CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Saw a bit of your trip on Instagram, can't wait to hear all the details!

Thank you so much for following!! :)

I love your vlogs. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but your voice is very soothing.

Haha thank you! I've never thought of my voice as soothing, I feel like I sound like an over-aged teenager, but thank you!

Slinky Dog Dash looks so fun at night! I can't wait to ride it this December!

It is great at night! I feel like I should just make all my FP for slinky dog at night.

I'm glad you were able to get your room changed. That door sounds super annoying.

It was super annoying! If I had to deal with that for a week I wouldn't be able to take it.

Food & Wine and Ohana on the same day? That sounds like an absolutely perfect food day to me! Looking forward to reading about it.

Definitely a real treat when we get to go to Ohana!

yes, last October when I took my mom for F&W and the Halloween party...we were booked in a regular room and pixie dusted with club level. club level was fine, but I'd have rather had a regular door!!

Ah yes I remember this. It's a tough toss up but yes I would be so annoyed at the door!

You and your sister are so much fun together! Enjoying your new trip report :smickey:

Thank you so much!:)

I also had the Totchos and thought they were pretty yummy :).

They were! They are like chilli cheese fries but so much better :)
BTW I am reading your TR right now as well and loving it. Will comment soon!

Do you happen to know how much a pressed penny book is? I found one of Amazon for $20. Wondering if I should buy it ahead of time or get one there??

They are around 12.95, and I believe you can get one on shop Disney online, so 20 bucks is way too much!

That was one long, jam-packed (no pun intended!) day! No wonder you were so exhausted!

It certainly was! And we've had our fair share of jam, at least chunkysis did!

Were you in a regular BC room or in the Villas? I stayed there once in a regular room and I loved it…that lobby smells amazing! That door staying open like that would make me crazy too. Happy they were able to move you!

OMG that lobby smells amazing, I want that scent for my house. I'm nervous to get the candles as I think they wouldn't exactly be the same but I may plunge and get one. We were in the regular rooms, we visited the DVC side building and it's gorgeous! I really want to stay in the DVC side one day. We did use their laundry though!

Loving your vlogs!

Thank you! :)

Loving your TR so far! September was too hot for us last year, going in three weeks and hoping for reasonable weather. Your dresses are so cute

Thank you!! Yes it was SUPER hot. I was melting every day. I keep saying I won't go back during Labor day but it's our 3rd labor day trip - it's just because it's so cheap during that time that it's hard to pass up a good deal!

Hmmmm, seems like you really didn't have the best luck at the resort! Between the accessible room not working very well for you guys, and then the weird TV issue. :confused3 But I guess those are minor issues in the scheme of things. Good that they finally were able to get you moved at least!

No we did not have good room mojo in terms of getting what we wanted including a working TV, but I loved the location of our second room. it was so close to the market place that I didn't have to go far if I wanted to get something and we were so close to Epcot that it didn't matter and we barely watched TV on this trip anyways. But maybe on a different trip I'd have requested someone to come fix it.

Also, I shouldn't have read this update hungry, because now all I want in life is Teppan Edo, and a side of those tasty-looking totchos. Too bad that you weren't feeling super hungry with the impact of the heat—I know EXACTLY how this feels, having done May and August trips the last two summers. Uggh.

Yes! I'm not one to shy away from food at all (quite the opposite actually), but it really pained me to just not feel really in the mood to eat. It was mostly during the day though because the heat was just overwhelming. When I finally got used to it later in the week my appetite certainly returned!

Bummer on the accessible room. Of course they need to have them and I love how accessible Disney is overall but I would have been disappointed too. I haven't been to Teppan Edo in years... might be time to revisit. I'm also very intrigued by the new restaurant coming to the pavilion -- think it's a steakhouse? Ah, Steve and his hydroponics. How was his crop this year? I seriously think his basement garden is one of the best things I've ever heard. Alas, I am not very engineer/mechanically oriented and I have a black thumb of death so I don't think a garden of my own is in the cards. But I do love that ride. I am definitely putting totchos on my must-do list for my October trip!

Yeah i had hopped for a non accessible room considering that is what we had booked but at least they were able to move us. Teppan Edo is a good every so often restaurant for us. I too am also intrigued by the new restaurant. I am not sure what they will be serving but I hope it's something more traditional like kaiseki or something truly unique!

