Crystal Palace Food

3xmom

Earning My Ears
My 4yo is really into Pooh-so thinking this should be a meal stop. I am not a huge buffet person, so would like info on the meals. Is the food better at breakfast, lunch, or dinner? What food is served at each meal? Thanks!

We have eaten there twice enjoyed it both times everyone found something they liked even the picky eaters. Now that being said we didn't have high expecations as this was buffet eating.

here is a like to look at the menu
http://www.allears.net/menu/menus.htm#mk

We got great photo with characters and enjoyed the interaction with them both times we did lunch at about 11:30 ADRs

Hope this helps :)

I've only had breakfast there, but it was absolutely fantastic. Terrific service, the food was very fresh, great characters, even with a ton of people there the check in was quick. All the food was very good with the vegetable fritatta being excellent. Can't speak highly enough of it!!!

Plus it was really nice to be done with breakfast, then walk out into the World, ready for the day!

Food wise, breakfast had a hot bar with things like bacon, sausage, different egg dishes, an omlette station. There was also fresh fruit, pastries, a kids station with the very delicious pooh's puffed french toast. I think there were even bagles, toast, donut holes, etc.

We love CP, we go at dinner time. Have always wanted to go to brkfst too, but don't seem to plan it. I think either is fine.

We ate at CP for our Thanksgiving meals in 2004 and 2009 and all 5 of us loved it! Great food and great service! Even my 2 smallest kids, the pickiest eaters in the world, found enough options to be happy. And my oldest, who eats everything not nailed down to the floor was in heaven!!

We've only had lunch there, but everyone loved it. I have no complaints. The character interaction was a little slow to our liking, but the food was great... and I love that it is right inside MK. Many of the other good character buffets, you have to leave the park for. I like this one because it seems to take up less time and the food is better than many others... seems to be more choices to me.

We've been for both breakfast and dinner and both are very good buffets. I really like the breakfast the best, so many choices all so good hot and fresh. Make an early ADR and they'll let you in to MK before the park opens, a great photo op on an empty main street! I don't think we'll be going there this year as my kids really don't like the pooh characters, but if yours are into them, go for it, it's great!

this is my families favorite place to eat. Since going twice last yr i had to find the recipe for Pooh's french toast. I made it twice last week it was sooo yummy.
For our upcoming trip in aug we have ADRs for dinner our last day. But decided just yesterday to surprise our kids with breakfast the first day. How do I not tell them. DH wants to get there and say oh we have to get to the Crystal Palace for breakfast and see the excitement on our kids faces. :rotfl:

Kathie

We've gone to Crystal Palace for breakfast lots of times. We've been to other character breakfast buffets, like Hollywood & Vine and Tusker House. But Crystal Palace is the best food-wise from our experices thus far. We've even gone to CP just as adults without kids along!

And don't feel any shame getting food for yourself from the kid's bar - the breakfast pizza and puffed french toast are superb! (I think this is the only place to get puffed french toast, btw... though someone else chime in if there's another place that has this, with the same quality...)

Omelettes made-to-order, the raspberry coffee cake, and the breakfast lasagna (fruity) are other great items to get here too... along with the usual eggs, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles (they've got chocolate ones too), fruit, etc.

My husband does not like buffet meals but he likes this one. We always go for lunch...we try to go when they have the first serving (I figure fresh food)...Great food selection (my husband loves the salmon and I love the salad bar selection)...My son loves the edemame and chicken and pasta from the adult side. This is a character meal that's a must every Disney trip. Next trip we are going for Breakfast and lunch.

I went with 2 people who will not eat a buffet at home and both of them enjoyed CP and said they would like to go again

We're not big buffet eaters either, aside from breakfast buffets. But, we had lunch at CP a couple years ago & were very pleasantly surprised. We booked it for our Grandsons, but all the adults wound up enjoying it too. So much so that we have gone without kids. We also try & book the first seating so the food is fresh & hot.

I have done lunch and dinner, both good. But it seems a lot of people on here like the breakfast too! So I would say whatever fits best into your schedule!

We've had lunch at the CP twice and the food is fantastic. I also love the whole look and feel of the building. Enjoy! :goodvibes

We had lunch there too. The food was so good, and there was so much selection you couldn't possibly try it all. Our server was extremely nice, and the my daughter LOVED the characters. My son doesn't like the characters, he gets upset and they were really great about not approaching or touching him, just making 'sad faces' by pulling their ears down over their eyes. :)

I don't think any of the Disney buffets we went to were much like typical buffets, it was more like the entire menu of a restaurant, only all laid out for you to pick out.

The only mistake we made was that we had reservations for Chef Mickey's for dinner and I had CP reservations for lunch. I meant to cancel CP but forgot, and we were glad I hadn't because it was pouring buckets out around that time and we were thrilled to be able to wait out the train eating lunch there. But man, two disney buffets in one day is crazy, we were bursting at the seams by the end. I'll definitely make sure that doesn't happen again!

It's always our very 1st meal we have when we go to Disney. We always start out with Breakfast at CP. Something for everyone and it's bright and cheery.

We've been there twice in the last year. I didn't think the food was that great either time--just OK. (My son loved it, though, and my wife wanted to go back, too, so we went back a second time.)

It wasn't bad for buffet food, but you could tell it was buffet food.

The characters were fun, though.

pooh: DH & I always do CP for the breakfast.Pleanty of food options and all of it quite good.:thumbsup2:We did it before the park opening and got some great photos last year of Main Street & the Castle area with Christmas decorations and hardly any visitors.:yay:

We went to Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine Little Einsteins/JoJo buffets. Both of the restaurants food was great, lots to choice from, I liked the Crystal Palace selection of dinner, have not tried their breakfast. Hollywood and Vine's Character interaction is so much more involved, both of my daughter's liked that one best. Crystal Palace they just come around pose for a picture then go on. Hollywood and Vine you get to dance with them, do the conga, sing songs and the Characters take a long time at each table. That one to us was our favorite interaction restaurant.

Either one though the food is good and always fresh and replinished often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter