CSR sold out late June 2012 into 1st week of July 2012

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I wonder why CSR is already totally booked for end of June 2012 into the 1st week of July 2012.

We tried calling WDW 4 diffferent times and no rooms were available, even though it is over a year away.

Does anyone know why ?

A very, very large convention ?

Schools booking up many buildings for a sport even like cheerleading or football ?

A wedding party as large or as wealthy as Duke William and Dutchess Catherine of England ? Our best wishes go out to the newly married Royal couple and their families.

Anyone know ?

I didn't think they book that far in advance? My guess would be it's showing sold out because it's not available yet. 2012 rates should be coming out in Sept.

.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We tried to book a standard this year around the same time, many months ahead but there were only king beds left. There are three of us so this wouldn't work. I think there is a big convention during that time this year. Maybe it is yearly?

My guess is they block rooms so that they have them set aside for any conventions they may book, they may not be actually reserved yet.

I didn't think they book that far in advance? My guess would be it's showing sold out because it's not available yet. 2012 rates should be coming out in Sept.

.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can call and book a room only 500 days out but it is at the current year's rack rates until new pricing comes out (it can also be adjusted for promos in most cases). We are 59 days out from being able to make our Nov 2012 reservation so they should be booking July 2012.

OP, what kind of room are you trying to book? I know that there are a limited number of suites and I would guess it is possible for those to be booked this far out but I would doubt that all the regular rooms are totally booked at this point.

We are booking just a standard room. WDW reservations said only suites were available from June 23 to July 3, 2012. Too pricey for us.
If we could afford a CSR suite, then we would be staying at a deluxe with a daybed. :rotfl:
All other rooms at CSR were already reserved, per WDW reservations.

So, we booked POFQ, standard room for June 12, 2012 to July 3, 2012.
We asked for building 4 or 5 to be near the bus stop.

We are room only reservation - no package since we pay for food OOP and have 10 day park hoppers pre-purchased. We will still try for an AAA rate to save a few dollars, maybe $20 off per night. I think 2012 rates will be out by August 2011.

My teen DS really likes the pool pictures of CSR, one reason we may still try to get a room there, BUT - :scared1:if there is a large amount of kids from cheerleading or football running about, I do not want to be at CSR.
We have run into rude and loud cheerleaders at WDW before.
Not to say all cheerleading groups are bad, but the taste of one bad cheerleading group makes us avoid them.

I have not seen anything listed for those dates. That does not mean, however, that there isn't a convention at that time.

Football does not play in June so there would not be football players. There are no "cheerleaders" in June of htis year at the CSR, so I don't know that it is that either.

POFQ is a great resort. If you can't get into the other, I hope you enjoy POFQ. The grounds are beautiful.

I am also waiting for that 500 day date so I can book my Dec 2012 trip.

It's nice to hear that I'm not the only person that plans out trips in advance. People I work with think I'm crazy.

We've done convention stays before and they hold a very large block of rooms until 30 days out and then release so for the convention resorts it's definitely worth calling back and not giving up. The conventions usually book for the next year during the previous convention too. Even if they aren't large if you have a few going on that all block out way more rooms than they need it adds up. My DH attends the convention and I get to tour and honesty staying at a resort with lots of conventioners is awesome because they aren't riding the buses to the parks :)

Not everything is loaded at the 500 day mark. Many room types at several resorts aren't in the system this early.

Try after August when accurate prices are released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter