Creating new account/login for DVC membership?

elle-jay

Earning My Ears
Just got my member number for my first DVC contract that was purchased via resale. I have my member number and the club ID and activation code needed to login. When I got it the guy online was telling me to not combine my MDE and DVC account logins. He told me to create a separate one. The DVC website told me my email address already had a disney login and the guy on the phone told me to delete my browsing history and restart it and NOT sign-on on the main page but go to "create a login". Now that I've hung up with him I'm still getting the notice that my email address already has a login and it's telling me to use that. Since we all know how inconsistent phone assistance can be with anything Disney, I need to ask. Do you all have separate logins? He advised it to have different password and if I kept getting the notice to use my MDE login, to use a different email address as I don't want to combine them since it causes issues. Does this make any sense?

I'm wonder what the "issues" are? I use the same login and password for MDE and DVC...

You'll want your MDE and DVC login to be the same.
THIS ^^^

If they are the same, your MDE Profile will reflect your DVC Affiliation which will allow you to purchase tickets/passes online (at disneyworld.com) at DVC Member pricing (if available). It will also allow you to purchase using the Shop Disney Parks mobile app and receive any applicable DVC Member discount.

Thanks all! I thought his suggestion was odd. I went ahead and used my regular sign-in and didn’t have any problems.

Just got my member number for my first DVC contract that was purchased via resale. I have my member number and the club ID and activation code needed to login. When I got it the guy online was telling me to not combine my MDE and DVC account logins. He told me to create a separate one. The DVC website told me my email address already had a disney login and the guy on the phone told me to delete my browsing history and restart it and NOT sign-on on the main page but go to "create a login". Now that I've hung up with him I'm still getting the notice that my email address already has a login and it's telling me to use that. Since we all know how inconsistent phone assistance can be with anything Disney, I need to ask. Do you all have separate logins? He advised it to have different password and if I kept getting the notice to use my MDE login, to use a different email address as I don't want to combine them since it causes issues. Does this make any sense?

Very odd since a couple years ago they pretty much made everyone go with one login. Mine was actually changed without even talking to me. :sad2:

I would actually like to change the email address I have on file with DVC. It's also used as my login email for DVC and MDE. However I have been procrastinating as I feel I will have problems after doing it. I don't want to do it now and potentially have problems with my upcoming trip. Then after I return, my 11 month window opens for next year. Don't want problems with that either!!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!