Seriously, without a PM or heads up, I'm going to miss new threads. Every. Single. Time. So sorry, ChunkyMonster. ;)

No worries! I do that ALL the time. I am lucky I caught your new PTR/TR!!

YAY! You made it!

Yes! It was crazy how quickly that morning flew by but so happy to make it to Toy Story Land for the first time!

Yeah, I think with that many people, it just wasn't going to work- totally can see that. What a pain if you don't need it.

Yes, totally. It wasn't requested so I don't know why they gave it to us?

Nice package! The alcohol included really makes it far more worth it.

It was a good deal! We had great luck with all the packages!

Umm, that's not very long at all. Ruuuuuuuuuuun!

We sprinted to our room! Hahaha. Once inside we were ok because we didn't have to open the door again but that initial run was crazy!

Huh. You'd think that you'd have to specifically request an accessible room. I mean.. how many can they have?

Exactly! They kinda just stuck us there I suppose.

My youngest DD and I had a really nice time here. I'd go again. :)

Me too! It's always a fun time and the food is good.

Not a beer drinker, but... that looks really cool!

I like fruity and refreshing beers so this was right up my alley!

:laughing: I'd be right there with Steve. ::yes::

Continuing the bro-mance. I got it.

Hmmm... they look pretty good. Too bad.

Looks are deceiving! They weren't very flavorful and a bit dry.

I didn't know she was still performing. Huh!

I think she does the mall circuit and performs with other 80s and 90s acts.

Ew. But... the show must go on.

It must. Her dry cleaning bill must be insane!

Glad to hear! Haven't heard too many reviews yet.

It's a lot of fun and so cute! We loved it!

Hmmm... don't know if I'd order that... maybe?

It was quite yummy!

Wow! You've been home like 10 days and you are on page 7 already. Talking about Crazy Dis Asian Royalty :-)

Love that you got to see Tiffany. Total middle school fan here too. I remember my brother defacing her album with crazy eye brows and devils horns and I thought it was the worst thing to ever happen to me :P

Glad to see Beach Club gave you another room. We stayed there last month too and I have to say I was less than impressed. More to come whenever i finally get our dining report started but this should give you an idea of some of it...
P1000163.jpg

i stayed at boardwalk a few years ago and was given an accessible room too that i didnt need. i didnt really realize thats what it was at first i just keep thinking. why is there so much open space in this room it feels so empty, but i had already fully unpacked. i was surprised they gave it up, what if someone was it need? it was right next to the lobby though, that was nice.

OMG that lobby smells amazing, I want that scent for my house. I'm nervous to get the candles as I think they wouldn't exactly be the same but I may plunge and get one.

I have the BLT candle and it smells JUST like it! I should get the BC one too ::yes::

Last edited:
We got through bag check and security and I got the purple Mickey when I scanned my band to enter (it means DVC).
That's cool :) I Never realized it turned anything other than blue or green!

jPUl2usGfThDCyRxRI-3WerJ-RjHYH9a5GZx09xeMrQHpTl2jqczqieuuM4QlHMcYNRTx72n2NtnzU3gYpzeb0xELfMJUQfFZRjd7VcCtAh160-JYbyAmvQ0zkuMB8Lnvhswc7tWgWfYT6Z-nySYmpOkCnMS0bPX9H-K2lOcvgL_l2Ea6qqwHLHUrMjgMssQMO9JFpUHaYfkvcs4AlI5f6W6T3rXdbmEYcndMyTv2CfTCuNxXEGBeu3CBPwupLvui30doq8ewc33vpDm5vS7jOInMxg5z91s908ESRahAiJUVkoiT-74iwCQVQ45aVtkcq7s1PGgmKUqyEg0gx2XrR913gyfs8URv24gyy_zIe3XacP_eHNLRTQ33C5JRCuCqIqUd893v5AQwyPQAMZWEQMfj-LJGp3Kc8IhO12iraLD7ZNPbXXprRt1uMPcvAxLM6fegngLWwOsbb_-ctl-rlxtatmRr1Ukot9mCsyjyIKLayVRJzMluIvOl01VC0DwbUyYqJkFXn7b264IVEK18N6AB6KRslCRGrBg4t33AutihV0JkXXJlW4Hb8IFWCqZd6REBQhnZSWUbM9iagExTharhAjXok5f0BkMoKvHn5Pz1pLYO34z6JstTmsq9e3j=w600-h800-no
Awesome! :)

One of my students was there with his family and the dad told me he couldn't believe the Epcot crowds that day. I tried to explain about festivals....he thought they were all there just for Tiffany :)

Maybe I shouldn't let them back in until they memorized the schedule.

After a couple of days of Tony constantly asking me "what are we doing next?" I got really irritated with him. I mean I had only been talking about the plans FOR MONTHS!!! So each morning when we got to the bus stop I would quiz him. Which bus should we take? What is our first fast pass? Where are our dining reservations? Sadly, I just had to keep saying "just follow me". :sad2::sad2::sad2:

After a couple of days of Tony constantly asking me "what are we doing next?" I got really irritated with him. I mean I had only been talking about the plans FOR MONTHS!!! So each morning when we got to the bus stop I would quiz him. Which bus should we take? What is our first fast pass? Where are our dining reservations? Sadly, I just had to keep saying "just follow me". :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Now I'm wondering whether I was spoiled by the app on Disney Cruise Lines. Will the rest of the group not be able to see everything on their own phone via the app? MDE? I'm assuming DH will be able to see everything I've scheduled for us.

Wow! You've been home like 10 days and you are on page 7 already. Talking about Crazy Dis Asian Royalty :-)

Aww thanks. That's a pretty cool title. :) I feel like Mulan.

Love that you got to see Tiffany. Total middle school fan here too. I remember my brother defacing her album with crazy eye brows and devils horns and I thought it was the worst thing to ever happen to me :P

Noooo! Blasphemy!!
I loved Debbie Gibson and Tiffany!

Glad to see Beach Club gave you another room. We stayed there last month too and I have to say I was less than impressed. More to come whenever i finally get our dining report started but this should give you an idea of some of it...
p1000163-jpg.353543

Oh no, you must have been near the construction? It didn't really affect us only that small quiet pool that is close to Epcot. That got noise during the day so when I tried to use the jaccuzzi, it wasn't very...relaxing.

It's supposed to go down the hatch. If it's up your alley, you're doing it wrong.

Thank you for the mapquest directions.

i stayed at boardwalk a few years ago and was given an accessible room too that i didnt need. i didnt really realize thats what it was at first i just keep thinking. why is there so much open space in this room it feels so empty, but i had already fully unpacked. i was surprised they gave it up, what if someone was it need? it was right next to the lobby though, that was nice.

I know! I guess they have more accessible rooms than they needed at that point, but why give us one when there was clearly another room available?
It was definitely a bit more spacious because the room didn't have a couch. I only realized that after we moved to the second room. But the couch made a great luggage rack for us, LOL.

I have the BLT candle and it smells JUST like it! I should get the BC one too ::yes::

Ooh nice! Are they the spireside candles?

That's cool :) I Never realized it turned anything other than blue or green!

Us either until we became DVC members! :)

Awesome! :)

One of my students was there with his family and the dad told me he couldn't believe the Epcot crowds that day. I tried to explain about festivals....he thought they were all there just for Tiffany :)

Hahaha, that would be really nice for her if that were the case! It was really only die-hard fans at the show. Our reserved section row only had about 5 people in total!

Yeah, welcome to my life as a Disney planner! Haha.

Now I'm wondering whether I was spoiled by the app on Disney Cruise Lines. Will the rest of the group not be able to see everything on their own phone via the app? MDE? I'm assuming DH will be able to see everything I've scheduled for us.

They can all see the app! Everyone has access to the entire schedule on the app as long as you're linked to them and made plans for them. But Steve never bothered to check (why would he when he has me?) and my sister only looked at the app to see her photopass pictures. Story of my life, LOL.

My dear husband doesn't have the app on his phone. If he did, he would be able to follow along with the plans. However, it's just so much easier to tell me the things he wants to do, the places he wants to eat and the rides he wants to ride and have me plan. And then bug me all day about "what's next??"!!!

LOL.... "His drink is girlier than mine!" Yes, yes it is :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, how did Tiffany not melt completely in that ensemble? She sounded so good... I would have totally been fan-girling and reliving my Jr. High years too...hee hee!

Good call on switching rooms; the Standard Room at the Beach Club was so pretty! We just became DVC members this past Spring and are taking our first DVC trip this December. I didn't know that the Mickey icon would/could turn purple when we scan our MagicBands, SO COOL!
:cool1:

My dear husband doesn't have the app on his phone. If he did, he would be able to follow along with the plans. However, it's just so much easier to tell me the things he wants to do, the places he wants to eat and the rides he wants to ride and have me plan. And then bug me all day about "what's next??"!!!

Yup same here, although Steve doesn't even tell me what he wants to do really, he knows that I will just book whatever I want and luckily that includes stuff he likes too, like Ohana and Yachtsman and FoP. LOL. I try and tell him about new stuff all the time and he's like, uh huh uh huh but doesn't really care. He has to see it to really appreciate it. When I told him about the FoTLK dining package he didn't really care for it but after the experience he absolutely loved it and thought it was an amazing deal, haha.
LOL.... "His drink is girlier than mine!" Yes, yes it is :rotfl2:

I don't think he realized it would be pink! I think there was only one martini option in the menu that was available on the dining plan, and knowing Steve, he has to get the most expensive drink because he thinks it is more bang for your buck on a package. LOL

Oh my gosh, how did Tiffany not melt completely in that ensemble? She sounded so good... I would have totally been fan-girling and reliving my Jr. High years too...hee hee!

I know, I felt her pain, I was sitting and I was melting in the heat. It was horrendous how hot it was. If I were her I'd only perform in October and later, LOL.

Good call on switching rooms; the Standard Room at the Beach Club was so pretty! We just became DVC members this past Spring and are taking our first DVC trip this December. I didn't know that the Mickey icon would/could turn purple when we scan our MagicBands, SO COOL!

Congrats!! Where is your home resort?
I didn't realize it would turn purple either, but it doesn't happen all the time so I'm not sure why sometimes it's purple and sometimes it's green. But when it's purple the CM always says "Welcome Home!" :)

My husband generally likes to participate in trip planning but WDW gives him conniptions. The idea of booking your meals six months out and booking your rides three months out. Picking a specific hotel room. He finds that level of detail insane and oppressive, even though I keep pointing out it's all optional.

Yay!!!! Another TR. I love reading your adventures. We tip ME, but I don't recall anyone else tipping. And, what happened to your knee??? I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on the trip.

I'm here! And you're only on page 7 before I realized you'd started it :laughing: I'm all caught up but somehow my quotes all disappeared :sad2:

I'm meeting up with @pkondz today and we'll surely miss you. I think to compensate, we should all plan to meet someday [soon] at Disney :thumbsup2 ::yes::

Congrats!! Where is your home resort?
I didn't realize it would turn purple either, but it doesn't happen all the time so I'm not sure why sometimes it's purple and sometimes it's green. But when it's purple the CM always says "Welcome Home!" :)

We had a choice between Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge or Aulani ....and while Hawaii did seem heavenly, Cooper Creek felt more "home away from home" for us :) So we are proud Copper Creek owners... wooo hooo!!!! I can't wait to hear those magic words... "Welcome Home!" Our DVC stay in December will be at Bay Lake Tower in a Theme Park View room... this will be a first for us and our first time at Deluxe Resort.... so we're just beyond excited!:yay:

My husband generally likes to participate in trip planning but WDW gives him conniptions. The idea of booking your meals six months out and booking your rides three months out. Picking a specific hotel room. He finds that level of detail insane and oppressive, even though I keep pointing out it's all optional.

yeah, with Disney you can be as detailed as you want...which is great for people who are very into those sorts of things. I book dining, ADRs and events ahead of time but I generally don't go to the level of asking for a specific room. I'll just leave it up to chance, but maybe I should have for this trip considering we got an accessible room that we didn't want!

Yay!!!! Another TR. I love reading your adventures. We tip ME, but I don't recall anyone else tipping. And, what happened to your knee??? I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on the trip.

Thank you!!
Yeah my knee...boo, it's basically a kneecap issue. It's called Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome. It's pretty common but it's basically because I wore my knee out and have a muscle imbalance so that my kneecap was moving all over too much. It's so annoying as it literally causes pain in each step. It's much better now but I have a few more sessions of PT then I have to do exercises on my own.
It did slow me down a lot the last few days of the trip but I still did a lot of walking, probably not the best thing to do, but we were at Disney and we had things to do!

I'm here! And you're only on page 7 before I realized you'd started it :laughing: I'm all caught up but somehow my quotes all disappeared :sad2:

I'm meeting up with @pkondz today and we'll surely miss you. I think to compensate, we should all plan to meet someday [soon] at Disney :thumbsup2 ::yes::

Hi Tracy!!
Hi @pkondz!

Hope you're not having too much fun without me. :sad:
Actually you're probably having more fun now that I'm not there. :rotfl:
I like the idea of meeting soon at Disney!! :thumbsup2

We had a choice between Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge or Aulani ....and while Hawaii did seem heavenly, Cooper Creek felt more "home away from home" for us :) So we are proud Copper Creek owners... wooo hooo!!!! I can't wait to hear those magic words... "Welcome Home!" Our DVC stay in December will be at Bay Lake Tower in a Theme Park View room... this will be a first for us and our first time at Deluxe Resort.... so we're just beyond excited!:yay:

Congratulations! Copper Creek is so beautiful! I have never stayed at WL but I really want to stay at Copper Creek!
Wow a Theme Park View at BLT...sounds like a dream come true!! Have a great time and I think you will really enjoy staying there! It's like a stone's throw away from MK!

Yeah my knee...boo, it's basically a kneecap issue. It's called Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome. It's pretty common but it's basically because I wore my knee out and have a muscle imbalance so that my kneecap was moving all over too much. It's so annoying as it literally causes pain in each step. It's much better now but I have a few more sessions of PT then I have to do exercises on my own.
It did slow me down a lot the last few days of the trip but I still did a lot of walking, probably not the best thing to do, but we were at Disney and we had things to do!

Oh I've had that! So painful. The exercises worked though.

Our chef came and whipped up his magic. I got the Filet Mignon, and Steve and CS both got the Steak and Shrimp dinner. We started off with some sauteed udon noodles with vegetables.
I haven't eaten at Teppan Edo since we had a less than stellar experience back in 2010. Yours looks really good though!

After our late lunch we had about an hour and a half before our concert at 5:30pm so Steve and I went to do some rides. We walked all the way to The Land and went on Steve's favorite ride:
Love LWTL!

I love how they have seasonal displays all the time, so there's something new to see!
That's awesome! I didn't notice that when I was there the week before.

Three princesses and a magic shot! Good job Chunkysis!
Well done!

Back at DHS, back in Toy Story Land and finally we get to ride Slinky Dog!!
Such a fun ride!

While we were in Toy Story, CS was busy:
Props to your sister!

I think I finally got my appetite back so we got the: "Totchos" Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and signature Queso with Tomatoes and Corn Chips finished with Sour Cream and a sprinkle of Green Onions
These look so yummy!

This ride is exactly like Tomater's Junkyard Jamboree in Disney's California Adventure. It's really cute, you kinda get spun around, but it's not that dizzying, or at least not as much as you think! My sister loved this ride on Tomater and loved it here too! the music is so cute. It's like if Aliens were to have a hoe-down, it would be this ride.
It is so cute... nothing I would wait more than 15-20 minutes for but very cute!

I forgot to mention I already got asked 6 times today "What time is lunch?" :headache:
haha........memorize the schedule!

I'm meeting up with @pkondz today and we'll surely miss you.

We did! We even talked about you.

Well, Tracy was all dissing you and...

No. Wait...

oh.

That's DISing you. That's okay.

I think to compensate, we should all plan to meet someday [soon] at Disney :thumbsup2 ::yes::

::yes::

Hi Tracy!!
Hi @pkondz!

:wave:

Hope you're not having too much fun without me. :sad:

Oh, it was terrible. Just terrible. Right Tracy? (psst…. @Tracy161 , just go with it.)

Actually you're probably having more fun now that I'm not there. :rotfl:

Well next time, don't break body parts and join us! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter