I'm at the top of the list. She apologized profusely for the error.

Oh well. Easy come, easy go. At least we know somebody's checking.

Well I guess it was a fluke and the CM didn't notice your points were purchased via resale. You'd think they'd have at least an alert pop up to warn the CM.

Thank you for letting us know what happened. And good luck getting the DVC reservation you want. Don't forget you can wait list for your dates and villa type.

You might want to double check to be sure your points are not now "reservation points". (Even though you could not use them for hotel reservations!) Hopefully they cancelled the reservation correctly so that your points are normal DVC points.

If you are on the waitlist, I would call every week or so about the individual nights. When I first called in July for VGC for 10/13-10/16, they were all booked. I waitlisted for either a studio or one bedroom. I called every week and first got 10/13 in a studio. Then I was able to get 10/15 in a 1BR. I then changed my waitlist for 10/14 in a studio or a 1BR and it came through about 2 months later (a few weeks ago). So, right now we have all three nights at the VGC, the first in a studio and the next two in a 1BR. I am still waiting for to see if we can get 10/13 in a 1BR so we don't have to switch rooms, but if we don't, I will still be happy with what we got!

Well...they cancelled the reservation. :sad1:

I understood why so I didn't make a big fuss about it. She checked Grand Californian Villas for me but there was still no availability. She put me on a priority wait list for it so if a studio or 1 bedroom opens up, I'm at the top of the list. She apologized profusely for the error.

Oh well. Easy come, easy go. At least we know somebody's checking.

FWIW, I own at VGC and have had to waitlist twice (I'm a late planner being relatively new at this), and I've gotten my reservation both times. And the last one was during the D23 Expo! I always book studios. Good luck!

FWIW, I own at VGC and have had to waitlist twice (I'm a late planner being relatively new at this), and I've gotten my reservation both times. And the last one was during the D23 Expo! I always book studios. Good luck!

Ohhh..thank you so much for the uplifting news. LOL I was about to start my alternative hotel list. I'll hold off a bit now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter