Cruising in Februaryweather?

nettii

DIS Veteran
How is the weather typically in the middel of February? We are thinking of taking our first cruise over our kids winter break. any info would be great. thank you

We went from Feb28-Mar4 and it breezy alot of the time , I thought it was on the cool side low 70's high 60's . I could only go wast deep at CC but I'm a chicken .When we went everyone said this is the coldest Feb that they could remember so I'm hoping when we go next year same time it will be nice:)

Variable. We've had it be great (high 70s during the day, cool on deck at night), but we've also had it be downright cold during the day. It's the same thing you hit in Florida--it can be either way. I always bring along one warm outfit for each of us "just in case." (she says after she spent a fortune on warm clothing on one trip!)

We have gone mid-late February, early March for the past 6 years and usually it is quite nice. The temps have been mild (mid 70s-low 80s). We just went this past February and it was quite cool, but it was cool everywhere this year. We come from up near Buffalo, so even 50s feel pretty good in February!

We're going the 2nd week in Feb. and one of my biggest concerns is that it'll be too cold for the ocean/beach/pool! Granted, I'm coming from Michigan so anything above 15 degrees F will be warm but I really was hoping for a "tropical" mid-winter getaway! :)

Hit or miss. I went February 18th this year and it was in the 50s the day we got on the ship. Castaway ended up in the 80s but the water was freezing. (The captain said it was the best day they had since December). One year I went in January and it was 85 and sunny the whole time. We spend the entire day in the water at castaway. So like I said... hit or miss!

What cruise are you taking? That can make a difference. As many have mentioned this year was strange for weather and Bahamas was cooler than normal. We spent February vacation in Bahamas and it was high 80s every day and probably 60s in the evening. We left BOS and it was 28 and arrived at Nassau and it was 88. A swing of 60 degrees. I’ll take it. We have done two other cruises in January and each time was great weather. While it was cooler in PC when we left we had great weather and could swim every day onboard or at port. The Magic was an Eastern and the RCI was a western. The farther south you get the warmer it will be, so it also depends on where you are headed what type of weather you might be able to expect. We were able to swim at CC, while others may not be able to in January. We are from New England and ocean water temps “might” hit 68 degrees in August during a heat wave, so to have ocean water temps in the high 70s or low 80s is very nice for us and a welcome change. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!