Crystal Palace or Tony's?

Three cats

DIS Veteran
We currently have an adr planned for lunch at the CP but I am debating switching it to Tony's. We have been to CP before but have never been to Tony's because of all the bad reviews I see here. What do you think? 2 adults so the lack of characters is definitely not an issue.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Don't switch, I like CP but Tony's is one of the worst meals I have had on property, I actually left food (which I never do) and I left hungry. IMO it deserves the bad reviews.

I see all the bad reviews. However we tried Tonys a year ago and we enjoyed it. I thought the serving sizes were decent and the food tasted good. Would I go back...only after I try all other restaurants . Same with CP, I would only go back after I try all other restaurants.

IMO, CP and Tonys had the same food quality. Therefore it would boil down to food type and if you want to be served or if you want buffet.

As stated already...Tony's had earned those bad reviews. YUCK!
Keep CP! Food is good and it's fun!

I had an awesome meal at Tony's. I had the NY Strip Steak. It was good. My gf had the Seafood Diavolo. That was super tasty!

mike the canuck said:
I had an awesome meal at Tony's. I had the NY Strip Steak. It was good. My gf had the Seafood Diavolo. That was super tasty!

That is the same 2 meals my husband and I usually get. He really likes the seafood diavolo.

OP - If you have been to CP before, maybe you should try Tony's to see if you like it. Lots of restaurants in Disney have visitors who love it or don't. Good luck with your decision.

DH and I like Tony's a lot. We've been a handful of times and can't remember having a bad experience. I usually get the chicken parm, DH has tried the Italian sausage with pasta and the pork tenderloin. We've shared the calamari as well...very good, not rubbery, nice and tender. The desserts are yummy too, I like the tartufo (ice cream bomb) and Jimmy goes for the tiramisu.

No complaints here. If you've never tried it, I suggest checking it out.

I, too, read all the bad reviews about Tony's after I had ADR's. But I kept my ADR's and my group of 6 loved their meal. Four of us had the NY strip steak, one had the pork tenderloin and one had spaghetti! Also, I have an associate at work who always eats there, and she is a snooty person from NYC. I asked her about it before I left and she said she always eats there, outside, for the parade. We had great service and meal was served hot. No complaints, my steak was prepared the way I asked. Of course, I can find a better steak elsewhere, but I wouldn't give it the negative reviews. Would I eat there again? I had it as my back-up ADR for December in case I couldn't get in to BOG (which I was able to get in to), so I did cancel Tony's.::yes::

I don't think that the gap (if any) between Tony's and Crystal Palace is as wide as people here make it out to be. Take the characters out of the equation, and you are looking at pretty similar food quality. The one advantage that CP does have (and it pains me to ever say that a buffet has an advantage :rotfl2:) is that at CP, if you get something that you don't enjoy, you can get a do-over and select again. If you are unhappy with your meal at Tony's, you are more or less stuck.

We preferred Tony's, but I tend to think any cooked to order meal is better than a buffet. To me, CP is a typical buffet. IMHO, the more extreme negative reviews for Tony's are ridiculous. It's not nearly as bad as some people intimate. TBH, it isn't one of WDW's better restaurants. Then again, I don't think CP is either. Between the two, I would be much more likely to return to Tony's for lunch or dinner.

Had our worst meal ever at Tony's. Zucchini fries were limp and soggy. Mushroom tortellini was flavorless and swimming in grease. DH's chicken parm was soggy and also tasteless. We didn't bother with dessert, and service was also awful. I don't think we'd ever bother going back. :(

hi,

Ate at Tony's this week. Was without exception the worst meal we has all week, Not only was food rubbish but, worst of all, they sent out food as being ok for allergies only to come rushing out 2 minutes later to say that it wasn't ok after all... good job it's only an intolerance, not a true allergy...

Pick anywhere else above this place.

Sounds like we should probably stick with CP. Thank you all for the replies!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I say give it a shot and try everything once! You might like Tony's!

If I based everything off of what I read on here I would like Soarin'!:rotfl:

Definitely keep CP.

We tried Tony's twice and it was terrible both times.

We've eaten at CP for dinner once and it was decent (it's one of our favorite places for breakfast though).

For dinner at MK, we also enjoy the Plaza.

LTT is good too, but we prefer lunch to dinner, so we often do LTT for lunch and counter service for dinner in MK.

ate at tonys will never go back. food overpriced and terrible, gp to crysal istead.

Always try something new. I do my best to not eat at any restaurants I have already eaten at. I want to try as many as i can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter