Cruise in Feb or in June 2011 - 4 night Dream?

higdonk

Mouseketeer
I was all set to put book for Prez week Sun-Thurs 2011 on the Dream and then worried about the weather. I would be super disappointed to book and then have mediocre weather. It would be me, dh and dd7 and dd5. So four of us flying from MI (about $1000), plus a cat 9A room is about $3000, plus tack on an additional $1000 for extra expenses (ie tips, drinks by the pool, excursions, whatever - this may be high, not sure, we have never cruised). I would be really bummed to spend that kind of money and not be able to get to CC, swim in the ocean, swim in the pools etc. To me 72 isn't warm enough. Yes it would be significantly warmer than Feb in Michigan. But not sure CC and the boat would be warm enough for all the water activities, which is a huge must for us. What is everyone's experience??

I have read some trip reports, but haven't found too many specifics about the weather. The other option is to wait until the kids are out of school and go in early to mid June. Would it be unbearably hot on the deck swimming etc?? Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Kate

We've done at least 7 or 8 Feb. cruises (DCL + another) because it hits a birthday and a week off school. The best I can say is that it can be spotty. 2 of our cruises were too cold to swim; one of these was downright COLD! The others, including 2009, were totally beautiful, warm, sunny, etc.

Summer is too hot for me--I've done late May and July....much prefer earlier or later. Fall is lovely. Yes, it's hurricane season but that doesn't bother me. The weather is typically warm but not humid or nasty hot.

I would definitely do June if you want it to be hot. I would be very disappointed if it was a cold week. We were going to book Dream for June 2011 but found it was less money over my daughter's spring break (April 2011).

Hmmm Feb sounds pretty iffy. I don't need it to be super hot, just reliably 80-84 at least and swimable. Anyone else have opinions on Feb or June??? How hot is June???

Thanks

Kate

I just booked for the Dream on Feb. 27, 2011....I am also from Michigan and anything out of the snow is an improvement!

I would suggest not traveling in December or most of January since those are typically not the warmest times (in my past experiences). If you book in early to late Feb. (hit or miss) you can take advantage of the prices being considerable lower than booking during Spring Break. I don't know about traveling in June. It seems like it would be too hot for me at that time frame and I don't know about tropical/rainy seasons.

Trying to decide when to go on vacation is often more stressful than anything else!

Never cruised before, or traveled south of Panama City. I don't have experience, but we were torn between a Dream 2011 christmas cruise or June. We went with a double dip in June just for the simple fact of being able to lounge on the beach and play in the ocean at CC. We couldn't imagine going on our first cruise to the bahamas and not having that experience. (now I'll just cross my fingers that the hurricanes stay away!!)

I'm not big on very HOT weather either. We did WDW in July last year and it was heat like nothing I've ever experienced, and it does get pretty hot and humid here in NW Arkansas. But, we were also in the parks all day doing the marathon vacation. The thought of being able to just walk back on board to a nice cool stateroom makes the heat seem like not such a big deal.

That was our reasoning...not right for everyone but will work for us! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter