Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No of course I don’t want their vacation cancelled. I want everyone to have a wonderful time.
Disney should refund the difference for what I paid for my room and what they are paying for their room. Doesn’t that seem fair for everyone?
Or I’ll take an upgrade too so they make room for all the other ppl they need to upgrade from values & moderate resorts.

You might get the deluxe resort..........and the person directly next to you also gets the deluxe resort but they paid for all star music! talk about an upgrade sorry the all star music is closed due to the virus, we are placing you in the Grand Floridian instead
Isn't that how the opaque bidding sites work too? I've seen deluxes and higher end boutique hotels in the $200s-$300 range on Priceline and Hotwire.

Nobody booked hotels before March 13th (when they announced) expecting upgrades. This is a byproduct of them reopening. Most of us are just glad they are reopening. I'd be perfectly fine to stay where I booked--in fact some of the DVC properties (OKW, SSR, AKL come to mind) would be a downgrade for me because I booked a Skyliner property.

No of course I don’t want their vacation cancelled. I want everyone to have a wonderful time.
Disney should refund the difference for what I paid for my room and what they are paying for their room. Doesn’t that seem fair for everyone?

now this! This is logic I can get behind best of both worlds

I might be the only one ticked off if I get moved from my value to a deluxe. :upsidedow
I really love Pop!

We are using dvc points 7/22-7/25 at BCV and then at ASMo from 7/25-7/29. We really, really love ASMo!!! We also love Pop but it seems unlikely we will be moved there. In terms of deluxe, yeah, it really depends lol! We really love our ASMo since the refurb :D

Very true. I'm expecting to be in Pop which is what I booked (if I go). I just think they are going to want to open the skyliner resorts So at least one of Pop/AoA and CBR I expect to be open.

We are booked at ASMo and I am fully expecting we will be moved to Pop. It is on the Skyliner so that makes sense. I'm very happy! It was about $20 more per night (x2 rooms for us) so a modest but nice upgrade. I'll take it. We love both resorts!

They close SAB and we will cancel. We can except a lot of changes but not our pool in August. That’s a dealbreaker for us.
Same for us. We would cancel our BCV trip if SAB isn't open. I'm willing to talk my kids into no character M&G's. no fireworks, no parades, no FP, no ADR's, wearing face masks, etc...but you better have the main pool open for us...If not, we are so gone.

Isn't that how the opaque bidding sites work too? I've seen deluxes and higher end boutique hotels in the $200s-$300 range on Priceline and Hotwire.

Yep, we have done the opaque bidding several times on PL and HW and got BC. Our walk-out price was always less than $250 per room. We'd be hanging out with people in the hot tub discussing price and most would have paid $400+ per room...and they seemed very happy with that...Did I divulge our price? Nope. I just kept my mouth shut.

Just came across this in another thread...which was posted before I heard my info!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-change-by-disney.3802935/post-61937830
Are you referring to this post? “ I have had two friends that have had resort changes that were initiated by Disney. ”?

If so, I’m afraid you may be misunderstanding the post. I believe they are talking about past reservations, not this current one. Yes, in the past, when you’re walked it usually resulted in an upgrade. This may or may not be the case fin this instance. If it’s another post, my apologies.

I’ve had some amazing upgrades a couple of times, but that does not mean it’s happening this time. They may well upgrade, but following past practices, you’ll be upgraded according to the level of your current reservation. In other words, the less expensive your current ressie, the less expensive your upgrade will be. All stars to OKW or SS for example. If you’ve got 5 or fewer, you may get a studio and a lot of people won’t like those at all. I just think setting yourself up for the expectation that you’ll end up with a 2 br Villa when you’re staying at an All Star is unrealistic.

Upgrades can be great but they can also be not so great. If they do this, these boards will be a train wreck. Some people will win the brass ring, some won’t and those who paid rack rate will be ticked as well. Oh my....

Last edited:
I’m not talking about not allowing new reservations. I’m talking about getting those with existing reservations to self cancel so they don’t have to do it. There’s a good argument to be made that allowing reservations for months while they were closed is a problem now.
Oh, I definitely think they're doing things to make us cancel. I certainly did due to it all.

In my opinion, closing resorts and moving everyone to DVC goes against the distancing idea. With parks closing early, it seems like this would create an overcrowding problem especially at resort restaurants and pools. I can see angry people asking what they are supposed to do for food and entertainment when the lowered capacity resort restaurants and pools are full.

In my opinion, closing resorts and moving everyone to DVC goes against the distancing idea. With parks closing early, it seems like this would create an overcrowding problem especially at resort restaurants and pools. I can see angry people asking what they are supposed to do for food and entertainment when the lowered capacity resort restaurants and pools are full.
I agree. And not just DVC. Even the speculation that AllStar reservations may be moved to Pop. That will just slam that Pop food court. And isn’t the Hippy Dippy pool still under Refurbishment? Everyone into the other two pools kids! Lol.

Everyone, just remember, there won't be enough CM to open everything.
You will not get an answer on anything until the cm have been called back, reshuffled, retrained . That won't happen until at least mid June
BTW happy 23rd anniversary DIS!! Remember dis Unplugged show is today rather than tomorrow to mark the occasion

That was not included as part of where people may get switched. It is open though..

I haven’t stayed there since mid 90s though...been DVC since 2009..and before that, almost always Contemporary.
I didn't know if you were asking if they would be open, or about the quality. I stayed there in February after not staying there for several years. When I had last stayed they still had the murphy bed in the living room that was quite comfortable. That space is now occupied by a large screen tv, and the bed is a VERY uncomfortable sleeper sofa. Everything else is still fine.

Everyone, just remember, there won't be enough CM to open everything.
You will not get an answer on anything until the cm have been called back, reshuffled, retrained . That won't happen until at least mid June
BTW happy 23rd anniversary DIS!! Remember dis Unplugged show is today rather than tomorrow to mark the occasion
I totally get why it may be done, but it does seem like the ability to social distance at full resorts may be a problem.

I totally get why it may be done, but it does seem like the ability to social distance at full resorts may be a problem.
We don't know how full those resorts will be. I think posters on DIS way overestimated demand. Guests with economic issues. Time off. Health concerns. Travel restrictions.

We don't know if social distancing guidelines might be reduced in 6 weeks.
Disney could do things like expand grab n go and in room dining.

We don't know how full those resorts will be. I think posters on DIS way overestimated demand. Guests with economic issues. Time off. Health concerns. Travel restrictions.

We don't know if social distancing guidelines might be reduced in 6 weeks.
Disney could do things like expand grab n go and in room dining.
For sure. And we don’t know how many resorts will close. Just speculating.
It’s anybody’s guess at this point.

With Universal promising park entrance for anyone staying on property, does that put pressure on Disney to do the same thing? I would think that anyone that has bought tickets for the park previously should be able to get in. Will Disney honor every ticket sold the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter