Cruise Director Andy

Wachsdds

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anybody has seen or heard news of Andy the cruise director from Australia. He has been with us on five cruises from entertainment to assistant cruise director to cruise director. I saw some old posts from a year ago talking about a dismissal. That would be hard to believe because he stood out as exceptional in his duties. Let me here any news!pirate:

Andy was our first cruise director and we absolutely loved him. Silverseas Cruises went after him recently so he is now employed by them. Sad losing such a good cruise director.

I was wondering if anybody has seen or heard news of Andy the cruise director from Australia. He has been with us on five cruises from entertainment to assistant cruise director to cruise director. I saw some old posts from a year ago talking about a dismissal. That would be hard to believe because he stood out as exceptional in his duties. Let me here any news!pirate:
He left in the middle of our cruise last September.

We, too, have seen him go from the entertainment staff to assistant CD to CD. We were extremely disappointed to learn he's working for Silversea now. He was our favorite CM.

He was not dismissed by DCL. He got lured away.

We're hoping he someday returns to DCL. Maybe when the new ships arrive.

Kaz is gone, too.

Andy was wonderful. We will miss him.

Woody

Andy was great! He was very visible and would hang out in the kids clubs with the kids. I appreciated how he used to greet people following the shows in the Walt Disney Theatre.

Here's to you Andy! :thumbsup2

Ciao for now...

Andy was great! He was very visible and would hang out in the kids clubs with the kids. I appreciated how he used to greet people following the shows in the Walt Disney Theater.

Ciao for now...

Agree he and Rachel were/are very very good, I like their style and hands on approach. I had Brent on my last cruise felt he was more 'managerial' in his approach.

Agree he and Rachel were/are very very good, I like their style and hands on approach. I had Brent on my last cruise felt he was more 'managerial' in his approach.

Funny how different the experience can be with the same CD. We loved Andy (Ciao for now!) but had Rachel on our last cruise and she showed up at events looking bored, couldn't be bothered to chat with kids and adults alike and truly looked like she wanted to be anywhere but on the ship. Hoping for someone other than Rachel on our upcoming cruise.

Funny how different the experience can be with the same CD. We loved Andy (Ciao for now!) but had Rachel on our last cruise and she showed up at events looking bored, couldn't be bothered to chat with kids and adults alike and truly looked like she wanted to be anywhere but on the ship. Hoping for someone other than Rachel on our upcoming cruise.

I agree that it is funny how different experiences can be with the same CD. We were fortunate to cruise a second time with Rachel last summer. We found her to be very approachable and extremely friendly. She sent gifts to our stateroom for our DDs and invited them to a private character meet. We still haven't figured out how she knew what room we were staying in since she never asked us. We are hoping for her to be on our Mexican Riviera cruise. She made our experience extra magical.

yes andy was very good. i only been on 2 dcl cruises one with andy and one with rachael. the one with andy was only a 7 night but you always seen him around.the the 14 night was with rachael i seen more of andy on that 7 night than 14 nights with rachael. with andy you hardly knew who were the assistant cruise director was because he did most of the work. with rachael you seen more of the assistant cruise director was, clayton than you did of her. i hope clayton gets promoted soon at least when the new ships come in.
clayton did a very great job.

you said it exactly.

I agree that it is funny how different experiences can be with the same CD. We were fortunate to cruise a second time with Rachel last summer. We found her to be very approachable and extremely friendly. She sent gifts to our stateroom for our DDs and invited them to a private character meet. We still haven't figured out how she knew what room we were staying in since she never asked us. We are hoping for her to be on our Mexican Riviera cruise. She made our experience extra magical.

yes andy was very good. i only been on 2 dcl cruises one with andy and one with rachael. the one with andy was only a 7 night but you always seen him around.the the 14 night was with rachael i seen more of andy on that 7 night than 14 nights with rachael. with andy you hardly knew who were the assistant cruise director was because he did most of the work. with rachael you seen more of the assistant cruise director was, clayton than you did of her. i hope clayton gets promoted soon at least when the new ships come in.
clayton did a very great job.

you said it exactly.

I do agree its 'personal 'to your own experience, on the E/bound repo thread, Rachel has also send private gifts to cruisers. I have had four CD's so far, I cannot remember the name of the first one, Rachel and Andy were both great, I personally felt a little let down by Brent, but some people say he is the best!

Andy was great! He was very visible and would hang out in the kids clubs with the kids. I appreciated how he used to greet people following the shows in the Walt Disney Theatre.

Ciao for now...

I don't know where Andy gets his energy from. There are some great youtube videos of him at the sailaway party from last summer.

I've heard from the CMs that he has a big heart.

I think he is missed by DCL. I got a letter from DCL dated from January 2007 and the letter gushes about Andy, too.

I always thought he looked best in the officers uniform because he is so tall.

By strange coincidence we get mailings from Silversea now. Last month we got a brochure for the world cruise. 110 days for "just" $62,400.

I know he was doing the south Pacific/New Zealand cruise in the winter. Not sure which ship he is on now.

Here's hoping we hear "ciao for now" again sometime on DCL.

Best of luck to you Andy, you are greatly missed!!!!

Did you have a lanyard with your KTTW card in it? CM's are taught to try and read your cards when they can for surprises like that.

I happen to know some cruisers who did a a cruise on the Magic, then a cruise on the Wonder and Received a message on there stateroom phone, on the Wonder from Rachel!
Wishing them a great Trip! :)

I do agree its 'personal 'to your own experience, on the E/bound repo thread, Rachel has also send private gifts to cruisers. I have had four CD's so far, I cannot remember the name of the first one, Rachel and Andy were both great, I personally felt a little let down by Brent, but some people say he is the best!

I wonder if Brent will be around for our next cruise....he may have to answer to his wife, and take on a normal job..:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!