Cruise Meet - FANTASY 8/1/15 - Let the planning begin!

We are currently at 19 staterooms. I will send everyone the final updated copy of the chart on July 5.

The following members will be included:

Ness2289 (DD16)
dclmaniacs (DH, DGD14, DGS11)
Mcnettclan (DH, DS12, DD10): (Parents request gifts for kids only)
Mcnettclan (MIL, FIL)
Take-the-cards (DH, DD17, DD14, DD11)
Wendalli (DD19)
luvtotraveldcl (DD18)
bmikeal (DH, DD9, DS7)
flyer06 (DH, DGD8) (flyer06, let me know if I need to switch the grands' rooms.)
flyer06 (DD, DSIL, DGD10)
NaredoFam (DH, DS12, DD12, DD4)
shezdsny (DH, DD12)
gym_mom (DD16, DD11)
gym_mom (DH, DS17, DD11)
gym_mom (DG, DD13)
cwdevers (DH)
cwdevers (DS10, DD8, DD5)
Dolores King (DMIL, DS12)
SheilaO (DH, DM, DSis, DS12, DS11)

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE
We will keep it fun and simple. There won't be a theme or assigned delivery days to deal with. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin. The closer the date of the cruise, the more participants we'll begin to see. The number can grow pretty quickly. So, I would like to know upfront how many cabins you are comfortable exchanging with so I can coordinate the groups accordingly. I'd like to know your comfort level ahead of time. It will make setting up the exchange groups much easier, and you will have a more positive experience.

To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be SATURDAY, JULY 4, 2015. By Monday, July 6, I will send Private Messages to all participants with all the details of your FE group. This will give everyone a month before the cruise to prepare.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a "Private Message" with the following information:
*Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group: At this point, it looks like we will be at less than 20. If we add more than one additional stateroom, I'll announce it on the thread. (Currently 19 as of 6-29-15)

If you are new to the DIS Boards:
(FYI: You will need to make ten posts before you can send a Private Message)
*Easiest way to send a “Private Message”:
-Click the recipient's name (in blue font) in the little box on the left side of one of their posts
-Click on “Start a Conversation” (in white font)
-Enter a “Conversation Title”
-Under the row of icons, type your message
-Click “Start a Conversation” under your message to send it

I know it is really late but would it be possible to join? I just came across this and I think my kids would love it.

We are currently at 19 staterooms. I will send everyone the final updated copy of the chart on July 5.

The following members will be included:

Ness2289 (DD16)
dclmaniacs (DH, DGD14, DGS11)
Mcnettclan (DH, DS12, DD10): (Parents request gifts for kids only)
Mcnettclan (MIL, FIL)
Take-the-cards (DH, DD17, DD14, DD11)
Wendalli (DD19)
luvtotraveldcl (DD18)
bmikeal (DH, DD9, DS7)
flyer06 (DH, DGD8) (flyer06, let me know if I need to switch the grands' rooms.)
flyer06 (DD, DSIL, DGD10)
NaredoFam (DH, DS12, DD12, DD4)
shezdsny (DH, DD12)
gym_mom (DD16, DD11)
gym_mom (DH, DS17, DD11)
gym_mom (DG, DD13)
cwdevers (DH)
cwdevers (DS10, DD8, DD5)
Dolores King (DMIL, DS12)
SheilaO (DH, DM, DSis, DS12, DS11)

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE
We will keep it fun and simple. There won't be a theme or assigned delivery days to deal with. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin. The closer the date of the cruise, the more participants we'll begin to see. The number can grow pretty quickly. So, I would like to know upfront how many cabins you are comfortable exchanging with so I can coordinate the groups accordingly. I'd like to know your comfort level ahead of time. It will make setting up the exchange groups much easier, and you will have a more positive experience.

To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be SATURDAY, JULY 4, 2015. By Monday, July 6, I will send Private Messages to all participants with all the details of your FE group. This will give everyone a month before the cruise to prepare.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a "Private Message" with the following information:
*Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group: At this point, it looks like we will be at less than 20. If we add more than one additional stateroom, I'll announce it on the thread. (Currently 19 as of 6-29-15)

If you are new to the DIS Boards:
(FYI: You will need to make ten posts before you can send a Private Message)
*Easiest way to send a “Private Message”:
-Click the recipient's name (in blue font) in the little box on the left side of one of their posts
-Click on “Start a Conversation” (in white font)
-Enter a “Conversation Title”
-Under the row of icons, type your message
-Click “Start a Conversation” under your message to send it

Hi, Wheezyprek!! The fish extender group was officially closed on July 4. I have asked the current group who would be willing to take on an additional stateroom. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I can. In the meantime, please make 10 posts so we are able to private message each other.

Thank you so much. My parents surprised us with this trip and I want it to be as "magical" as ever. I appreciate reaching out to the group.

The countdown has begun at our house. Only 16 more wake ups until we set sail!!!

Odd, I thought I had posted this last night. At any rate...

We are joining you on the Fantasy on the 8/1 sailing. We are first time cruisers. I am especially looking to connect with anyone else with a 14 year old boy in their group. DS13 (will be 14 in January) is unconvinced that he will have fun. Would love to be able to prep him with info on others who are sailing with us.

In our group is me, DH, DD18 and DS14.

I am brand new to this! So I apologize if I am posting wrong:guilty: I am very low tech and pretty much surf the internet and check email.

My family is getting very excited about the trip! Our 3 year old DD is talking about the "Mickey Boat" and asks each day if it is time to go. We can't wait to see her face when she sees Mickey for the first time.

Our DS 9 and 7 can't wait to ride the slide. I think it will be our first stop.

Our family arrives on Friday and will be staying at the Hampton Inn on the beach. We are able to leave our van there while we are on the boat.

We are from Huntington Beach,Ca and will come couple of days early.Is anyone else coming early and staying at one of the hotel around the port?

Has anyone participated in the 5K on Castaway Cay? What time does it start?
It's pretty much as soon as you can get off the ship. They try to do it first thing in the morning before it heats up too much and leave the rest of your day wide open to enjoy the island! You should sign up ASAP on the ship (I think where you sign up for shore excursions).

I am brand new to this! So I apologize if I am posting wrong:guilty: I am very low tech and pretty much surf the internet and check email.

My family is getting very excited about the trip! Our 3 year old DD is talking about the "Mickey Boat" and asks each day if it is time to go. We can't wait to see her face when she sees Mickey for the first time.

Our DS 9 and 7 can't wait to ride the slide. I think it will be our first stop.
The Aqua Duck is awesome! My kids LOVE it and both of them are finally tall enough to ride alone!

I am so behind on everything! One of these days I swear that I will be on top of things:) Anyway, is it too late to join the fish extender program? We have an "interesting" (sounds better than funny looking!) handmade one.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, there is plenty of time to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, and it looks like someone intends to start the FE right in this thread.

All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

I would like to join the Fish extender group. We have 5 in our family, 3 children ages 7, 4 and 4. We will be in room 10124. I am a first timer so please let me know what to do next, thanks

Hi, Wheezyprek!! The fish extender group was officially closed on July 4. I have asked the current group who would be willing to take on an additional stateroom. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I can. In the meantime, please make 10 posts so we are able to private message each other.
I just found out about the fish extenders. I see that you closed the group on July 4th. Is is possible to still join?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter