Culture Shocks and Disney Magic... in Asia!!! A TR on all Asia Disney Resorts! [Update Dec19!]

Thank goodness we had a fast pass, because the standby line up was at 60 minutes at this time,

60 minutes?

Okay. The good thing about rainy days in the park.....low crowds. It was practically walk-on for us on all 3 days. I don't think we pulled in FP for Tron on any of the days we were there.

Outside track

Love this angle.

Some green space, and a view of Disneytown in the background​

That green space was just....odd. It kinda looked unfinished. I hope Disney has plans for that space at a later date.

The boat ride looks so fun!

The inside of the castle is beautiful, love all those mosaics!

Great picture with Mickey!

Tron sounds like an awesome ride!

Tron sounds like a neat ride, but I did not watch the videos in case I ever make it there someday, I want to be surprised. Pictures of the ride vehicles and track are enough. But first I would have to see the movies! :laughing:

Haha I'm that one that mentioned at one point in your report that I did the same trip too and was excited to hear from your perspective compared to mine! Haha

Yep! It was lots of fun!! "The loooooobbbbbyyyyy" "Foooooooood" and "Oooh Level 7" Hahaha

Lol, you'll have to forgive me, I am apparently bad at keeping track of those who comment on my report! :P Well it's super exciting to read your report and see your thoughts on the things we saw :) :)

I saw your video of the elevators just after I commented! Level 7 is the same as Level 5 apparently :) I loved it too, it was such an adorable touch!!

Tron looks so flippin cool!!!!! I wish they would bring that ride to the US parks!

That castle is absolutely gorgeous inside!! And it's stunning outside, too :thumbsup2

Haha Tai Chi with Chip and Dale......not many people can say they've done/seen that :hyper:

Just found and read your TR up to this point. It looks like you are having a blast! (With the exception of the 144hr visa issue.) As a fellow CBC, it is definitely interesting to hear your stories from that perspective as I can relate. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.

60 minutes?

Okay. The good thing about rainy days in the park.....low crowds. It was practically walk-on for us on all 3 days. I don't think we pulled in FP for Tron on any of the days we were there.

Wow! How lucky haha. The evenings died down, so there wasn't too much of a wait in the evenings, but the early afternoons was always busy.

That green space was just....odd. It kinda looked unfinished. I hope Disney has plans for that space at a later date.

Hahaha certainly hope so!

Lol, you'll have to forgive me, I am apparently bad at keeping track of those who comment on my report! :P Well it's super exciting to read your report and see your thoughts on the things we saw :) :)

I saw your video of the elevators just after I commented! Level 7 is the same as Level 5 apparently :) I loved it too, it was such an adorable touch!!
Hahahah that's okay I have fallen behind on a lot of reading, so I haven't commented in a long long time aha!

Yes! They're so cute love the aliens aha

Tron looks so flippin cool!!!!! I wish they would bring that ride to the US parks!

That castle is absolutely gorgeous inside!! And it's stunning outside, too :thumbsup2

Haha Tai Chi with Chip and Dale......not many people can say they've done/seen that :hyper:
There is rumour that Tron might be coming to the American parks!!!

Really different seeing such a huge castle!!

Just found and read your TR up to this point. It looks like you are having a blast! (With the exception of the 144hr visa issue.) As a fellow CBC, it is definitely interesting to hear your stories from that perspective as I can relate. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Thanks for following along!

Day 3 [part 5]: More firsts… First meal, First parade!

On our way to Wandering Moon Teahouse! From Tomorrowland, the quickest path is to head back towards Mickey Avenue by the main entrance. There are some quirky store fronts haha. I can’t remember some of them, but I’m pretty sure we ended up coming back to take a look at them again.

Balloons!
hWPpqZN.jpg

Mickey Avenue is pretty wide, but it’s short!!
G7mQQAI.jpg

JZZNXNu.jpg

z0XPQKi.jpg

Our first view of Wandering Moon Teahouse! One of the dining rooms
NbDcX8I.jpg

Official entrance
cEYjGgS.jpg

6PwqlfA.jpg

The big dining room
6cr0JyC.jpg

Mini gate
Uojw64P.jpg

Getting closer
A9UUyVp.jpg

You can just see the TWO strollers in front of the entrance ahaha
GO2vQ1d.jpg

So grand!
ba36MSZ.jpg

Very high ceilings
KTrGAaC.jpg

View of the menu… (Can’t really see much, but it’s Chinese food)
nLdNM97.jpg

Glendon and I’s meals
T7O5Gjb.jpg

What was really surprising was that all your dishes came with a beverage as well! I ended up choosing one of the drinks that are very… chinese? I can’t remember which it was, maybe something like honey pomelo, or plum something? It was kind of sweet, but I liked it. For our dishes, I ordered the one called “Gluten and Mushrooms” … I have no idea what they mean by “gluten” but I ordered it because I reeeeeeeeally wanted the Mickey shaped carrot for a photo. The person at the counter had to tell me it was a vegetarian dish, which to be honest wasn’t really what I was feeling like having, but I was pretty fixated on the Mickey carrot, so I said “that’s okay!!!” (It was the only dish on the menu that had a Mickey shaped vegetable on it!!!) Glendon ordered the Shanghainese Pork Belly.

“Gluten and Mushrooms”
SQDST26.jpg

“Shanghainese Pork Belly”
VwBN1Pq.jpg

I liked the picture of my food because I liked how orange the Mickey carrot was. I didn’t exactly love my dish though. I THINK the gluten stuff is some sort of mung bean or tofu thing. I didn’t love the dish, because it really was a Chinese vegetarian dish. The kind of stuff you would get to eat if you ever got food at a temple. There wasn’t any sauce with my dish, and I don’t particularly like eating plain rice with tofu stuff hahaha. I’m not big on tofu anyways. But I guess that was my own fault for ordering it even though I knew I likely wouldn’t love it.

Glendon LOVED his pork belly and rice. The sauce was yummy, and the pork belly was soft! I loved it too and I was jealous of his dish haha. But I was pretty happy I got mushrooms. (Jenna also had the Shanghainese Pork Belly, and Brian got the Wagyu Beef Noodle Soup)

We were pretty surprised with our first experience of eating in the park. From what we had been hearing, a lot of the restaurants (even the counter service) were dead because locals thought the food was overpriced. Brian’s dish, the noodle soup, was the MOST expensive one on the menu, at 85Yuan. Converted, that comes to about $16.50 Canadian dollars (just a little over $12 USD). That’s not terribly expensive, considering the fact that it also came with a drink. (Because all our meals did come with a drink, by the end of our trip we realized that Shanghai Disneyland ended up being the cheapest of our meals in parks this trip!) I think we’re just pretty used to spending a hefty amount sometimes in the American parks for in-park dining, that this didn’t seem too bad. We were baffled that the restaurant was DEAD. Because most of the counter service places in the American parks get SO busy. There were only two other tables taken aside from us out of ALL the dining rooms!!

After lunch, we just planned on doing a little bit of exploring. But right as we stepped outside, we noticed that the street was blocked! THE PARADE JUST STARTED AND WE GOT OUT JUST IN TIME!!!!

We LOVED this parade. Not really sure why, really! It was just a normal day time parade haha. But it felt fun! Plus the music was SO catchy! We ended up humming it all day and we didn’t even mind, because it was just so catchy haha. Here are just some of my photos.

Chip and Dale
k1hxrGN.jpg

Chip [Edit: I thought it was Chip. It's Dale]
OV48xXL.jpg

Dancing Chip! [Edit: Dale!]
Zof44Nm.jpg

Lots of love Pluto
6Cv72BD.jpg

Daisy and Minnie
h7850Rc.jpg

Mickey’s Storybook Express! (I think that’s what this parade is called?)
(Looks like Casey Jr??)
IhseZj9.jpg

And Mickey himself, smiling right at ME (or so I'm pretty sure ME, anyways)
iU0T54P.jpg

Some of my favourite characters… the Dwarfs!
62btp5o.jpg

Toy Story Army Men!
8Cf3KRg.jpg

Super cute Toy Story float!
FY4abeN.jpg

SERIOUSLY HOW CUTE
aDyfYMV.jpg

AND Slinky Dog at at the end!!!
9UxpEw2.jpg

LOVED the Tangled float!
vvXCxQ6.jpg

mzfZoLF.jpg

LOOOOOOOK

Frozen Float
5bq0GLV.jpg

There was also a Finding Nemo float, but my favourite were the seagulls haha
t12vW1W.jpg

There was also a really awesome MULAN float. Of course they would have a great representation of Mulan haha. But that was their most exciting float, that also shot up fire and big drums beating with Mulan sitting atop her horse. I don’t know how we don’t have photos?!
[EDIT: Glendon has photos, I just got them, but I ran out of space in this post, so additional content will be in THIS NEXT POST!!!]

Anyways, during the parade we unfortunately were standing next to a family that didn’t like to follow rules (they were directly to our left… so in the direction of where the parade is coming from). Most of the people around were pretty good and stayed behind the line. (Only the other side of the street was roped off in our section, our side of the street we were all just standing behind a line.) Every single member of the family next to us took turns standing into the parade path so they could get videos and photos of the parade coming towards us. The cast members kept telling them to stay behind the line! Which they would do when they were asked, but as soon as a new float came by the would step right back out. SO a lot of our photos had the tops of their heads in them. Overall, it was okay because it didn’t bother us too much since it was just them. We mostly felt bad for the one cast member who kept having to talk to them.

So far, pretty good day!

Up next… exploring! Sirens Revenge

Last edited:
Day 3 [part 5] continued: MULAN FLOAT! Extra views of Wandering Moon Teahouse

The Mulan float really is quite spectacular!
3LoQ2Pj.jpg

Extra cool that she’s in her WARRIOR wear!!!!​

lAYWFtw.jpg

cW23ks8.jpg

I think it’s neat that they decided to represent Mulan here as warrior Mulan, since for most of the movie she IS a warrior. I honestly LOVED this float. It brought back really good memories of when this movie was released. As you can imagine, when I was a kid, I definitely watched Mulan a LOT haha. Although I do like the Mulan meet and greets they do in Epcot in Disney World (fancy girl Mulan) something about warrior Mulan makes me feel like she’s just so amazing. GO MULAN GO!!!

Anyways, here are a couple more photos from Wandering Moon Teahouse.

Main dining room. Omg, actually empty.
HD5lM9B.jpg

Cute lanterns
l1kT58I.jpg

(Uploading the videos from the parade has got the song stuck in my head again!)

Up next… exploring! Sirens Revenge

Last edited:
Wandering Teahouse looks really cool inside. We never seemed to make it in there in the rain. Something for next time....because that pork belly looks delicious!

Love the parade pictures. And yes, that Mulan float was amazing.

!!! Mulan Float and she's in her warrior gear?! What a dream! Wish they would do this for meet and greets; I like "Princess Mulan" but her warrior outfits are awesome too.

What a fun report! It's interesting that the dish is actually called "gluten." I can't imagine actually ordering a dish called gluten over on this side of the pond, even though I don't avoid food with gluten in it. Just goes to show that cultural differences can pop up anywhere.

Can't wait to read more! I would love to go there someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!