Cruise America anyone?

PookaJean

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used Cruise America to rent an rv? I was wondering what you thought of the rv. Was it clean and in good condition? We have ressies for Nov and have never rented before so am a little nervous. We got a great rate on the rv and AP discount on site so I hope they are nice.

Has anyone used Cruise America to rent an rv? I was wondering what you thought of the rv. Was it clean and in good condition? We have ressies for Nov and have never rented before so am a little nervous. We got a great rate on the rv and AP discount on site so I hope they are nice.

There's a service that a lot of people on the board have used. A couple local to Disney rents out their RV and will bring it to the site and hook it up and everything. I don't remember what it is called, but everyone seems happy with it. I'm sure someone will post the info. Maybe you should compare the rates and perks of each service and see which you want to do?

There's a service that a lot of people on the board have used. A couple local to Disney rents out their RV and will bring it to the site and hook it up and everything. I don't remember what it is called, but everyone seems happy with it. I'm sure someone will post the info. Maybe you should compare the rates and perks of each service and see which you want to do?

It's www.campatthefort.com. Her name is Tina and her service has been really good to the dis'ers who've used her camper.

I know about Tina's rv and it looks fantastic, but it is not available for our dates and with the price I got from Cruise America it is twice the price.

We have rented from Cruise America several times over the years and always had a good experience. The RV's were always clean and everything was fully functional (generator, fridge, A/C etc..).

I know about Tina's rv and it looks fantastic, but it is not available for our dates and with the price I got from Cruise America it is twice the price.

CA must really be hurting. I have always heard they're expensive and the fees for this and that are outrageous. With this economy though it wouldn't surprise me to seeing them lower prices just to rent one.

We rented from Cruise America last November for 6 nights after Thanksgiving. We got a great deal @ $50 a night. There were a few extra charges for propane and such. We rented a travel trailer and it was clean and well maintained, everything was working properly. When we returned the TT, the lady in the office even told us to call her directly if we wanted to rent again. She could offer us a better deal because she would know exactly what she had in inventory.

I have asked a handful of people who had rented from CA and every one of them was happy with the experience. I always wondered how much instruction CA gave to people who had never used an RV before. Those I met were experienced RVers testing the waters self-propelled camping. The units are apparently well maintained.

Sounds like you got an excellent price. Enjoy!

Joe

We rented from Cruise America last November for 6 nights after Thanksgiving. We got a great deal @ $50 a night. There were a few extra charges for propane and such. We rented a travel trailer and it was clean and well maintained, everything was working properly. When we returned the TT, the lady in the office even told us to call her directly if we wanted to rent again. She could offer us a better deal because she would know exactly what she had in inventory.

Was this in Orlando? I got a quote from Cruise America for a TT this coming April. Who would you call direct? I am not sure how Cruise America works. Do they rent out RV's, etc for other vendors? Would you be cutting out the middle man if you called the person directly?

For those that have used Cruise America, did you get your full deposit back? I wondered how often it was that they didn't give the full deposit back. I obviously don't plan on doing anything that would cause me to lose a deposit, but was curious to know that if you had lost part of your deposit, what did you lose it for? Thanks.

We've rented twice - this year and last, 29'. Last time was the first time we had ever even been in an RV. We had reviewed their videos online, but there wasn't particularly much instruction given to us when we picked it up. The units have been in very good shape - super cold A/C, colder than our house, and that was for July in Florida. No problems with fridge, plumbing, etc. Both of the units were well-used, and while I wouldn't say they were dirty, they could have used a better cleaning. Bringing all our own linens and supplies made it okay. We have always gotten our deposit back completely.

We never used propane or the generator, and it has costed us $100/day. Miles are pretty expensive, so we didn't go far - just the Fort and relatively near state parks.

We love it - it is a great way to see Florida, and Ft. Wilderness is, by far, IMO the best resort in Disney. I would love to try one of the Fort RV rentals, but we like to do a couple of days at state parks as part of the vacation.

It seems like a great idea to call the rental place directly. I've always called the 1-800 number, but next time I will call the dealer directly and see if they can do a better price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter