Crossing over Crocodiles, Runaway Trains, & Birthday Wishes Updt 10/18

My Dad joined us part way through the trip and he just sent me his photos. They arrived on a thumb drive today and though he doesn't have a lot that he sent, he has some reallly great ones! He arrived the day after I am reporting now, so perfect timing!

I was planning to update, but I cannot get photobucket to work right now.

I will try again hopefully tomorrow. :sad2:

Jacob is away at scout camp this week, and it sounds like he is having a great time. Its so hot though! He actually sent us a letter which we received today. We received last years after he got home. :laughing:

My computer and photobucket seem to be getting along better today. :cool1:

We arrived at the park, and headed for Toy Story Mania

It was 10:10am. Fastpass return time was for 5:20pm!!! :scared1:

That’s crazy!
We weren’t planning on staying that late, so that caused some reworking of our day!

Jacob and I rode TSM on a previous trip, but this would be Hannah's first time. We kept telling her how great it was!!! She was going to have to wait a bit longer to find out.

She enjoyed seeing all Andy's toys.

Hannah’s photos:
IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Jacob’s photos:

They picked out some of the same things to photograph!

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

The fastpass return time!!!! :sad2:
IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Since it was so crowded we just popped inside Chronicles of Narnia. I told the kids not to expect much. Hannah loves these movies, so she was happy with it. And we didn’t have to wait.

It's basically some movie clips and making of, then the stone table, and some displalys of costumes & props.

A bit difficult to photograph because of the glare on the glass, but Hannah took some photos, and I took a few for her in case they came out better with my camera.

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

Continuing Along-

Since we were right there, we popped in One Man’s Dream. Jacob loves this, but we had to drag Hannah in here.

Despite being dragged in she took some photos and seemed to like it a little.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

We have never been to California, but there is some possibiliity we will go next year. If so we will stop & visit Disneyland & California Adventure.
IMG_1026.jpg

Jacob’s photos:

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

I really like this picture-
IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Jacob wanted to see the film at the end, Hannah did not. Since we were planning to split up for a while anyway, Hannah and I headed out, while Jacob waited for the film to start.

Jacob and I have visited the One Man’s Dream before and both have seen the film in the past. It’s an interesting little exhibit. Jacob is interested in animation, and loved reading the history and seeing examples. When we were here previously, he explained some of the information to me, since he was already very familiar with a lot of it.

Hannah and I were planning to catch a show, but we got a little distracted. Would we end up changing our plans?

Yay on getting a letter from Jacob and photobucket being more cooperative! :yay:

Wow at the return time of TSMM!! That is crazy!! :scared1: Though at least there were still times available.

Love all the photos. Thanks for sharing the ones of The Chronicles of Narnia - having seen the movies it's nice to see the pics of the attraction, even though it gets negative reviews.

Can't wait to visit One Man's Dream. Lol, I think you and Hannah will end up changing your plans! :laughing:

Yay on getting a letter from Jacob and photobucket being more cooperative! :yay:

Wow at the return time of TSMM!! That is crazy!! :scared1: Though at least there were still times available.

Love all the photos. Thanks for sharing the ones of The Chronicles of Narnia - having seen the movies it's nice to see the pics of the attraction, even though it gets negative reviews.

Can't wait to visit One Man's Dream. Lol, I think you and Hannah will end up changing your plans! :laughing:

Jacob is now home, so very happy to see him again! He had a lot of fun.

I could not believe the return time! You are right though, we were at least able to get fastpasses, that night there were none left.

Narnia was a little break on a crowded day - something good to escape the heat, but was mainly movie clips & some making of. The time spent watching movies was longer thatn the time they allowed you in the exhibit.

I took one more photo and pointed out the lamp to Hannah

IMG_9817.jpg

She wanted to take some photos of the fish near the Ariel show.
IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Stopping to check her levels, and get a photo with the fish. The sun was straight in her eyes though.
IMG_9820.jpg

Hannah and I were planning to go to the next Beauty & the Beast show. We had some time before it started though. We walked back to the sorcerer hat. We had passed Chip & Dale on the way in and Hannah wanted to meet them. I checked the times guide, and they were scheduled to return in a couple of minutes. We hung around to wait for them. When they came out we ended up third in line! She loves Chip & Dale! She said they were very excited that they had a pin with one of them on it!

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg

IMG_9824.jpg

Photopass photos-
Photo0188.jpg

Photo0190.jpg

Photo0196.jpg

We had not met Daisy Duck before, so when we saw Donald & Daisy across the way, I suggested we see if their line was still open. We made it in with a few minutes to spare!

IMG_9825.jpg

IMG_9827.jpg

Photopass photos

Photo0198FourBySix.jpg

Photo0212FourBySix.jpg

Meeting Donald and Daisy put us past the time we'd planned to head to the theatere. If we rushed to Beauty & the Beast we might be able to see the show, if it wasn't completely full. We reallly felt like we needed a refreshment break though, we had been standing in the hot sun while waiting in line. We ended up having a snack instead of trying to make the show. I really didn't think we'd get good seats if there were even any left. I was little disappointed but we had seen the show before (Hannah twice, me once). We stopped and got popcorn and drinks. We felt much better. We ordered the large popcorn in the souveneir bucket. We had one bucket at home from a previous trip that we use all the time for popcorn. We wanted to collect a few more this trip.

Here is our DHS popcorn bucket-
IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

After our break we decided to try to reach Jacob and see if he was ready to meet back up. It was only a little earlier than planned, and I had come up with a new strategy for our day that I wanted to run by the kids.

We wandered in the nearby Princess shop outside Ariel. Hannah bought some gifts for friends (and herself) while I waited for Jacob to return my text / call.

Notice the mickey head in the center of the crown, I thought that was a cute place for a hidden Mickey-
IMG_9829.jpg

Jacob replied from nearby, and we met back up.

Next - Jacob's adventures on his own
Then - A reworked plan

We went to a local Hot Air Balloon Festival yesterday, thought I would share some photos.

I took Hannah and a friend of hers-
I don't think she appreciated my taking photos. :confused3

Such a teenager she has become. :confused:

IMG_5633.jpg

The scrambler-
IMG_5634.jpg

Well, now she is smiling.:cutie:
IMG_5636.jpg

There were only about 3 rides they had any interest in. But the girls manged to hang at the midway and craft booths & such most of the night.

I went to check out the balloons-

Two ballons took off somewhere else and flew over the festival. That was new.
IMG_5665.jpg

About 10 tethered balloons ride up and down giving tethered rides. I'd like to try that sometime, but there was a super long line last night. I stuck with photos.

I brought the DSLR and practiced with it.
IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

I love when it gets dark and the balloons start to light up! As for photos, it is complete guesswork which will light up when!
IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5793.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

This booth is there every year.
IMG_5888.jpg

The midway lit up.
IMG_5890.jpg

They did have fireworks, but for some reason they were not very impressive. Much shorter than last year, and really just not much going on. I could not tell the end by the fireworks, only because they stopped.

I think I have become a fireworks snob! :snooty:

I have noticed lately (last night & July 4th) that I am not as impressed with local fireworks lately, but love the ones at Disney. I love seeing the castle (or world showcase) and hearing the music. Disney turns their fireworks into a story. I tried sneaking my headphones on July 4th, and I enjoyed the show more. But despite it being a very nice display, I was just not into it.

Last night I didn't have headphones, but could have used them! A couple sat behind me, quite close just before the fireworks and the man was loudly telling the story of a friend who passed away. :scared1: Way too loud for a private conversation, and not firework appropriate either! I turned around and stared right at them, and he trailed off as I turned back to the show. They were giggling over my look, but they were quiet after that. :rolleyes1

Yay on meeting Chip and Dale! I love all the pics of Hannah with them :thumbsup2

You sure met a lot of characters - love the pics of Donald and Daisy as well. Oh no on missing Beauty and the Beast but like you said you had seen it before and there's always next time.

Love the pics of the jewellery with the hidden Mickeys.

Sounds like you had fun at the Hot Air Balloon Festival. You got some great shots and lol at the fireworks not being the same! You just can't beat Disney!

I have work tonight but am subscribing so I can catch up! As soon as I saw crossing over crocodiles in your title I figured you must've done the Wild Africa Tour! I really want to do that some day.

Yay on meeting Chip and Dale! I love all the pics of Hannah with them :thumbsup2

You sure met a lot of characters - love the pics of Donald and Daisy as well. Oh no on missing Beauty and the Beast but like you said you had seen it before and there's always next time.

Love the pics of the jewellery with the hidden Mickeys.

Sounds like you had fun at the Hot Air Balloon Festival. You got some great shots and lol at the fireworks not being the same! You just can't beat Disney!

Chip & Dale are two of her favorites (though she has many favorites)!

I thought that was a cool spot in the crown, I didn't notice it right away either.

I will just have to go back to Disney to see fireworks. :idea:

I have work tonight but am subscribing so I can catch up! As soon as I saw crossing over crocodiles in your title I figured you must've done the Wild Africa Tour! I really want to do that some day.

Hi Sarah,

Yes your right! We were so lucky they started it a month before our trip, I hope you have the chance to go sometime!

What was Jacob doing while Hannah and I were busy meeting characters and snacking on popcorn? popcorn::

This was his first time being able to be independent & do his own thing in a Disney park. He was so excited about this. Now Hannah did not want to ride Tower of Terror or Rock’n’roller coaster, so I thought he would ride those. I would have loved to ride them with him, but was not yet ready to leave Hannah on her own, and it didn’t seem as much fun if we each rode solo. I guess Jacob felt the same way, because he ended up saying he didn’t want to ride alone. I also suggested he ride Catastrophe Canyon as neither Hannah or I wanted to ride.

Instead he just wandered around the park – soaking in the atmosphere and taking some photos. He loves Star Tours and was disappointed it was still closed during our trip. If it had been open, he might have spent his entire time on it. :yoda:

Heading over to star tours first -

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

The muppet studio -
IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Wandering around the streets of America –

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

It doesn’t look crowded at all in these photos.
IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

More star tours photos -
IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

He said at one point, he did pass by Hannah and I while we were in line to meet Donald and Daisy, but didn’t say Hi to us.

I love Jacob's photos and how cool that he got to do his own thing at a Disney Park! :thumbsup2 You are right in that it looks like the park was empty in this set of photos!

I love Jacob's photos and how cool that he got to do his own thing at a Disney Park! :thumbsup2 You are right in that it looks like the park was empty in this set of photos!

He loved doing his own thing!

The park seemed crowded to me until I saw his photos! :confused3
Guess everyone was in the TSM line. :eek:

OK, all caught up. Wow...the Wild Africa Trek. All I can say is it looks amazing!!!! What an experience! Those bridges do seem a little scary though (I remember pointing those out to my sister on our trip and saying they were for the new tour). My dad and I did the Backstage Safari Tour last year so I think we're going to have to try this one sometime too! Awesome review and pictures. :thumbsup2

Love your report!! I would love to do that tour, but our daughter is terrified of heights & we have a 4 year old, so I'd be stuck behind with them! :rolleyes:

Glad I had time to read it all in one sitting!

OK, all caught up. Wow...the Wild Africa Trek. All I can say is it looks amazing!!!! What an experience! Those bridges do seem a little scary though (I remember pointing those out to my sister on our trip and saying they were for the new tour). My dad and I did the Backstage Safari Tour last year so I think we're going to have to try this one sometime too! Awesome review and pictures. :thumbsup2

I think you would really enjoy the tour! I know you like seeing all the animals. If they hadn't opened this Jacob and I probably would have gone on Wild by Design, since he is old enough for that one. But it was so nice that Hannah could go on this one too!

Jacob can't wait to go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour when he is 16!

Love your report!! I would love to do that tour, but our daughter is terrified of heights & we have a 4 year old, so I'd be stuck behind with them! :rolleyes:

Glad I had time to read it all in one sitting!

Thanks! & Welcome!

:headache:Too bad you'd be the one not on the tour. Maybe by the time your youngest is old enough, your daughter would be ok with it. :confused3
Hannah didn't like many things last time (at 10) that she was fine with this year. I know grown family members that are afraid of heights though.

Ok, so after our unexpectedly late fast pass time, we reshuffled our DHS plan for the day. The new plan was …..

To leave

We had planned to have lunch at pizza planet & dinner at Beaches & Cream at our resort. I decided to flip them.

We stopped for a photopass pic on our way out.

Photo0227FourBySix.jpg

Jacob has been taller than me for a couple of years now.

Then we headed to the boat ramp, where we just missed the boat.

We could see another on its way though.

Our ride back…
IMG_9830.jpg

Hannah took this one of the pirate ship.
IMG_1053.jpg

Another Hannah photo- Its very grainy since she zoomed on the ipod.
I think she liked seeing the word friendship.
IMG_1059.jpg

The Yacht Club-
IMG_9836.jpg

I reallly like this section because it looks like a lighthouse. I wonder what is on the inside.
IMG_9837.jpg

We headed to Beaches and Cream. It was pretty crowded inside, but I think a lot of people were only having ice cream, so the wait was only about 10 minutes.

I know that Jacob ordered the hamburger and Hannah ordered the Turkey club because that is what they get all the time. I had the beef au jus. It was not the best I’ve had, but it was good enough (average). The ice cream looked really good, but I ended up being too full for a fancy sundae, and just got a dish of ice cream.

Its pretty crowded inside, not a lot of room, but they have mirrors on the side walls, which make it seem bigger. There’s a long counter (L-shaped) plus booths and tables. We were at a table not far from the door. Right in front of the Juke box actually. Jacob was fascinated by the jukebox, he kept trying to get it to play a song. Finally it did play the one he wanted, but not sure if that was something he did. I kind of thought it was for show, and just played a set group of music, but maybe not. ???

There's a really fun & exciting atmosphere! I liked the theme, the colors, and the decorations. We particularly liked the jukebox! They had flashing lights on the ceiling and they went off several times while we were there. Once for someone’s birthday, and twice when the kitchen sink was ordered. They make a big deal out of it when the kitchen sink is ordered! It starts a lot of conversations between tables as everyone is commenting on it.

We did enjoy are lunch here, and I would love to go back for just ice cream sometime when I am not full from lunch. I love ice cream! :lovestruc

Jacob fascinated by the jukebox.
IMG_9838.jpg

Hannah waiting for lunch.
IMG_9839.jpg

The kids took off as soon as they were done to go to the room, rest, and change for the pool. They left me to pay the bill. After taking care of that I headed out, I didn’t get far when I heard someone calling. It was the hostess from Beaches & Cream with Jacob’s hat. A new Mickey hat he had bought that morning, and he had left it at the table. :sad2: On the way back to the room I met Jacob heading back to down to see if his hat was still there.

After a quick rest, we headed to Stormalong Bay. We planned to hang out there for a while. I was going to go in the lazy river with Hannah, but the water was a bit cool for me. I then went to find an available hot tub but all 3 were completely full. I ended up just sitting in a chair, which didn’t last long anyways, because the kids decided they’d rather be in the less crowded pool near our room than Stormalong bay. Hannah felt that her sugar level might be low, which it was a bit, so she treated that and we sat at SB until she felt better, then headed to the quiet pool, which had only a few other guests, so plenty of space! We probably should have tried Stormalong Bay at an earlier or later time of day, but we actually never did make it back there. The kids didn’t seem to have much interest in returning. It just wasn’t what we expected, and being a busy season it was a bit too crowded for us. We went to the pool near our room from then on.

After our afternoon at the pool, we headed back to the boat to return to DHS.

I walked around the dock taking photos while we waited for the boat.

IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

The Beach Club
IMG_9844.jpg

The dock at the Boardwalk-
IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_9849.jpg

The Beach Club-
IMG_9851.jpg

The boardwalk across the lake-
IMG_9852.jpg

We were heading back to DHS with a list of what we hoped to do, and what we would need to do first since some things would be closing early.

Hey!
Enjoying your report! :goodvibes read it all tonight and can't wait to hear more! I have the same yeti as your daughter, LOVE it! :thumbsup2 it's awesome that she is trying new rides! The Wild Africa Trek looks really cool! Can't wait for more, especially about universal, I'll be there for the first time on my next trip! :woohoo:

Love the PP pic of the 3 of you. Wow at Jacob being taller then you. My little sister is taller then me and she's still growing! :eek:

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Beaches and Cream. We are hoping to eat there on our trip so am looking forward to an ice cream and having some fun with the Jukebox! :laughing:

It's a shame you guys did not get to spend much time at SAB. Great pics from the dock :thumbsup2

Great update! I wanted to get over to Beaches and Cream, but we didn't make it this trip. One day when the kids are a bit older, I want to order the kitchen sink to see if we can finish it off??? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter