Crowds in December

twinmum

DIS Veteran
Hello! Well, our only Disney experience is with WDW and so we're really concerned about crowds (one of our sons is in a wheelchair and it's much tougher with crowds).

We're considering 2 weeks: Dec 9 or Dec 16th.

Can anyone give us an idea what to expect with crowds for either of these weeks?

Thank you!

Twinmum

Hello! Well, our only Disney experience is with WDW and so we're really concerned about crowds (one of our sons is in a wheelchair and it's much tougher with crowds).

Can anyone give us an idea what to expect with crowds for either of these weeks?

Thank you!

Twinmum

The 9th will be a lot less busy than the 16th. The last 2 weeks leading up to NY gets busy.

Thank you!

Twinmum

You should try to plan for Dec. 9. The first two weeks of Dec have light to medium (on weekends) crowds. After Dec. 15, the crowds increase to Christmas and then again increase to New Year's. My family is going to DL during the second week of Decmeber and it will be great. Having visited DL in early Dec before, the crowds are light aand very manageable. Good Luck and enjoy your visit!

I vote the 9th... It will not be as crowded and the weather is still nice. The park will most likely close early though. DCA at about 6pm and DL about 8pm. The 16th is getting close to Holiday travel times...

Still the 16th is not nearly as crowded as the following week. We went the Wednesday and Thrusday before Christmas last year and never had to stand in a line longer than 30 minutes (Peter Pan). We were able to ride all of the major rides 2-3 times in two days including Space, Indy, ToT, Screamin, Soarin, BLAB, etc. Also the advantage of going that week is that the hours are greatly increased even with a small increase of crowds. The hours of the 9th will be around 10-8 or something and the 16th will probably be 8-midnight. This also means entertainment is going in full swing. I vote for 16th

Call me crazy, but I vote for the 16th as well. I think a lot of people have decided to go earlier in order to miss the crowds, and in fact it may be more crowded. In checking rates I was finding better availability the week of the 16th over the week of the 9th.

Go the 16th because we are going the week before and I don't want crowds.........:rotfl:

Hard to predict, but I am betting the week of the 9th will be less crowded.

We're going 12/16 - 12/18 as well. Seeing that many schools are still in that week, I'm hoping that crowds will be lower. We originally booked at DLH and their Season Rates didn't take effect until later that week, if that's any indication. We recently switched to BWPPI for our dates and had no problem with availability and the rates were still reasonable. I'm preparing for the worst but hoping for the best! ;)

I agree with Abby we will be going on the 11th thru the 17th so I vote for the 16th haha.. I think either way you should be ok with crowds.

Just on a side note. Our neighbors have a daughter in a wheel chair and we have been to DL with them. Unlike WDW, DL was not built under ADA requirements, therefore, a lot of the rides have special handicap entrances so you don't have to wait in the long lines. Check with Guest Services when entering DL. They will give you a pamphlet telling about all the special entrance procedures. Buzz Lightyear is one of the only rides where you will have to wait in line with everybody else.

Also, I concur, Dec. 9th will be the better week.

What about the week of December 1-8 crowds? Shows? fireworks ? EP?

During that week, the fireworks, Fantasmic, and Electric Parade will only be shown on the weekend. It shouldn't be that crowded except for two of the days which are the Candlelight Processional. I believe those days are Saturday and Sunday the 1st and 2nd.

During that week, the fireworks, Fantasmic, and Electric Parade will only be shown on the weekend. It shouldn't be that crowded except for two of the days which are the Candlelight Processional. I believe those days are Saturday and Sunday the 1st and 2nd.

fireworks, Fantasmic, and Electric Parade will only be shown on the weekend does that include Sunday night also or just Friday Sat?

thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter