• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT with One Extra

Libmaster

Millennial Mouseketeer
Saw the thread below, and I figured if there might be answer for the OPPOSITE problem lol

I'm in a conundrum - I booked a late CRT dinner reservation for two because my bf requested it (and we're celebrating our anniversary/moving), but we later invited one of our dearest friends to join us on our trip because they just moved closer to us and just graduated college. However, I made the ADR before our friend gave us a clear answer on whether or not they were going with us, so it's currently for 2 guests instead of 3. It's their first trip, so I'd love to take them (and someone suggested my partner and I eat in the castle and leave our friend behind - not happening). I currently can't modify it to three people and have been checking, calling, and setting alerts everyday to try and find another one, but I would love to keep it after 8:00 PM so we can experience an empty park! Has anyone had an experience with adding someone last minute?

If push comes to shove, would we be able to go up to CRT at rope drop to try to add our friend to our reservation at the podium or on MDE?

TIA!

Having a date night is ok, your friend might actually enjoy some solo time too. It is worth the conversation at least.

someone suggested my partner and I eat in the castle and leave our friend behind - not happening).

Then I would suggest cancelling the adr if you can’t find one for 3 ahead of time. CRT is one of the most popular restaurants at WDW & is sold out for every meal. And it’s a prepaid meal. What if you arrive & they won’t let you add your friend? If you stick with “it’s not happening” to go without them, you will forfeit you payment. We ate dinner at CRT in April. While we were waiting for our table, we did hear a man upset with the hostess because they couldn’t add someone. They can’t accommodate everyone who wants to add “just 1 more”.

Then I would suggest cancelling the adr if you can’t find one for 3 ahead of time. CRT is one of the most popular restaurants at WDW & is sold out for every meal. And it’s a prepaid meal. What if you arrive & they won’t let you add your friend? If you stick with “it’s not happening” to go without them, you will forfeit you payment. We ate dinner at CRT in April. While we were waiting for our table, we did hear a man upset with the hostess because they couldn’t add someone. They can’t accommodate everyone who wants to add “just 1 more”.

Ok, so I had no intention of being rude with a cast member...we have an evening BOG dinner ADR for 3 and hopping in line for a ride right before close to see the empty park as a back-up plan. I understand it's a prepaid meal and know how popular it is, but we don't feel comfortable leaving our friend while we eat as we feel that's a bit rude, especially since we invited them along for all the things we have planned. I don't plan on blowing up at a CM because they can't accommodate us - I was wondering if anyone had a similar situation and the outcome.

Maybe this was the wrong place to ask...

Ok, so I had no intention of being rude with a cast member...we have an evening BOG dinner ADR for 3 and hopping in line for a ride right before close to see the empty park as a back-up plan. I understand it's a prepaid meal and know how popular it is, but we don't feel comfortable leaving our friend while we eat as we feel that's a bit rude, especially since we invited them along for all the things we have planned. I don't plan on blowing up at a CM because they can't accommodate us - I was wondering if anyone had a similar situation and the outcome.

I don't think anyone meant to imply that you would be rude about it. Just that you should consider the pre-paid aspect and what will happen if they can't accommodate you (which is a very real possibility). Are you prepared to eat the cost if your friend gets turned away?

Sorry, I didn’t mean I thought you would yell at a CM. Just giving an example of what I saw & that people do get turned away. And just warning that you would lose all your prepaid $$ if you decide not to dine without your friend at the last minute.

So I really wouldn't count on being able to add a person. With CRT being pre-paid, people are very motivated to make their reservations. In addition, going from 2 to 3 requires a table change. There are tables for 2 at CRT so it would be unlikely to switch to a table of 4. Like if you were moving from 3 people to 4 people, that would be a lot easier since it's the same size table. So you definitely need to decide day of since you will lose you prepaid money if you don't cancel over 24 hours ahead of time, so I would keep trying, but be prepared before the day of. Sorry!

You can keep checking obsessively, but have a contingency plan for the very real possibility that you won't find an opening. That is, I'd try to make a reservation somewhere else on your friend's MDE, or else plan on eating QS.

This is a strange situation for me.
Its your anniversary trip and you invited a single friend?
and then you dont want to have an anniversary dinner alone?why do you think this person would be sad if they couldnt third wheel a single dinner on the anniversary trip?

and then you dont want to have an anniversary dinner alone?why do you think this person would be sad if they couldnt third wheel a single dinner on the anniversary trip?

Let people live they way they want to.

Sorry you find it strange? It was an anniversary trip, but again, because our friend just graduated and has never been, it is no longer solely an anniversary trip. It's now just a group of 3 friends going to Disney and celebrating these things. Make sense?

Again, maybe I shouldn't have posted here. Lol

Glancing at your post history full of anxiety attacks and tears over Disney dining reservations indeed it doesn’t seem like a good idea for you to be posting online
That whole thread was about the giant dining glitch that happened last November. I was a couple weeks out from my trip and about 75-80% of my ADRs were cancelled that day. I was candid about being bummed and having to start over, much like the majority of people in that thread. Another "glance" and you'd see I was far from the only one upset...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter