Cruising after cataract surgery

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We found a good price for us, and we cannot wait to get out of dreary NJ.

However, it will be too early to swim in sea, pool will be OK with my mask, but no shore excursions in St. Martaan or Puerto Rico include a resort with pool. We enjoyed Colonial Hilton in Nassau. Does anyone know of such a resort with day passes on either of our stops?

Thank you.
Bobbi:boat:

Ok...thank you very much!

Turns out, we have stayed at that Marriott on another vacation!

Last edited:
I'm a cataract surgeon. I tell my patients no swimming for a week. The mask would not be acceptable, as I've never seen one that either didn't leak or you get water in your eyes once you take it off anyways. After that first week, I think it's ok to do what you want short of bungee jumping and full contact sports.

I also don't recommend traveling that first week after surgery just because the vast majority of bad complications happen in that first week. After our one week check up, if everything is still good, I'm comfortable with my patients traveling, including cruises.

My 2 cents.

I'm a cataract surgeon. I tell my patients no swimming for a week. The mask would not be acceptable, as I've never seen one that either didn't leak or you get water in your eyes once you take it off anyways. After that first week, I think it's ok to do what you want short of bungee jumping and full contact sports.

I also don't recommend traveling that first week after surgery just because the vast majority of bad complications happen in that first week. After our one week check up, if everything is still good, I'm comfortable with my patients traveling, including cruises.

My 2 cents.
I’ll be past 2 weeks when boarding the cruise. Thank you for joining the conversation. My surgeon sees after 1 day, then after 3-4 weeks.

Two weeks should be fine. I might consider goggles for the main pool just as protection from flailing children.

Enjoy your cruise!

Booked the Marriott in San Juan. Thanks for that link, erionm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter