Ding! Ding! Ding! Your seashell is ready Part 2!
('cause I forgot something)

As I was getting ready for the next update, I found more pictures of the room and one of the Art of Animation lobby. I figured I better go ahead and post them before I forgot them again.

IMG_4331 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_4332 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_4336 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_4337 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_4339 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_E4334 (768x1024).jpg
IMG_E4338 (768x1024).jpg

I'm not sure if I said this before but we were very very pleased with the room. The buildings with the Little Mermaid rooms are pretty far from the main building but we didn't mind the walk at all. It was an easy straight walk from our room to the lobby, main area, etc. I'd not hesitate to stay there again and have recommended it to several clients one of which will be there in 11 days.

Up next: For the first time in forever!

All caught up! so nice of them to move you to the new hotel! The ASMu room does look very worn down. No wonder they are refurbing all the All Stars. Bonus points for getting ANOTHER gift card! Your leisurely morning at Epcot looks so nice too. I want those nachos and I want them NOW though! We are doing a quick trip Memorial Day weekend and I think those just moved to the top of my list!

For the first time in forever!

We were back at Epcot in plenty of time for our next Fastpass and for our dinner reservation. Given the title of this update, I am betting you guessed we were headed. The new Frozen Ever After Attraction. I don't like murder mysteries, or cop shows, or bang 'em up cut 'em up kind of movies or television shows. When there's nothing else to watch on television, I'll flip it to the Disney channel. I've watched Frozen many times and it's a really cute movie so I was looking forward to this new attraction. I took just one inside of the village and it's not that great.

IMG_4312 (1024x768).jpg

And I attempted to take some while we sailed through Norway.

IMG_4314 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4315 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4316 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4317 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4318 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4319 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4320 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4322 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4323 (1024x768).jpg
Continued in next post

All caught up! so nice of them to move you to the new hotel! The ASMu room does look very worn down. No wonder they are refurbing all the All Stars. Bonus points for getting ANOTHER gift card! Your leisurely morning at Epcot looks so nice too. I want those nachos and I want them NOW though! We are doing a quick trip Memorial Day weekend and I think those just moved to the top of my list!

It was very nice of them to move us. All that we really wanted was a new room at Music. I have a feeling that we weren't the only ones who had mentioned the rooms because there was no surprise on his face at all when I said something.

The nachos and empanadas are so very good!

Add on post

I just realized that I was wrong about one of the things that we did earlier. We actually had to go back to Disney's All Star Music Resort and get our vehicle. We drove it over to Art of Animation. And, for some reason, these two pictures are popping up in my camera roll. I took this while we were walking to the front of Epcot. I remember now that we caught a bus to All Star Sports because it pulled up before one to All Star Music. All this forgetfulness is what I get for taking so long to write the report.

IMG_4329 (1024x768).jpg

Walking across the field at Disney's All Star Sports Resort.
IMG_4330 (1024x768).jpg

La fiesta! Um um good!

Today was a day of backtracking and going here there and yonder. But it was okay because I didn't have much of a plan for this day other than our Fastpasses. Our fastpasses had been used and I didn't get on the app and look for any others because we were happy with exploring World Showcase and seeing the various Christmas decorations. Soon, it was time for our dinner reservation. It was another new restaurant for us. La Hacienda de San Angel. Yes, we had eaten mexican food for lunch but we were ready to try the sit down restaurant too. And boy were we glad that we did.

I had hoped to be seated outside or near the windows just in case our dinner lasted long enough that we'd have a view of Illuminations. We were seated inside instead but I wasn't too disappointed because I figured we would be out in time to stake out a spot for Illuminations. Our waitress brought out fresh made chips and salsa.

IMG_E4342 (1024x711).jpg

I ordered the fish tacos which I don't see on the menu anymore. This was stepping outside the box for me as this isn't something that I would have normally ordered. This may sound weird but I don't like fish that have a strong fishy taste. Sorry for the photo being sideways.

IMG_E4343 (768x1024).jpg
The tacos came with black beans and rice

IMG_E4345 (768x1024).jpg
IMG_E4346 (768x1024).jpg
John ordered the Carne Asada: New York Strip served with Cascabel Beurre Blanc and Pumpkin Habanero Dust, Queso Fresco, and Corn Mashed Potatoes

IMG_E4344 (1024x768).jpg

Both of our dishes were outstanding! And, of course, we sampled each other's dishes because that's what is so great about ordered two different entrees.

For dessert, we ordered:

Empanada de Manzana,puff pastry filled with sauteed caramel apples, served with dulce de leche ice cream and cajeta (caramel sauce)

IMG_E4347 (1024x768).jpg
And I'm not quite sure what this sideways dish is because I'm not seeing it on the menu.

IMG_E4348 (768x1024).jpg

What I do know is that they were both very good and were the perfect ending to a great meal. La Hacienda de San Angel is on our "we'd eat there again" list for sure.

**Up next: Here we globe again!

Well hello, Lisa!!! I just got back on the Disboards earlier this year after a very long hiatus! I was very excited to see your FB post yesterday! Will you be doing a TR for your 2018 trip, as well?

Well hello, Lisa!!! I just got back on the Disboards earlier this year after a very long hiatus! I was very excited to see your FB post yesterday! Will you be doing a TR for your 2018 trip, as well?

Yay for being back on the Disboards and coming to read! I went missing as well. I do want to do a trip report for our 2018 WDW vacation and want to get this one done so I can move on to it.

Even though John hadn't seen the movie, he still felt that it was a nice change from what had become a pretty stale attraction.

I just experienced Frozen Ever After for the first time a few weeks ago and I agree that it is really well done, and a gazillion times better than Maelstrom. :) My friends and I rode it in the morning with a fast pass and then during extra magic hours, 3 more times including the last ride of the night. We may have sang along quite a bit too. :cool1:

I just experienced Frozen Ever After for the first time a few weeks ago and I agree that it is really well done, and a gazillion times better than Maelstrom. :) My friends and I rode it in the morning with a fast pass and then during extra magic hours, 3 more times including the last ride of the night. We may have sang along quite a bit too. :cool1:

I agree that it is a step up from Maelstrom. I'm not a big fan of Disney turning the majority of Norway into Frozenville. That sounds like a fun time getting to ride it multiple times. Makes it more funner. Yes that is a true word. LOL

Love all the updates!!!! I'm so excited that you got a Little Mermaid room It looks so cute!!!

Hey lady! The room was adorable!

I kept saying I wanted to try that crazy elf drink but I wouldn't ever buy it because I'm not much of a drinker and I didn't know if I would like it and didn't want to waste the $10 :confused3

I kept saying I wanted to try that crazy elf drink but I wouldn't ever buy it because I'm not much of a drinker and I didn't know if I would like it and didn't want to waste the $10 :confused3

You sound like me. I'm not a drinker either. All those drinks sound so good but I end up tossing them whenever I do break down and buy one.

Love your report-just read thru the whole thing. My daddy’s side is from the NOLA area and we lived upriver a ways for 9 years or so. I loved your descriptions-pretty much right on target!

I also love to sew, too. Haven’t been able to do as much as I like because our DGD lives with us now and she’s in the terrible, destructive, needy Twos! But we love it and another year or so and I can get back at it.

Hope your thanksgiving trip went well. Couples trips are great, we’ve had two, but the kids are so much fun!

Love your report-just read thru the whole thing. My daddy’s side is from the NOLA area and we lived upriver a ways for 9 years or so. I loved your descriptions-pretty much right on target!

Welcome to my report! So a fellow Louisiana resident or used to be.

I also love to sew, too. Haven’t been able to do as much as I like because our DGD lives with us now and she’s in the terrible, destructive, needy Twos! But we love it and another year or so and I can get back at it.

My mama used to sew almost all of my clothes as a young child and I hated standing around and letting her fit me. I think that is why I always said I would never sew anything for myself. But, I actually love it.

Hope your thanksgiving trip went well. Couples trips are great, we’ve had two, but the kids are so much fun!

We had a great time! I want to get this report finished up so I can write about the next!

Here we globe again!

After our delicious dinner, we waddled out of Mexico and continued our clockwise journey around World Showcase. We were scoping out a good spot to watch Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. As we made our way around, we would stop every now and then in the various countries. I believe we picked up a few more snacks and I tucked them into my bag for later. If I am remembering correctly, we ended up stopping somewhere between Canada and the boat dock at the front of World Showcase lagoon as this is our usual watching spot.

We people watched until it was time for Illuminations to begin. I have always enjoyed this nighttime show and look forward to seeing the new version when it makes its debut.

100_0282 (1024x768).jpg
100_0284 (1024x768).jpg
100_0285 (1024x768).jpg
100_0286 (1024x768).jpg
100_0287 (1024x768).jpg

Here we globe again!
100_0290 (1024x768).jpg

100_0291 (1024x768).jpg

100_0293 (1024x768).jpg
100_0294 (1024x768).jpg
100_0295 (1024x768).jpg

Continued in next post

Here we globe again! continued

100_0308 (1024x768).jpg

Geeze that was not any better than the one above. Sorry!

I'm keeping this next one in only because it looks kinda cool....not that it captured anything really.
100_0311 (1024x768).jpg
And then it was over. Ahhh Illuminations, I love you and will miss you (even though it is included in my next trip report....that I'll start as soon as I finish this one up which I am working on).

We sat and people watched until most of the crowds had trickled out of the park. As I was sitting, I noticed this stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I squished a duck or is that a chick?
IMG_4304 (1024x768) (2) (1024x768).jpg
We slowly walked to the front of the park and I could resist taking pictures of the illuminated park icon:
100_0313 (1024x768).jpg
100_0314 (1024x768).jpg
100_0315 (1024x768).jpg

Hum...looks like I took a total of three almost exact pictures. Guess it was that pretty to me.

We left the park and strolled slowly over to the Art of Animation Resort line. I was surprised that it wasn't any longer than it was given the fact that the resort is mostly suites. We got in line and were on the next bus outta there.

**Up next: Come on in! The key's under the mat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter