Curious - closest airport to Vero

lulu71

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
For those of you that go to Vero without also going to WDW -

Which airport do you fly into? From mapquest, it looks like West Palm Beach is about 30 minutes closer than Orlando. Even closer is Melbourne, which Delta services. Has anyone used these other airports and how was it? Thanks!!

Melbourne is the closest. The difficulty is direct flights and/or ticket cost. If you can get those, there's probably no reason not to use Melbourne.

It's a toss up between Orlando and West Palm. If I were going to Vero Beach only I would probably fly into West Palm. Before DVC when I vacationed in that area, it would always be West Palm. If you are including a WDW trip and/or can get a better air fare or flight, Orlando is not that much different.

When we went a few years ago, we flew into Orlando. The drive was pretty easy. Since we usually take late flights home, we were able to spend our last day in Sea World before the flight.

Melbourne is a great small airport. We take Delta into it. They fly a nicer sort of smaller jet into Melbourne. It takes us only about 20 minutes to get to Vero. The airport has rental cars and everything a big airport would. Even has a cafeteria that is nice as any airport food place. It's very sweet. No large crowds to deal with.

As Pam stated earlier, Melbourne is the nearest(30 miles)........Orlando(MCO) is 96 miles from VB. So far we have only flew into Orlando because of direct flights.
You will have the biggest selection( of direct flights) and probably cheaper flights from Orlando.
We have cousins that live in Melbourne and my sister is moving (from Pittsburgh)to West Palm Beach in December........so I think we will be flying
fahr01.gif
into West Palm Beach more often now, if we are not going to WDW and just VB.

we have done all three, Melbourne is great, if you can get flights, if you are from Atlanta - you are all set. Delta flies direct, you may pay a little more, but its easy. I find Orlando easier, only because the traffic to West Palm can be horrible!!! this past summer we did West Palm, between the traffic and the construction, I was ready to give up and call for directions. We made it though, we actually gave ourselves enough time! Orlando you can get some pretty cheap direct flights, especially if you are coming from NYC.

We have flown into West Palm as well as Melbourne. Melbourne is now our favorite, even though we have a stop. Less hassle getting to Vero, less time as well. And prices haven't really been that different lately. In fact, we're heading for Vero via Melbourne on Sunday.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!