Critique FP please:)

dolewhipsareforlovers

Mouseketeer
We are almost to the day where we can book FP.. I haven't been to Disney in a few years so any input would be apperciated! We are just two adults going for our honeymoon.

Day1 Magic Kingdom
Seven Dwarf Mine Train
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain

Day2- Epcot
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space?
Rope Drop- Frozen(possibly)

Day3- Animal Kingdom
Flight of Passage
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
EMH Epcot-going to try and do FEA

Day4- Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain
Peter Pan
Pirates of the Caribbean

Day5- Epcot
Soarin
Nemo
Not sure what else to FP

Day6- Animal Kingdom(Morning)
Na’vi River Journey
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Day6-Hollywood Studios (afternoon)
Only going to see Fantasmic

Day7- Magic Kingdom
SDMT
Space Mountain
Jungle Cruise

Happy to provide feedback, but need a little more info - what times are you thinking of booking? You seem to have a pretty good good grasp on important FPs to get - with only a few exceptions. Also - what is your vacation style? Are you early risers? Or prefer to sleep in? It IS your honeymoon after all....

Curious as to why you would FP Soarin twice while trying to doe FEA in standby. Why not just use one of the Soarin FPs for FEA? If it's because you want to ride Soarin twice, I would think standby for it would would not be any worse than FEA.

You don't have any target times listed for your choices. Are you planning to RD? You could probably ride BTMR, Splash and POC before 10am standby easily.

I think you should get a FP for Frozen and try to rope drop either TT or Soarin' on one of your Epcot days.

Also, you might consider a FP for ROL on one of your nights at AK (if you don't have a dining package). You may not need a FP for EE if you rope drop it or do it later at night. If AK is open late when you are there, it is likely you can do EE first thing in the morning or before close with little wait.

I would not use one of my first three fastpasses on POTC. It is nearly always available as a fourth or fifth fastpass after you have used the others. If it were me, I would do Splash again on Day 4, or I would hit POTC, BTMRR, and Splash at rope drop then make my fastpasses for later in a different area of the park.

Day 6 you can get a F! FPP from the app before you head over. But you might wish you had gotten TSMM. There are still some great attractions at Hollywood.

Magic Kingdom would probably be easier to get 4 or 5th FP for Pirates or Jungle Cruise but harder for Peter Pan if you plan to ride it.

Also, talking Mickey is difficult for additional FPP if you intend to do that.

I agree with others here that you should book a FP for Frozen instead of a second one for Soarin. One thing we always do is try to time our FP so it is close to where we have ADRs. We also like to organize our day so we minimize the need to cross the park multiple times. I also see you are only going to HS for Fantasmic but if you can I would recommend Tower of Terror, Rock n'Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania if the lines are reasonable or if you can swing a fourth FP after you leave AK. Congrats on your wedding and enjoy the trip!

I'm guessing since you have a question mark by Mission: Space, you know it's under refurb. Since you don't list what date Day 2 is, I'm not sure that will be available.

I'm also not sure what date Disney will start releasing fast passes for it. I'm not sure how that's handled for a ride under refurbishment. Do they wait until it's operational before issuing fast passes, or do they go ahead and set some date for 60-day passes to be available?

Happy to provide feedback, but need a little more info - what times are you thinking of booking? You seem to have a pretty good good grasp on important FPs to get - with only a few exceptions. Also - what is your vacation style? Are you early risers? Or prefer to sleep in? It IS your honeymoon after all....
We are for sure going to do rope drop and then probably going back to the room for a few hours and head back to the parks in the evening. I was going to book Fast Passes for mid morning.

Curious as to why you would FP Soarin twice while trying to doe FEA in standby. Why not just use one of the Soarin FPs for FEA? If it's because you want to ride Soarin twice, I would think standby for it would would not be any worse than FEA.
You make a good point! Soarin is one of my favorite Disney rides and my fiancé has never been to Disney so I really wanted him to experience Soarin a few times. The last time I was at Disney was when Soarin was the "must do" ride so I wasn't sure if Soarin was a good option for standby. Would it be better to get rid of one Soarin FP to do FEA and possibly rope drop Soarin?

I think you should get a FP for Frozen and try to rope drop either TT or Soarin' on one of your Epcot days.

Also, you might consider a FP for ROL on one of your nights at AK (if you don't have a dining package). You may not need a FP for EE if you rope drop it or do it later at night. If AK is open late when you are there, it is likely you can do EE first thing in the morning or before close with little wait.

I would not use one of my first three fastpasses on POTC. It is nearly always available as a fourth or fifth fastpass after you have used the others. If it were me, I would do Splash again on Day 4, or I would hit POTC, BTMRR, and Splash at rope drop then make my fastpasses for later in a different area of the park.
Splash is down after the first day we are there! I have a dining package for ROL but thought about canceling because a lot of people have been saying it is not very good.. its so hard to decide what to do lol. POTC and Jungle Cruise were the two ride I was wondering if I should even bother with FP for.

I agree with others here that you should book a FP for Frozen instead of a second one for Soarin. One thing we always do is try to time our FP so it is close to where we have ADRs. We also like to organize our day so we minimize the need to cross the park multiple times. I also see you are only going to HS for Fantasmic but if you can I would recommend Tower of Terror, Rock n'Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania if the lines are reasonable or if you can swing a fourth FP after you leave AK. Congrats on your wedding and enjoy the trip!
Thank you so much! We are going to head over to Hollywood Studios early evening to try and do some rides but I really wanted to use our FP at Animal Kingdom because of Pandora.

I'm guessing since you have a question mark by Mission: Space, you know it's under refurb. Since you don't list what date Day 2 is, I'm not sure that will be available.

I'm also not sure what date Disney will start releasing fast passes for it. I'm not sure how that's handled for a ride under refurbishment. Do they wait until it's operational before issuing fast passes, or do they go ahead and set some date for 60-day passes to be available?
I put a question by it because I was not sure if it is a ride we would want to do, i have never personally done it. We will be there August 26-September 3. We only have 7 day park tickets because originally I wanted to do Disney Springs on arrival day and just relax but now I am thinking of adding an 8th day lol

I put a question by it because I was not sure if it is a ride we would want to do, i have never personally done it. We will be there August 26-September 3. We only have 7 day park tickets because originally I wanted to do Disney Springs on arrival day and just relax but now I am thinking of adding an 8th day lol

I think it's only supposed to be closed through the end of July so I imagine it'll be open for you. If you didn't already know, they have a green side and and orange side. The green side is the tamer version of the two. I'd say it's worth a go over and 8-day visit.

I still don't know when they'll reopen 60-day fast passes for it. I'm not sure what their protocol is for that since refurbs can get extended.

Splash is down after the first day we are there! I have a dining package for ROL but thought about canceling because a lot of people have been saying it is not very good.. its so hard to decide what to do lol. POTC and Jungle Cruise were the two ride I was wondering if I should even bother with FP for.

Jungle Cruise is a much better one to FP than POTC, IMO.

You can also often get a 4th FP for Jungle Cruise, but it might be a time later at night.

A lot of it really depends on where you are headed at RD (if you will even be there at RD).

Since you are two adults, I would avoid rope dropping Fantasyland. So many people head there first. I would rope drop Adventureland/Frontierland or Tomorrowland and save my fastpasses for SDMT, PP, and either Space M or BTMRR, depending on which land you are rope dropping.

One idea could be to rope drop Adventureland and head straight to Jungle Cruise first thing. Then do POTC, then BTMRR. You could probably still get to HM fairly quickly and use your first FP of the day on PP. Sometimes I plan to do two rides early then plan my first FP around 10-11 am (you could do this for BTMRR). If the wait is 10 minutes or less, then I switch my 10-11 FP for a different time or attraction later in the day.

If you plan to do ROL at all, I might go ahead and get a fastpass. Right now, it is one of the attractions that gives out of fastpasses earliest. If you change your mind later and crowds for the show seem to be dwindling and reports are that you don't need a fastpass, then you can switch it for something else like EE. EE usually has plenty of fastpasses available a few days before you will be there. It will be much easier to switch from ROL to EE than vice versa.

Oh- and on your Epcot day, I would get my third fastpass for Spaceship Earth. Lines don't get really long for it, but we have appreciated having the fastpass and skipping a 15-30 minutes line in the early to mid-afternoon. You can always switch it out for something else if there is not wait when you are there to ride it.

We just got back yesterday and were able to experience both the new Soarin and both Pandora attractions. Now knowing exactly what kind a Disneyiers you are I'm going to make a few assumptions. Since you are not going to Hollywood Studios for anything other than Fantasmic I'm going to assume you are not super thrill right people (i.e. no Rockin' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror). But since you have 2 Space Mountain (SpaM) and 7DMT FP+ selections on your list I'll assume that you like the milder thrill rides. I'm also going to assume that you are going to rope-drop most if not all days.

Coming from a family that collectively has really enjoyed Soarin I would not spend two FP+ selections on it. We were ALL a little disappointed in it. From every scene transition being something flying at you (to make you blink or jerk way) to the tall visuals (like the Eiffel Tower) being distorted due to the close up on the curved screen, it just wasn't as enjoyable as in the past. It may go from a definite multiple ride per visit to a one and done. Also I wouldn't try to SB FEA. Remember that it is still the same attraction (load, and ride itself) as Maelstrom. Maelstrom as a mildly popular ride was routinely at 30-40 minute wait. Now add the popularity of Frozen and that it is new, it is likely to be longer. As such, I would move one of the Soarin FP+ to FEA.

