Cruise in Three Weeks, Will Internet/Excursion/Drinks Pack Go Down in Price?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by Princess Katelet, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Princess Katelet

Princess Katelet Mouseketeer

Hello, I failed to book my internet package last week when it was 20 or 30% off and 21.99 for a three device surf package. Today it's only a little over 10% off and $24.99. Is it likely to fluctuate or will the discount keep getting worse and worse? Should I book now or wait and see if it goes cheaper again??

I've never cruised before and know nothing about buying this stuff beforehand. Also when I first went to Cruise Planner where you read about these options and purchase them, something popped up saying I had $75 onboard credit but I didn't purchase anything and haven't seen that pop up again. Did I lose it?

2. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

Chances are it won’t go down to 30% again. Rule of thumb is that you can book and cancel anything up to 3 days (or less) before cruising, so I’d book your stuff now and if you see a better deal book that then cancel the previous purchase.

WRT on-board credit I don’t think you’ve lost it. When you purchase again you should see the available credit appear at checkout.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

At this point I wouldn't expect the price to go down any further.

Searc and starvenger like this.
  5. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

I would book it now. Like others have said if it does drop again you can cancel and rebook. I'm also sailing in 3 weeks and just purchased internet a few days ago. It was $24.99 for 3 devices, now it's up to $28.99. I've been checking for awhile and the price has been going up and down every other week or so.

6. Princess Katelet

Princess Katelet Mouseketeer

MSJPrincess, which did you buy? The surf plus streaming? Or just the surf?

7. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

Surf plus streaming. I was originally only doing surf but the difference in price was only $4 a day so I went with stream.

I'm on Allure 11/11. RCCL no longer has set prices it varies by ship and sailing, which is extremely annoying