Cruisers currently on the Dream! Xmas decorations?

cla517

Earning My Ears
We are leaving on a 4 day on the Dream on Sunday. Was wondering if the Xmas decorations will be up? Thanks!

We are leaving on a 4 day on the Dream on Sunday. Was wondering if the Xmas decorations will be up? Thanks!

Last year they were up on the Nov 18th cruise (were put up the night before as told to us by the crew). Not sure about this year.

MJ

Friends just got off Dream yesterday and said decorations were not up. We called and DCL said they put them up on 17 Nov. We are sailing on Fantasy on 10 Nov and we were hoping decorations would be up. They may be up when we dock on 17 Nov.

joyjanet said:
Friends just got off Dream yesterday and said decorations were not up. We called and DCL said they put them up on 17 Nov. We are sailing on Fantasy on 10 Nov and we were hoping decorations would be up. They may be up when we dock on 17 Nov.

We have sailed the Nov 10thish week cruise before and they spend the cruise putting up the decorations because they have to be up and ready to go completely by the Nov 17th cruise because it is over Thanksgiving week. When we sailed a couple of years ago the port was partially decorated they had one big tree up and a few signs. On the ship the big main tree was up and throughout the week they worked on some of the rest of the decorations. The large gingerbread house wasn't built till the last day we were on the ship. There was nothing on CC while we were on the ship.

Hope you at least get to see the big tree!!!!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards

We cruised on the Dream Nov 10th last year (Th-Sun) and the Christmas decorations were partially up...gingerbread house partially completed. There were wreaths and decorated Christmas trees everywhere...big tree in the atrium and garland along the grand staircase. The bars and nightclubs were decorated as well as the kids clubs. It was wonderful to watch the crew see all of the decorations for the first time. Many of them sleep during boarding so when they woke up there were decorations where there were none a few hours before. The terminal was not decorated when we boarded but there were decorations when we disembarked. I imagine we witnessed only the beginning of the decorating and that within a week everything is complete. But is was beautiful nonetheless. :)

We are on the November 10th sailing of the Magic and I am really hoping that I get to see at least some Christmas decorations.

Corinna

Ok...just checked my cruise from last November and I was wrong on the date. We sailed on November 13th, not November 18th and the decorations were up.

But, as mentioned in an earlier posts DCL decorations won't be up until the 17th.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter