cultural question for the brits...

dis-happy

DIS Veteran
If you have a side-by-side refrigerator, which side is the freezer on?

I watched a cooking show yesterday, the cook was British, and the freezer was on the right side, the regular refrigerator portion on the left side. Exactly the opposite as it is here! I know the UK drives on the right side of the road and now wonder...are refrigerators likewise on opposite sides?

Thanks!!! Looking forward to finding out....:)

i think most of the ones usa style here sold in the uk have left side freezers
otherwise we have the other style where the fridge is the top and freezer at the bottom

My side by side is = Left freezer, right fridge. :thumbsup2

My side-by-side has the freezer on the left...

Our side by side has the freezer on the left and fridge on the right.

We have an American style fridge/freezer with freezer on the left and fridge on the right.

Ours has the freezer on the left too. Our old one was the same.

I'm not sure it is a cultural issue though - just what is available to buy!

ditto here, freezer on the left and fridge on the right

We were looking at American style fridges in Currys and all of them had the freezer on the left :)

PS: we drive on the left in the UK:)

lol i always wanted one of these, but short of taking down a wall there is no way for it to get into my kitchen!

it'd be so different to have them changed, weve always had freezer on the left

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://1person1million.com/pages/824/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://1person1million.com/pages/824/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter