crowds on Black Friday - park advice

Mom & Popcorn

Earning My Ears
Hello. We will be arriving on Black Friday, staying at a Crescent Lake resort. I would guess we could make it into a park around 5pm-6pm that day (Black Friday). We are annual passholders so burning a ticketed day is not an issue. My questions are: is there a park that would make better sense for that evening, based on crowds, our location, and roughly 4 hours of part time? Is there a park to totally avoid? I am mostly trying to avoid crowds. All crowd calendars I've seen call for that day to be maxed out at any and all parks, but wondering if one specifically limits it to the evening only (again we would be starting at 5-6pm) do crowds dissipate anywhere? If nothing else, FastPass availability may just determine where we end up. Thanks in advance for any tips.

For a late arrival, MK has the most attractions and would be open late, although Hollywood Studios might also be open late then. However, Hollywood doesn't have nearly the attractions that MK has and you'd expect bigger crowds there because of Star Wars.

When you arrive at MK, the crowds would be at their peak until after the fireworks are over. I would do any fastpasses I could get, then and eat dinner, then enjoy some anytime attractions and finaly take advantage of the lower crowds in the final hour of the day.

MK will be busy.

DHS is a virtual unknown at this point and as stated by pp, rather limited on attractions (although they’ve stepped up their holiday decor game again).

Epcot handles crowds better due to size.

I’d be inclined to go to AK depending on what time it will be open until. I love that park at night - completely different ambiance and experience IMO. And I’d get in line for FOP about 10/15 minutes before the park closed.

I didn't find the crowds bad at all when I went on Thanksgiving two years ago. We went to Magic Kingdom on Black Friday and it wasn't too bad. I think that's the best park to go to late since they have a lot of rides you can pick up some fast passes.

I would vote either MK or EPCOT as they have more attractions and tend to handle large crowds better.
Even though MK will probably be the busier of the 2, its probably the better option as it will be open later.
HS would be an option, but the crowd size at this point is an unknown after SWGE opens and it just doesn't have the number of attractions.

We were there a few years ago (I think it was 2015) and did Black Friday morning at MK and it was the least crowded I have EVER seen the MK. We left around lunch time and only then was it starting to get even remotely busy. I believe we went to Epcot that evening, and I don't remember that being terrible either, but definitely busier than that morning. That whole week was a great time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter