Cruising in Oct - Water temps okay?

parrnet

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first cruise! It's looking like the 4-day in Oct. I've heard the weather is still pretty nice this time of year. My main question is how is the water temp on CC and Naussau? I am a total wimp when it comes to swimming in cold water and I really want to be able to enjoy snorkeling and beach-going. How much different are the water temps in Oct compared to say May, Jun, Jul, or Sep? Also, is it always quite windy when you are outside on the ship since you are on the water and moving along at quite a clip? How is the air temp outside on the ship during the day and night in Oct? I understand you go to warmer climates on the 7-day cruises, but we have to be satisfied with the 4-day for starters.

Thanks in advance for sharing any of your Oct cruising experiences! My family is so excited to give this a try! We have a 7 and a 4 year old (and me) who were so pumped up after watching the DCL DVD.

We love to cruise in late Sept/early October as we have a Sept. 30 birthday.....the water temp is great.

July can be way TOOOOOO hot, the fall is beautiful. The only thing you have to remember is that it is hurricane season. That means that the ship may not go where you think it is going as the captain will not go anywhere near any bad weather cells. As long as you are flexible, you will have a totally wonderful vacation.

We have cruised 4 times in Oct, once as late as halloween and the water temps are perfect. The air temp is starting to cool down, but it takes awhile for that big body of water to loos all that heat that built up all summer.

We have cruised 2 times in October and have loved it. Had great weather and the water was warm enough for even our 1 1/2 yo to enjoy it.

I agree! We got married in Oct and cruised the first week of Oct and the water and weather was perfect! Good choice! Off season and still beautiful!

Great choice!!:sunny: :sunny: We went in late October this past year and it was WONDERful!! Weather was perfect....Believe me it was still a hot day at Castaway Cay......I can not imagine how summer would be...
We also went in early November 2002 and it also was near perfect!!! I think fall is the best time to go...:teeth:

We have our third cruise booked for October 2005 on the MAGIC!
This will be our first 7 day cruise....

You will love it!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter