CRT vs Akershus

PilarTR

Earning My Ears
Hello! Totally new to this - but taking our princess loving 6 year old this November for her first ever trip!! ( & I feel like it's my first time all over again since I haven't been since I was about 8..)

My plan was breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. Got online at 6am to make my ADRs and not only was there no breakfast available at CRT for our MK day--there was no lunch....or dinner..
I was able to get a late breakfast at Akershus . So I took it! But I feel like I'm still holding out for that CRT reservation to become available.

Has anyone had experience to compare?! If I get the chance should I do both??? Am I dreaming to even think that a breakfast at CRT will just magically open up??

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

That's very unusual to have absolutely nothing 180 days out. Keep watching. My guess would be that they aren't loaded yet.

If you find out they are booked, try using the reservation finder on Touring Plans. You'll find something.

And at age 6? I would totally do both. This phase passes way too fast.

Yep, there will be openings -- you'll just need to check back and see.

For comparison's sake, I've searched for a lot of last minute ADRs the last few weeks for last minute trips, and saw quite a few breakfast openings at CRT. They're not your dates, but it's pretty well known that ADRs will get canceled in weeks leading up to a trip because people book too many.

Do both if you can! Might I suggest lunch or dinner at CRT, since you're already doing breakfast at Akershus? Especially if it's just the two of you, you might get lucky and seated right by the windows in CRT.

Keep checking! We have done both. While the magic of the Castle is great...we really liked the breakfast at Akershus too! My daughter loved both experiences! Akershus seemed a little less stressful.

Do you know the Christmas party schedule for when you’re going in November? There are some weeks when the party is 4/5 weeknights. I talked to someone on the dining line yesterday and she said dinners for party nights hadn’t been released yet. I too was unable to book any breakfast, lunch, or dinner at CRT 180+ days our entire stay but am remaining hopeful for cancellations. From what I’m learning people overbook and then shift things around later. This is our first trip so I can’t say from experience, but we want to do both CRT and akershus (we do have a dinner ADR for akershus). I think eating in the castle will be its own unique experience and I’ve heard Akershus is awesome. I don’t think you can do too many princess meals with a 6 y/o girl! My girls are 6, 4, and 2 :-)

That's very unusual to have absolutely nothing 180 days out. Keep watching. My guess would be that they aren't loaded yet.

If you find out they are booked, try using the reservation finder on Touring Plans. You'll find something.

And at age 6? I would totally do both. This phase passes way too fast.
Thank you! Since this was my first time doing the ADRs I wasn't sure if this was normal ... I also called at 7am and the person on the phone said same thing...nothing at CRT but they were the one to get me the breakfast !

Do you know the Christmas party schedule for when you’re going in November? There are some weeks when the party is 4/5 weeknights. I talked to someone on the dining line yesterday and she said dinners for party nights hadn’t been released yet. I too was unable to book any breakfast, lunch, or dinner at CRT 180+ days our entire stay but am remaining hopeful for cancellations. From what I’m learning people overbook and then shift things around later. This is our first trip so I can’t say from experience, but we want to do both CRT and akershus (we do have a dinner ADR for akershus). I think eating in the castle will be its own unique experience and I’ve heard Akershus is awesome. I don’t think you can do too many princess meals with a 6 y/o girl! My girls are 6, 4, and 2 :-)
We are actually going to the Christmas party :) .. so when I picked our day in Magic Kingdom I picked a nonparty day so that we could have a full day there!
I had the same response you got about the party nights since I called also at 7am..he said dinners weren't open yet for nights of the party..

I'm happy to hear of someone else thinking of doing both because I was wondering if it would be too much princess (probably no such thing for my 6 year old girl !) Thank you for your help!

Keep checking! We have done both. While the magic of the Castle is great...we really liked the breakfast at Akershus too! My daughter loved both experiences! Akershus seemed a little less stressful.
Thank you !
I have not really heard anything bad about Akershus -- but like you said it's the magic of the castle in l am soo picturing ... I will keep checking for sure!

Yep, there will be openings -- you'll just need to check back and see.

For comparison's sake, I've searched for a lot of last minute ADRs the last few weeks for last minute trips, and saw quite a few breakfast openings at CRT. They're not your dates, but it's pretty well known that ADRs will get canceled in weeks leading up to a trip because people book too many.

Do both if you can! Might I suggest lunch or dinner at CRT, since you're already doing breakfast at Akershus? Especially if it's just the two of you, you might get lucky and seated right by the windows in CRT.
I am open to a lunch or dinner there at this point for sure ! I just picture the castle being a special experience. I will keep looking and hope for the best ! Thank you for responding :)

Just in case you end up not finding one for CRT- 1900 Park Fare dinner is another good option to book for a Cinderella fan, and a much easier one to get. That one has Cinderella, the Prince, the evil stepmother and the stepsisters. (although when I went, they had the 2 mice as substitutes filling in for the prince)

Just in case you end up not finding one for CRT- 1900 Park Fare dinner is another good option to book for a Cinderella fan, and a much easier one to get. That one has Cinderella, the Prince, the evil stepmother and the stepsisters. (although when I went, they had the 2 mice as substitutes filling in for the prince)
Thank you so much for the tip!

We are doing Park Fare with our granddaughters. We have done Akershus and CRT. Both are fine. I have to say my grandchildren liked the princesses ar CRT better - there seemed to be so much going on at Akershus. Also, over at Trattoria al Forno (at the Boardwalk) for breakfast only - they have Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Ariel and Prince Eric. All are pretty tough to get but keep trying. I just scored a better time for Park Fare (originally had 7 pm).

We are doing Park Fare with our granddaughters. We have done Akershus and CRT. Both are fine. I have to say my grandchildren liked the princesses ar CRT better - there seemed to be so much going on at Akershus. Also, over at Trattoria al Forno (at the Boardwalk) for breakfast only - they have Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Ariel and Prince Eric. All are pretty tough to get but keep trying. I just scored a better time for Park Fare (originally had 7 pm).
Sounds super cute! Thanks for the tip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter