cuckoo clocks

becalubob

DIS Veteran
Looking for more info on the cuckoo clocks in Epcot. I've heard price ranges in Germany are 200 - 1800 ?! Anyone bought one? Description? Pic?
Do any of the other countries sell cuckoo clocks? Thanks!!!

We bought one at EPCOT 3 years ago at the clock shop in Germany. Ours was $595 and it's beautiful. Sorry I don't have a picture. It has 2 men sitting at a table with beer steins that lift their arms to drink at the hour and 1/2 hour. Also has a waterwheel that goes around and dancers towards the top that dance, plus the cockoo that pops out. It plays the Happy Wanderer and Edelweiss. It measures 11x7x12H. I love it.

CindyKansas said:
We bought one at EPCOT 3 years ago at the clock shop in Germany. Ours was $595 and it's beautiful. Sorry I don't have a picture. It has 2 men sitting at a table with beer steins that lift their arms to drink at the hour and 1/2 hour. Also has a waterwheel that goes around and dancers towards the top that dance, plus the cockoo that pops out. It plays the Happy Wanderer and Edelweiss. It measures 11x7x12H. I love it.

Funny, I have a clock that fits that discription to a "t", but I schlepped it back from Germany. I paid about $300 for it due to a bad exchange rate at the time.

The clock has brought much joy and character to our living room. If you can't travel to Germany, Epcot sounds like a good second choice. If you have internet while you are there, it is easy to price online to make sure you aren't getting ripped, I have seen prices double of what they are worth.

Are your clocks weights-driven? I have always wanted a clock that was weights-driven only. I guess, now, some make them battery-driven and it can be hard to tell. :guilty:

I would also be interested if someone comes across a good place to order them.

Not from epcot.. but I got a cuckoo clock from Switerland in 1994 for $80 (american dollars).

It drives my husband crazy. So, it never is "wound" (with the weights).. it's just decoration.

Thanks everyone!!! My parents had a cuckoo clock when I was growing up and it's such a happy memory; I can't wait to get one of my own!! Great link!

I bought one from Disney shopping a couple of years back, but they had it again not too long ago. I love it, it has mickey & minnie in a cute little cottage. No music, but it does cuckoo.

mtblujeans said:
Are your clocks weights-driven? I have always wanted a clock that was weights-driven only. I guess, now, some make them battery-driven and it can be hard to tell. :guilty:

I would also be interested if someone comes across a good place to order them.

You should be carefull with what you are buying. I only looked at authentic mechanical clocks made in Germany. They fall into a couple of categories. I bought a 1-day clock, which means you have to reset the three weights every day. They also make 8-day clocks I believe.

For the weights, one is for the clock, one is for music and one is for motion, so you can tell right away what a clock does whether it has one, two or three weights.

The movement may be mechanical or electronic with a battery. Many of the movements are made in China and much less quality than the German movements. I went with a genuine made in Germany clock, no Chinese components.

Some people like the electronic movements since you don't have to wind the clock, but the sound just isn't the same as an old style mechanical clock.

You are so right about the close eye on how it is made!

I just found this one at DisneyShopping and I am considering ordering it. Does anyone else have this Snow White/Dwarfs clock?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!