Crowd Levels on Veterans Day

dkzm74

Earning My Ears
We'd had planned to go to Universal on Friday 11th November but then we found out that this is Veterans Day (public holiday) in the US. Are the crowd levels high in the parks on this day and would we be better off planning it on another day? We had also planned to go to Islands of Adventure on the Monday, 14th and also wondered if this would be a quieter day with most people back at work then?

If we do decide to re-plan these parks, we would probably head to beaches down Tampa way which we're hoping will be a better option.

Many thanks for your help.

Veteran's Day isn't a big holiday here in Orlando so crowd levels won't be affected much at all. None of the local public school systems are closed and most businesses stay open.

Veteran's Day isn't a big holiday here in Orlando so crowd levels won't be affected much at all. None of the local public school systems are closed and most businesses stay open.

Thank you so much for this information. Think we'll keep it to the 11th.

They are having a Harry Potter celebration the 11-13 that will increase crowds that weekend. If I could change days I would!

We were planning Universal on the 11th so if it's the Harry Potter celebration it should only be IOA that's busy shouldn't it? We had planned IOA on the 14th so hopefull this will avoid veteran day and Harry Potter celebration crowds.

We were planning Universal on the 11th so if it's the Harry Potter celebration it should only be IOA that's busy shouldn't it? We had planned IOA on the 14th so hopefull this will avoid veteran day and Harry Potter celebration crowds.
The Studios should be OK that weekend and if you planning on 11/14 for IOA, you should definitely miss the huge crowds of that weekend. There may still be some people left on Monday but nothing like the weekend I'm sure.

When do you think crowds will start increasing? On 11/13 or sooner?

TIA!

i thought the parry hotter celebration was nov 11-13.
that would make larger crowds for parry hotter then.

The HP Celebration dates are 11/11-11/13 however the premiercelebration packages are for 4 nights starting on 11/10 - 11/16. We booked our trip before the HP celebration was announced and were bummed since there is not a way to participate unless you book your lodging through US and we already have our lodging in place. Well, you probably will be able to buy tickets to re-runs of the movies but not the autograph sessions. Since US is going to be crowded we are just going to do 1 day instead of 2 and are hoping crowds die down by 11/14.

The HP Celebration dates are 11/11-11/13 however the premiercelebration packages are for 4 nights starting on 11/10 - 11/16. We booked our trip before the HP celebration was announced and were bummed since there is not a way to participate unless you book your lodging through US and we already have our lodging in place. Well, you probably will be able to buy tickets to re-runs of the movies but not the autograph sessions. Since US is going to be crowded we are just going to do 1 day instead of 2 and are hoping crowds die down by 11/14.

I can't see any mention of it being from 10th - 16th Nov. Every website you look at it says it's from 11th - 13th Nov for the celebration and premiere package. The premiere package includes a closing gala night on the 13th so I would have though that would be the end of this celebration with the hope that the parks will be quieter on the 14th.

Our only choice is to still plan to go on the 14th with the hope that the crowds have gone done by then or a Saturday. We've already moved our day planned for Universal from 11th to 9th November.

It should be crazy the 11, 12, and 13, but after that it should die down. The premiere tickets mainly mean getting to the hotel on the 10th (but not going to the parks) and leaving on the 14th (but won't be at the parks that day either). So...the 14th should be fine. I mean there might be people still at the park on the 14th if they extend their trip a little longer, but other people who just booked the celebration will be out of the parks by then.

It should be crazy the 11, 12, and 13, but after that it should die down. The premiere tickets mainly mean getting to the hotel on the 10th (but not going to the parks) and leaving on the 14th (but won't be at the parks that day either). So...the 14th should be fine. I mean there might be people still at the park on the 14th if they extend their trip a little longer, but other people who just booked the celebration will be out of the parks by then.

Thank you so much, very pleased to hear this.

I can't see any mention of it being from 10th - 16th Nov. Every website you look at it says it's from 11th - 13th Nov for the celebration and premiere package. The premiere package includes a closing gala night on the 13th so I would have though that would be the end of this celebration with the hope that the parks will be quieter on the 14th.

Our only choice is to still plan to go on the 14th with the hope that the crowds have gone done by then or a Saturday. We've already moved our day planned for Universal from 11th to 9th November.

Yes the HP Celebration is 11/11-11/13 however in order to get the premier package, you had to purchase a four night stay; the dates were 11/10 - 11/16. I don't know how many premier packages were sold or how many people will attend. There is also another celebration package for sale on the US website that indicates you need to book 4 nights, but in reality you can book for 1 night. I'm just saying that it's possible that the HP Celebration Crowd may still be around through the 16th. I'm hoping that most will arrive on 11/10 but some will arrive 11/11 and 11/12 so consequently they will be at the parks through 11/16. We are also planning to go to US on 11/14, primarily to see HP. While I dont expect the park to be empty I do expect crowds at HP. Let's just hope its a small crowd!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter