CSR review.....

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
After I get my home computer back I will post a trip report but I just wanted to say that CSR was a great place to stay, for all of those that are contemplating Mods.....

Checked in at 10am and our room was ready. We received all our requests. Non smoking and Ranchos area 7B room # 7515.

Not too far from the parking lot so getting all our luggage to room was easy! Close to bus stop 4. Very close to quiet pool and the dig site.

I was shocked that so many find the walk to Pepper Market from Ranchos long. It was a nice stroll. Also the food at Pepper Market was fantastic. There was a few conventions in house but they didn't make us feel at all out of place.

Bus service was 20 minute wait to MK one day but I expected delays as it was a very busy time of year (but in retrospect after eating at 1900 PF one morning ,we took the bus from GF to Ak and waited 40 minutes for it.)

I was shocked (if I was shelling out 450 a night I'd be ticked)!

Overall, this resort really was fantastic! I would stay there again.

Lisa

Thanks for the report, I may book there for this Aug.

Glad to hear you had a good expreience @ CSR. We love it too and can't figure out why it get bashed so many times for being "so spread out". We stayed in the Rancho 7B also and thought the location was perfect!! We loved the decor throughout and although the Pepper Market isn't our favorite place, we really loved the Maya Grill. Did you try it?

Thanks for sharing some positive comments on CSR.

Originally posted by EmmasGrammy
Glad to hear you had a good expreience @ CSR. We love it too and can't figure out why it get bashed so many times for being "so spread out". We stayed in the Rancho 7B also and thought the location was perfect!! We loved the decor throughout and although the Pepper Market isn't our favorite place, we really loved the Maya Grill. Did you try it?

Thanks for sharing some positive comments on CSR.

Hi EmmasGranny,

We didn't get to try Maya Grill, DH & DD are quite fussy eaters so mostly we had PS's in a park for dinner and had cereal which we brought with us. But we had friends who also stayed there and they said breakfast was wonderful.

Anything I do not get the chance to experience on any give trip I classify as a reason to go back! I was expecting the walk to be so much worse and it was very nice, we enjoyed it.

Have a magical day!
Lisa

We too are recently back from CSR - Cabanas 8a.

Yes - the resort was spread out but the walk to the Pepper Market was really pleasant in the mornings and evenings.

We were pleased to be near to the Dig Site so that the kids could play in the pool.

The whole resort had the look and feel of a more "upscale" resort than a Moderate IMHO.

WDW's best kept secret. Keep it down.

Glad you enjoyed CSR! We love it too. I'm counting the days to my next return.

Originally posted by Buzz2001
WDW's best kept secret. Keep it down.

Glad you enjoyed CSR! We love it too. I'm counting the days to my next return.

I'll double that shhhh shhhh. Don't let the cat out of the bag. You are required to say that it was too spread out. If people start hearing reports of how nice it is...

We really loved CSR last year, but it was a bit too spread out.:jester:

I originally wanted to go back there this year, but I also liked the idea of checking out the new rooms at POFQ.

I am so glad to hear such a great report. I stayed there one night in December & was not able to get a good feel of the place. But I did not find that the walk from PM was so bad to the Ranchos. I have requested Cabanas this time to be more central to the the Dig Site & El Centro. I wasn't sure if the heat & humidity may make the place feel "too spread out" this time around. ;)

We have stayed there twice and found CSR to be a great resort.
It's the only mod we have tried:earsboy:

Horrible resort, tired legs, don't go there, rarely a crowded bus, gorgeous lush tropical grounds, amazing pool and slide, great for kids, such theming, relaxing hammocks and sand, did I say beautiful! So, be warned all you who are contemplating staying at CSR, don't do it!

I am forced to stay there in 2 weeks just to confirm that it is still lousy. Don't know how I will tolerate it, but feel an obligation to the innocent people on these boards. I must seek out the truth and inform others.

Originally posted by CarrieAP
I am forced to stay there in 2 weeks just to confirm that it is still lousy. Don't know how I will tolerate it, but feel an obligation to the innocent people on these boards. I must seek out the truth and inform others.

Carrie... I'm sorry you have to endure the pain for the sake of the rest of us :laughing: so what section of the resort will you suffer thru this time?? Cabanas, Casistas, or Ranchos

Mac 3
You said you had all your requests met. Did you note this on the ressie when you made it or did you fax. Just curious....we have our request noted when we made our reservation but I was wondering if I should still fax ahead of time.

dansyr,

I made requests when I made my ressie and left it at that. I always do the Non smoking first, then I added bldgs. that I prefered to be in.

I believe I gave them 3 to choose from and ended up with 7b. Ranchos is a very nice area to be in. The themeing is fantastic.

Have a great vacation,
Lisa

Mercy,

Thanks for feeling my pain. I think I'll continue to endure the Cabanas with the hope that someday they will get rid of that intolerable view of the shimmering resort lights at night. And of course, the kids will be dragging sand into the room after frolicking on the hammocks.

Carrie

Has anyone stayed in those rooms by the lion fountain? It looks so pretty over there... I am tempted to ask when I check-in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter