Critique Our Dining Selections

chodnett

Eat Mor Chikin
Hello all,

We are headed down for a December Holiday getaway and will be using the DDP for the first time ever. Park Hours haven't been released yet, but we know where we want to eat.

I would love to hear your thoughts on our selections. I have bolded the restaurants that we have never eaten at before.

Let me know what you think, what you would do, what you think we should do, or any changes we should make.

Crystal Palace
Le Cellier
Rainforest Cafe
(I know this isn't on the DDP, but we will pay for this one and use the extra credit for California Grill)
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare
California Grill

:confused3

Have eaten at Crystal Palace and Rainforest Cafe everytime we have been down. Crystal Palace has a great buffet! Good food! The pooh characters are fun. It is great for adult and children. It does get very crowded sometimes, but food lines move pretty quickly. I love the atmosphere of the Rainforest Cafe! The store is huge. There are storm simulators(nothing extreme) every so often. I love it there! be sure to save room for dessert there volcano brownie thing has ice cream(its big definitely can share it) but it is delicious.
These are two great choices!
Magical Wishes:wizard:

Crystal Palace has a great buffett. I also love Rainforest Cafe. We haven't been to Le Cellier before, but plan to go there in October.

Love Crystal Palace and Le Cellier. I thought RFC was decent. Food-wise, it's just like any Chili's type restaurant you can eat back home. But the decor is neat!

The Crystal Palace is GREAT. (only been there for Breakfast)There is a real selection of food from cold things like a bagel cream cheese and lox to cereal for the kids, fresh fruits to all the cooked offerings. I have NEVER EVER felt rushed with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet or Eyeore or eating there.

I have only been to the Rainforrest Cafe in NJ and NY and both times were ok, so looking forward to this time seeing if Disney does it any differently.

Still trying to get into Le Cellier to see what the hub bub is about! Have tried 3 different times to Disney with no luck :confused3

Crystal Palace was awesome--good food and good character timing. 1900 Park Fare was the same: great food a great characters as well. Le Cellier was AMAZING!! Make sure you don't miss the cheddar cheese soup-so yummy!! Have fun!!

Crystal Palace has a good breakfast buffet. If you get breakfast ressies for before the park opens you will have an awesome opportunity to see Main Street and the Castle without the crowds! Dinner buffet is also good for buffet food.

LeCellier is our favorite restaurant at Epcot and probably at any park IMHO. The cheddar soup, mushroom filet, pretzel bread (for dipping in the soup) are awesome. If you like chocolate the chocolate whiskey cake is to die for!

The decor of the RFC makes the dinner worthwhile. I found the food to be so-so but if you have never eaten there before go for it, kids will love it.

Enjoy!:coffee:

I thought RFC was decent. Food-wise, it's just like any Chili's type restaurant you can eat back home. But the decor is neat!
:thumbsup2

Agree - We enjoyed RFC just for the decor and experience. We didn't have opportunity to try RFC except at AK.... It's good to do once...

Other than that... Got my ADR's for Le Cellier and Cali Grill in May.. I can't wait !

Great list...

Mary

Of your choices I think Crystal Palace has the best dinner buffet, and we greatly preferred breakfast at 1900 Park Fare to dinner.

We have only ever done bfast at Chef Mickey's and it's usually good but our visit last week was the pits! The food quality has gone down so much. Still, there is plenty of good stuff to choose from on the cold buffet that you should be fine, and it's always fun to see the Fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy)

It looks good! :laughing: We love Crystal Palace, LeCellier, and 1900 PF! Chef Mickeys is fun also!:rotfl: The only thing I would do different is try T-Rex instead of RFC!

All excellent choices. A lot of my favorites are on your list. The only thing I would skip is Rainforest but thats because we have one close by and I wouldn't waste a dinner on something I could get at home.

Rainforest just plain awful and expensive to boot. Park Fare breakfast just plain bland food. We h:surfweb:ad an awful experience there and don't want to go over details again. The rest are great. jmo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter