Earning My Ears
The crew we have to feed: Me ::MinnieMo
DD8 princess:
DS7 pirate:
DD3 princess:
DS2 pirate:
Mimi ::MinnieMo
Papa ::MickeyMo

Breakfast will be in room or at hotel unless otherwise noted.

day1 Epcot: LU- Coral Reef
SU- Cantina de San Angel (maybe watch illuminations from here)

day2 MK LU-CRT
SU- Columbia Harbour house

day3 AK BR- Breakfastosaurus (to hopefully see Goofy)
LU- Tusker house
SU- Rainforest cafe

day4-MK LU-Cosmic Rays
SU-Whispering Canyon Cafe

Day 5- MGM Lu-???
SU- Sci-fi Dine-in

Anything I should change?? or meal suggestions???

Iwannagobacktoo! said:
The crew we have to feed: Me ::MinnieMo
DD8 princess:
DS7 pirate:
DD3 princess:
DS2 pirate:
Mimi ::MinnieMo
Papa ::MickeyMo

Breakfast will be in room or at hotel unless otherwise noted.

day2 MK LU-CRT

LU- Tusker house
SU- Rainforest cafe

day4-MK LU-Cosmic Rays

Day 5- MGM Lu-???
SU- Sci-fi Dine-in

Well, DW and I went to the World back in October of 2002, and we thoroughly enjoyed every meal we ate on property, with the exception of the Rainforest Cafe. It was a total waste of time and money! To paraphrase the authors of the Unoffical Guide to WDW: Note that the restaurant's motto is "A Great Place to Shop and Eat!"--there's a reason it's not the other way around!

Honestly, IMO, if you want a decent meal with a really fun atmosphere, drive over to Sand Lake Road and eat at the world's largest Mickey D's. It's less expensive (by a LOT), the atmosphere is just as fun as at Rainforest Cafe (if not more so), and the food is of the exact same quality.

Hope I helped. :)

--Jeff

You can't see Fantasmic from San Angel--just the cantina-it's counter service on the lake

Otherwise you have a great selection-enjoy

We've never been to Tusker House. It seems to get very good reviews. My only problem is I LOVE the Flametree BBQ soooo much that I can't bring myself to try anywhere else, LOL.

If you find yourself near the FTBBQ at lunch, do not hesitate. That place ROCKS -- The best pork BBQ sandwiches I ever had. (And I've had them many places). I've heard great reviews on their ribs, too.

Jackie :flower:

We've been to Disney World three times and have eaten at Rainforest cafe every time. I know a lot of people don't seem to like this restaurant but we've always gotten good food and the kids like the theming. so, it's a must do.

I considered trying to do 50's prime time and Sci-fi for lunch and dinner at MGM, but I don't think we would be able to do two sit-down meals in a row. I'm not sure the kids have the patience for this or that we'll be able to eat that much food. We've never been to Sci- fi so I chose it. I don't know what to pick fo counter service though. I think the kids would like to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet, but I've read do many bad comments about the pizza I'm afraid to try it.

We might have a sixth day, but nothing definate yet, so no PS to make for that. If we do we'll probably go back to MK since that's the park the kids like the best.

I'm wondering if it will be worth the time to go WL for WCC?? We'll probably be staying at the Pop.

Also, is Coral Reef my best choice for sit down at Epcot? We are not really very adbenturesome eaters. I thought the kids would enjoy eating by the aquarium.

Don't even waste your time with Toy Story Pizza Planet. The "theming" is really nothing and the pizza is mediocre.

I read many reviews of Coral Reef and the conclusion I came to was that it wasn't worth the money. I decided to change my AR's and since I am on the dining plan, I'll be eating at 2 other places instead of this 1.

Most of the reviewers were disappointed with the food vs price and indicated that the view of the aquarium was nice, but you could see all of that by walking around the exhibit.

Disneyonmymind said:
We've never been to Tusker House. It seems to get very good reviews. My only problem is I LOVE the Flametree BBQ soooo much that I can't bring myself to try anywhere else, LOL.

If you find yourself near the FTBBQ at lunch, do not hesitate. That place ROCKS -- The best pork BBQ sandwiches I ever had. (And I've had them many places). I've heard great reviews on their ribs, too.

Jackie :flower:

We would second the FTBBQ for lunch. Ribs were very good for CS, and kids menu was good. We had way too much food there with the Dining Plan. Also, the staff at FTBBQ was very helpful in maximizing your value on the plan, even though they don't get tipped, and they carried our second tray for us to a pavillion and would not accept a gratuity.

I say skip rainforest.

besides, if you are there for breakfastasaurus early, I cannot imagine you will still be at AK by dinnertime

Iwannagobacktoo! said:

day2 MK LU-CRT

LU- Tusker house
SU- Rainforest cafe

day4-MK LU-Cosmic Rays

Day 5- MGM Lu-???
SU- Sci-fi Dine-in

Okay, ya asked...so here's my opinion...we've been with a prince and two princesses at various times all the ages of your children. Knowing what I know now..I would choose the following....

Day one...I've just found that eating lunch dinner is almost too much food for a day at Disney...we found better luck at eating a good breakfast...small snack for lunch and then eating dinner or eating a small breakfast big lunch and small dinner..my children at that age couldn't handle two big meals back to back....we found it was easier to also not plan a lunch/dinner at the same park..it's a lot of "hanging around" time...we tended to get to the parks early...eat a good breakfast or good park lunch...then head back to the hotel to swim around 2-3 then choose another park to visit at night...this is okay if you have park hoppers...if you don't then you must choose a restaurant in the same park. All that said for day one..I would skip Coral Reef...and maybe do breakfast at Norway with the princesses..my son even loved this one...then light snacks for lunch and keep San Angel for dinner...they'll love the atmosphere!

Day two....Keep CRT....but if you don't feel up to hanging around at MK that long with the kiddoes (ours just seemed to need a break with pool time or just rest for a couple of hours then hit the parks once it cooled down) skip Harbor House and find a restaurant at a resort you'd like to visit...taking the boat ride to Wilderness Lodge to Whispering Canyon would be a hoot for your kids...they're both big meals so you could choose a late breakfast at CRT and an early dinner at WC.

Day 3...LOVE Breakfastsaurus...right there with you for Tusker house but can't see the thrill in Rainforest...again too much time for kiddoes at one park..where are you staying? If you're close to the Boardwalk..lots of good restaurants there....

Day 4...oopss..here's where you put in WC..good for you! :) I would skip Cosmic Rays and maybe do cheeseburgers at Pecos Bills....we loved 'Ohana's with our children...

Day 5...YES the kids will love Sci-Fi...stick with that...if you're staying maybe do Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic package....well worth seeing your last night...

Just remember with the little ones you may need breaks midday..even if it means grandma/granddad taking them back for an hour or two...my kids just couldn't handle all the people and jostling about...they needed some quiet time at the pool or just watching a cartoon in the hotel room. Hope this helps!
Tara

Iwannagobacktoo! said:
I don't know what to pick fo counter service though. I think the kids would like to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet, but I've read do many bad comments about the pizza I'm afraid to try it.

I'm wondering if it will be worth the time to go WL for WCC?? We'll probably be staying at the Pop.

Also, is Coral Reef my best choice for sit down at Epcot? We are not really very adbenturesome eaters. I thought the kids would enjoy eating by the aquarium.

1. There are no GREAT options for eats at MGM. We've always been pleased with the ABC Commisary. Nothing FABULOUS, but good food and usually the kids can get a cute little keepsake box for their food. My kids still use theirs to keep crayons in.
2. WCC is a good option on your MK day if you don't mind leaving the park. If you're short on time, stay in the park. We love the character meal dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.
3. My husband & I liked Coral Reef, and your kids may well like the aquarium (we did), but I really think it's overpriced for feeding all that are in your family for what you get. (even by Disney standards) Some of the countries have good theming. Japan's steakhouse is good. Next time we're going to try Marakesh and enjoy the bellydancers.
4. One other comment. Depending on what times you have booked for day three...that's a lot of food close together. All of those are good choices though.
Hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion!

WCC was a little long for my young kids, 3 and 6 but yours should have a blast. I never ate more food that I ate at WCC. Pizza place at MGM was alright for me but I wasn't expecting a knockout.

Rainforest is an absolute waste of money. I have had one good expererience there in my 4 trips...there won't be a 5th.

Agree with big breakfast, light lunch/snack and a big dinner. Save your time in the parks for rides and shows. You can eat at home :teeth:

we love the coral reef (kept our 2 year old quiet looking at fish)but it is pretty pricey for not that great of selection i would switch to the land garden grille it rotates and keeps the kids interested / charecters are usually very involved there and food is pretty good especially for kids....
also we love ordering teh double cheesbeuger and fry (at pecos bill and teh place right next to its a small world) and asking for an extra bun... plus it is loud so kids can enjoy..
my kids were not that thrilled with 50's cafe or sci fi they we grabbed a burger and oizza fron teh counter service across from tower of terror and they loved watching it drop...
Rainforest cafe is a great idea we love it and for the kids they will too just make sure they put you in a place where the animals move etc so they can "watch" and the chicken tenders were great for the kids.... and it is as you are leaving so it keeps teh thrill alive a bit...
enjoy

You'll love Donald's breakfast....many choices, alot of food and great character interaction.

Don't know if you'll be hungry for lunch after that....unless it's later on in the day.

JMO, but don't worry about eating at places for lunch and dinner. It sounds like you have a good combination of counter and sit down.
When we go eat whether it is lunch or dinner, pretty much the adults order and the kids eat off of their plates. Or, if you have picky eaters split kids meal between 2 kids. Have the adults share a meal. Remember you can always order more or grab those Mickey Bars/Popcorn for a snack. So don't over order.....
I believe at MGM the backlot has gotten good reviews for lunch, maybe you could eat light there. Sci Fi has great burgers, you might want to not eat "junk" for lunch so you would be ready for a burger/ chicken finger meal at Sci FI.

My kids love Rain Forest, any atmosphere that helps keep my kids entertained makes the food seem a little bit better. LOL

Are you going to CRT for the characters or for a great meal? If you are not that concerned with spending lots of time with characters I would switch and do CRT for dinner. There new character lunch has changed the lunch menu. We did dinner in Early May and DD4 still spent ampul time with Cindy in the Lobby, although I don't know if our timing was just good that day or what. Also if you or your children want to try the slipper dessert it is only offered at Dinner from what I understand.

I would not do Rainforest Cafe. The food is just mediocre at the best and since it is a chain restraunt it is all over the US. Flame Tree BBQ is definately a good option as the food is wonderful and kids usually like it.

Have a wonderful trip,
Charity :earsgirl:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I revised a few things and I think I'm happy with it now. Just one more week until I can start making priority seatings. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!