I would also not spend a FP+ selection on Na’vi River Journey. Plan both of those for Flight of Passage. Then rope drop Flight of Passage one day and Na’vi River Journey the other. You will want the three Flight of Passage visits. Also not sure I would do Safaris twice. But that is a personal preference. I'd probably replace one of those with Dinosaur.

At Epcot, Nemo generally doesn't need a FP+, but not sure what other options would be better. TT is already blocked out by Soarin or FEA. Maybe another Mission Space or Journey into Imagination. Sounds silly but when we were there this past week it got up to a 40 minute wait.

In general I would not plan any FP+ selections before about 11am (assuming a 9am park opening). Those first two hours for the most part have farily low waits. Exceptions are attractions like FoP, NRJ, Soarin, TT, Safari, and RnR, etc. Do your rope drop attraction, then stick with low wait attractions for the next hour or so, then start doing your FP. You should be able to leave the park between 1-2 for your afternoon rest.

Also, avoid any park with a EMH (morning or evening). While it sounds like a good idea (I get in an extra hour before everyone else), remember that 50,000 other people also have that same benefit. And while many will want to sleep in, many others will be with you for the "Bonus" hour.

Jungle Cruise is a much better one to FP than POTC, IMO.

Since you are two adults, I would avoid rope dropping Fantasyland. So many people head there first. I would rope drop Adventureland/Frontierland or Tomorrowland and save my fastpasses for SDMT, PP, and either Space M or BTMRR, depending on which land you are rope dropping.

One idea could be to rope drop Adventureland and head straight to Jungle Cruise first thing. Then do POTC, then BTMRR. You could probably still get to HM fairly quickly and use your first FP of the day on PP. Sometimes I plan to do two rides early then plan my first FP around 10-11 am (you could do this for BTMRR). If the wait is 10 minutes or less, then I switch my 10-11 FP for a different time or attraction later in the day.
I love the idea of RD Adventureland/Frontierland! I could do the FP for Fantasyland rides and if we RP Adventureland/Frontierland we could probably knock out a lot of rides! Thanks for the tip!

We just got back yesterday and were able to experience both the new Soarin and both Pandora attractions. Now knowing exactly what kind a Disneyiers you are I'm going to make a few assumptions. Since you are not going to Hollywood Studios for anything other than Fantasmic I'm going to assume you are not super thrill right people (i.e. no Rockin' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror). But since you have 2 Space Mountain (SpaM) and 7DMT FP+ selections on your list I'll assume that you like the milder thrill rides. I'm also going to assume that you are going to rope-drop most if not all days.

Coming from a family that collectively has really enjoyed Soarin I would not spend two FP+ selections on it. We were ALL a little disappointed in it. From every scene transition being something flying at you (to make you blink or jerk way) to the tall visuals (like the Eiffel Tower) being distorted due to the close up on the curved screen, it just wasn't as enjoyable as in the past. It may go from a definite multiple ride per visit to a one and done. Also I wouldn't try to SB FEA. Remember that it is still the same attraction (load, and ride itself) as Maelstrom. Maelstrom as a mildly popular ride was routinely at 30-40 minute wait. Now add the popularity of Frozen and that it is new, it is likely to be longer. As such, I would move one of the Soarin FP+ to FEA.

I would also not spend a FP+ selection on Na’vi River Journey. Plan both of those for Flight of Passage. Then rope drop Flight of Passage one day and Na’vi River Journey the other. You will want the three Flight of Passage visits. Also not sure I would do Safaris twice. But that is a personal preference. I'd probably replace one of those with Dinosaur.

At Epcot, Nemo generally doesn't need a FP+, but not sure what other options would be better. TT is already blocked out by Soarin or FEA. Maybe another Mission Space or Journey into Imagination. Sounds silly but when we were there this past week it got up to a 40 minute wait.

In general I would not plan any FP+ selections before about 11am (assuming a 9am park opening). Those first two hours for the most part have farily low waits. Exceptions are attractions like FoP, NRJ, Soarin, TT, Safari, and RnR, etc. Do your rope drop attraction, then stick with low wait attractions for the next hour or so, then start doing your FP. You should be able to leave the park between 1-2 for your afternoon rest.

Also, avoid any park with a EMH (morning or evening). While it sounds like a good idea (I get in an extra hour before everyone else), remember that 50,000 other people also have that same benefit. And while many will want to sleep in, many others will be with you for the "Bonus" hour.
That makes me sad about Soarin' because I loved it so much! I am going to definitely going to switch one for FEA. Originally I had thought about fast passing FOP twice but was worried the line for Na'vi River Journey would get too long and we would miss out but will try to do it on one of our RD days there!
Thanks so much for your trip they have been extremely helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter