Cruise Booked Before Placeholder?

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
So, I know the process if we get a placeholder OBB and how to get it applied to a new cruise booking, BUT can you book a cruise first and THEN get the OBB applied to an existing reservation, at a later date?

Can you get the same room?
Yes, you usually can. But there is the small chance that as the room is released that another agent could pick it up for a client. I have never had a problem with getting the same room when I re-book using OBB. I find that re-booking with OBB is cheaper at the prevailing rates then when I booked it on opening date. But keep in mind, this is not always the case and you will get occasions where the OBB at prevailing rates will cost more than your original booking due to the rate increases.

I think the only addition I have (which likely isn’t the scenario asked about) is that if you used an OBB for a cruise that is cancelled by Disney, they can apply that OBB benefit to an already booked cruise (without adjusting for prevailing rates).

We had our Feb 2021 cruise cancelled by Disney, and they applied the OBB I used to my upcoming Oct 2021 cruise (which I had already booked). No change in original booking numbers.

That being said, I have a strong suspicion that my Oct 1 sailing in the Wonder won’t sail. If Disney cancels it, I don’t know if the policy of applying the OBB forward is still in effect. I hope it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter