Crib???

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by kristenrice, Sep 4, 2011.

1. kristenrice

kristenrice NOT just an ambulance driver

I know the resorts have Pack n Plays, but do they have cribs available on request? I'm thinking specifically of OKW. We're going in June with my yet-to-be-born niece who is due at the beginning of November. My sister and I aren't too sure that the baby will be OK for 7 nights in just a Pack n Play. I know about ABBF and we're looking into them, but I thought I'd ask if the resort has their own.

2. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The co-located resorts sometimes have them available but I would guess that a dedicated DVC resort like OKW and SSR do not. At the regular non DVC resorts, sometimes the Guests are charged for there use and sometimes that aren't.

:earsboy: Bill

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvc-resales.com

4. RDP

RDP DIS Veteran

Email them, we have only needed the crib when we stayed at the Dolphin, they had them, so unsure about the DVC resorts.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you want a guaranteed crib, rent one from an outside company.

6. tara98

tara98 Mouseketeer

Last year we rented both a full sized crib and a wooden rocking chair from A Baby's Best Friend. I was very happy with both. The crib wasn't the best, best quality, but was easy and convenient (it was for my 2 and a half year old, not an infant), and if I had to do it again, I would. They had so much more available to rent also. Check out their web page- http://www.abbf.com/

Good luck!

7. Worktoplay

Worktoplay Mouseketeer

I asked at member services and they said that each resort has a few available on the first come basis. We requested it for our last summer trip and they did not have one available.

8. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

We stayed at OKW in a GV in March, we request a crib (not a pack and Play, which there were two in the GV), along with two high chairs...we had a wonderful almost full size crib, and sheets....so, they do have them at OKW...I believe it's not guaranteed, but put it on your reservation NOW.

Have a wonderful trip.

9. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

A 7month old should be fine in pack n play

10. maciec

maciec AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

my 6mo son won't sleep in the pack and play so we are renting a crib from A Babys Best Friend. I didn't want to take the chance that SSR didn't have any cribs when we arrived.

11. FreeTime

FreeTime DIS Veteran

We were able to get a crib one time. It was not full size and was rather rickety. After that, we just started using the pack in play.