Cruise Travel Insurance - Medical

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Specifically for a one time trip Cruise in te ebahamas - What travel insurance did you find as the best value and coverage? Looking for medical mostly, including minor sickness issues on board.
TIA

Specifically for a one time trip Cruise in te ebahamas - What travel insurance did you find as the best value and coverage? Looking for medical mostly, including minor sickness issues on board.
TIA
"Best Value and coverage" is going to vary based on the individual doing the buying. We (I) go to https://www.insuremytrip.com/ and start looking at policies. I would NOT book from the cruise company. By going to a 3rd party, coverage can start when you leave your home and not end until you get back home. This is important if you travel down in the days before your cruise or home in the days ofter.

Not all of them offer a "cancel for any reason". Those that do will charge more for it. That may or may not be important to you. Many of them will offer a cancellation for a job loss, death or serious injury in the family (even those not going on the trip), illness outbreak, etc. The amount they cover will vary also.

You'll need to look at what's important to you.

We also use Allianz, but because coverage for the kids is free. We have been using them for almost a decade now, and if you buy within two weeks of paying the trip deposit, pre-existing medical conditions are also covered which I like because while my kid only has food allergies, whether or not it's a pre-existing medical condition can depend sometimes on when he last saw his allergist and we want coverage for medical evacuation if necessary. I also pay for the trip with my best credit card for travel that includes trip insurance as well.

What travel insurance did you find as the best value and coverage?
The best travel insurance depends on individual factors such as the type of trip, destination, and personal needs and budget.

Some factors to consider when evaluating travel insurance options include:

• Coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellations, trip interruptions, and emergency evacuations
  • The exclusions, limitations, and conditions of the policy
  • The cost of the premium
  • The financial stability and reputation of the insurance company
  • The claims process and customer support
There are several reputable travel insurance providers that offer comprehensive coverage at affordable prices. Some popular options include:

• Allianz Travel Insurance
  • World Nomads
  • Travel Guard
  • RoamRight
  • InsureMyTrip
It's recommended to compare different travel insurance options and carefully read the policy details to understand what is covered and what is excluded. Choose the option that provides the most comprehensive coverage for your needs and budget.

The best travel insurance depends on individual factors such as the type of trip, destination, and personal needs and budget.

Some factors to consider when evaluating travel insurance options include:

• Coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellations, trip interruptions, and emergency evacuations
  • The exclusions, limitations, and conditions of the policy
  • The cost of the premium
  • The financial stability and reputation of the insurance company
  • The claims process and customer support
There are several reputable travel insurance providers that offer comprehensive coverage at affordable prices. Some popular options include:

• Allianz Travel Insurance
  • World Nomads
  • Travel Guard
  • RoamRight
It's recommended to compare different travel insurance options and carefully read the policy details to understand what is covered and what is excluded. Choose the option that provides the most comprehensive coverage for your needs and budget.
Thank you for this useful information

We are going on a Mediterranean cruise this summer and called our health insurance. We found out they only cover emergencies but gave us the name of an insurance they deal with for overseas. We called there to get Info and signed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter