Credit Card Help

BostonTink85

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes...
Hey guys, everyone always has such great advice that I'm hoping someone can help me out with my question. I'm looking open a new credit card company because I'm not happy with CitiCard. :sad2: I'm a college student and have had the card for about 2 years now and my interest rate is variable. I've noticed the rate has been going up and up with every bill and so I wanted to try and get a fixed rate. I recently talked with 2 different reps about what other options/offers with a fixed rate they have for me right now and they say they have nothing. I have good credit, I've always paid in full every month and have never been late.

So my question to all of you is, what companies do you like? Also, if anyone is speaking from experience as a student or the parent of a student that would be awesome to hear what you have to say. Thanks in advance!!!

I have a question...

If you're paying off your credit card in full every month, are you still paying interest?

I pay mine off in full every month, and I have no interest charges. So- I don't care what my interest rate is.

As you can see, I'm confused!

*Flower* said:
If you're paying off your credit card in full every month, are you still paying interest?

I am not paying interest right now, but it's the whole fact that it is going up and if I cannot pay in full in some month, specifically when I need to buy books this semester, I don't want to be paying a wicked high interest rate. I'm just interested in what others have to say about other credit card companies, anything from problems with bills to customer service.

I have a card through direct merchants bank and the interest rate sucks at this point, but the card has ninety days same as cash for life so I can buy something and take three months to pay it off before it accumulates any interest. Citi is huge so I'm not surprised they don't want to work with you. I can't personally reccommend Chase either. They're customer service is nice and I have one card with a fixed rate, but they took another card I had and jacked the interest up to 25% and gave me no recourse. I've never missed a payment or had a late payment with any of my creditors so I was shocked, but I guess that's how they play the game. The woman told me all she was doing all day was handling calls from people about their skyrocketing interest rates. If you want an idea of how just about every creditor works, I would head over to creditboards.com. There is a ton of information there and those people really know the game:) HTH

My daughter has a Citi card (for college students) and a Charles Schwab Visa www.schwab.com. The Charles Schwab has a variable 9.9% interest rate. Right now you can get a $50.00 statement credit with Charles Schwab for opening a CC. The only thing I don't like about them is their web site - it's a little hard to navigate. They also have brokerage accounts and you have to make sure you're in the banking and lending section under credit cards. Other than that I like the company, I have one myself. She had no problem getting it, she already had some credit history because of the citi card. Be sure to keep your citi card open, it will hurt your credit score if you close your oldest account. Use it every once in a while to keep it open.

The only other card I would recommend would be Capital One. Out of all my cards it has always had the lowest interest rates. Never had a problem with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter