Crystal Palace ?'s

aladdinsgirl

She's a rebel. She's a saint.
We're going to WDW next month (my husband, Mom, Dad, and Sister), my Mom wants to eat lunch at Crystal Palace, what is the restaurant like? I know it's a buffet and a character meal (that's why my Mom picked it :rolleyes: ), but what is the food like? We've eaten in lots of restaurants, but have never made it the CP. There's a first time for everything! TIA!

Krista

we had lunch there on 9/6 and had a great time and the food was very good. The flank steak was good and my kids loved the salmon. check www.wdwig.com for the full menu. We booked dinner there for 12/9 since we enjoyed the lunch so much. We have done the breakfast a few times as well also very good

We are also booked there for our first time for MVMCP on 12/1!! I can't imagine getting my 2 DS's to eat salmon! WOW:faint: I know I'll have much better luck with the flank steak though. Glad to hear it is good too!

THEY HAVE A CHILDS SECTION THAT HAS NUGGETS AND MAC-N-CHEESE. WE REALLY ENJOYED THE FOOD, AND WHO CAN SAY NO TO POOH?

We had lunch there last Monday (seems like ages ago after a week back to work).

The buffet has soup, a carving station, various entrees - chicken, beef, vegetarian, and sides - potatos, veggies, etc..

There is a salad bar area, cheeses, breads and more.

There is a kids bar with pizza, chicken, etc.

There is a dessert area with soft serve, cakes, cookies and more.

Definitely something for everyone. We eat there because we love the food. Couldn't care less if it was a character meal or not.

Steve

Our family has been there 2X for lunch and enjoyed it each time. As others have said the food is good and consistent. Not gourmet, but a really nice break from the heat and everyone can find something, especially ice cream!!!

When eating at the buffets we prefer the 1st seating before the buffet is picked over too much.

Make sure you are aware of where the characters are. It is a big place and if you are at the buffet when they come by your table it takes quite awhile for them to get around again.

David

Pardon my ignorance.

Do they have the character at all time?

Do they have a la carte menu instead of buffet?

TIA

Originally posted by FatCow
Pardon my ignorance.

Do they have the character at all time?

Do they have a la carte menu instead of buffet?

TIA

No apologies needed. That's why we're all here - to learn and share our experiences.

CP is always a character meal - Pooh and friends.
It is just the buffet - no menu.

Steve

how much $$ is it (how much for adult and how much for kids)? And I'm guessing that since it's a buffet, my SO and I can't share.

how much $$ is it (how much for adult and how much for kids)? And I'm guessing that since it's a buffet, my SO and I can't share.

Here are the prices for each meal - Adult/Child

B: 17/9
L: 18/10
D: 22/10

And no, you can't share at a buffet.

Steve

Thank you! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I hope I can reserve it, and not just PS.

Thank you! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I hope I can reserve it, and not just PS.

What we always do is get to MK at opening and go right to City Hall and get a PS time for lunch. I have never reserved CP in advance though I've heard that you should if you are going at a peak time like Christmas week.

Steve

To the best of your knowledge, is it better to eat at 11am or at 1pm? My guess is 11am.

"To the best of your knowledge, is it better to eat at 11am or at 1pm? My guess is 11am."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but you can make a PS for CP anytime you wish--there are no set times for the meal to begin, like the Princess breakfast in Norway or Hoop-Dee-Doo, etc. I believe lunch is served between 11:00am-3:00pm. Hope this helps!

To the best of your knowledge, is it better to eat at 11am or at 1pm? My guess is 11am.

As skfulkers said, lunch does not have set seating times. Lunch hours are actually 11:30 to 2:45, so you can get a PS anytime during those hours.

If, by your question, you meant when is it less crowded, then I would vote for the 11:30 time. Since it is an all-you-can-eat buffet, Disney can't always accurately predict how quickly tables will open up. If you have a later PS time, you may find yourself waiting a bit more to be seated. The restaurant will be crowded either way, but you are probably more likely to be seated on time if you are among the first group seated.

That said, we've never waited more than 5 minutes or so past our PS time to be seated. Disney is quite good at not overbooking most of the time.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter