CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...NEW 2/9 Tier 1 TIFFINS!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by chunkymonkey, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Your Passholder morning in TSL sounds amazing! How fun to have no crowds and get to ride as many times as you wanted.

Love love love that greeting card. I also did not know that you could give a gift to the characters. I hope one of the "friends" gets to keep it as a moment of their time.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  2. wdw&sonny

wdw&sonny DIS Veteran

Well, it's a cold day in Cleveland. My University is closed, but I'm at work = slow day. Headed to WDW next Weds. Reading along with your September '17 TR and enjoying it. Then along comes the news about real life and your dad. I'm a 54 y.o. self-proclaimed tough guy. I don't show my emotions. I'm glad no one is here to see me drying my tears. When people ask me why I'm going to WDW, again, I always say "to escape real life".
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tinkerbell1991

tinkerbell1991 DIS Veteran

Loving your report so far x

chunkymonkey likes this.
  5. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

I think we sat in the same booth earlier that month....seems so long ago.

My 17 yo takes Digestive Advantage for her lactose intolerance. She is borderline too. Only some foods set her off: ice cream and pizza. But the pills allows her to eat that stuff and have no ‘problems’

We got a mini Mickey too. We ate there for lunch and my kids wanted the kitchen sink but I told them no since we were full from lunch. The next day we got it and sat at our pool table and ate it. Myself, my 17 and 12 yo dtrs and my husband had a little. My son had his own bowl of dairy free ice cream and was glad not to share with us!

First off, OMG the card! Just so...OMG? No words!

And that darn boat. My older 2 kids wanted to ride SDD one more time. We were moving to the Poly so I was thinking of taking the dreaded bus over either early morning or at night. But then I told them if they wake up and we get to the Baotou for about 6am we can go Monday which was the day we were moving. They both said fine. We get to the boat, wait, others were there waiting. Some lady said she asked the front desk and they told her the boat would be running.

Well it was not. So at 6:15 we walked, well not walked but trotted. I had just got out of the shower probably at about 5:45. Well, we made it to DHS by about 6:30-35 and I was drenched! We were farther back then we were a few days prior to that but the wait wasn’t bad. I think we were off by 7-7:05 and they walked us over at about 6:50. They rode RnR and I waited for them. We were on the boat by 7:30, dropped off our luggage and at the IG by 8:30.

I had 10K steps by the time we were on the boat back to the BC and that wa my 30K step day, not including swimming.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  6. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Whaaaat?! How have I not heard of this?! :confused3 :faint:

Amazing!!!

::yes::

While I've seen a lot of AS2s around here, I commend you for keeping it real :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 What a way to start the day!

:goodvibes Awwww it must have made their day!

So cute!!! :goodvibes

chunkymonkey likes this.
  7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Wow that was a SUPER productive morning for you guys! Stinks that you had to make that walk though.

Also that card CS made is SUPER adorable!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  8. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

Wow that's incredible!! I wish they would do events like that more often at all the parks.

HA that's exactly what I was going to say in response! I've seen a short AP line maybe once.

That is so cute! The card is perfect and I love how excited they were.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  9. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

That's one of the sorriest looking Starlords that I've seen! :laughing:

Makes sense to me! Dues are dues! I call them my "monthly subscription to Disney", which entitles me to stay there any time that I want as long there is availability!

I've never seen anyone inside there and I own there and have stayed multiple times!

If you're traveling at times that aren't F&G or F&W you can get it right at the 7 month mark. That's one of the reasons I own there, we bought our last few contracts at the smallest resorts thinking that places like AKL would be easy to get into.

This is one of my new favorites since they replaced the Fisherman's Pie with this.

I just have a hard time with things that have meatless food mimicking meat. I'd rather eat the meat. I have some vegan recipes that I really like, but not because they are vegan, because they taste good.

:crazy2: :crazy2: You know how I feel on the subject of Coconut!

Yay! And only 45 days until I get to enjoy the place too!

Congratulations on your Mickey pants! You can also get those at Clarabelle's in DCA.

Attached Files:

chunkymonkey likes this.
  10. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Which is why I write my updates well in advance (based on trip notes from my Google doc), and read them over like three or four times before they ever see the light of the internet! :laughing: You had cleaned it all up by the time that I got here....so far behind!

I bet that would have been great fun to attend!

How awesome! I'm just hoping to get on it four times in my entire trip in March!

I'm not sure I could ride that second one even more than once. I felt really icky the last time I rode Mader's ride in Carsland.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Do they take pictures of the 1 day passholders when they enter for the first time in WDW or is that just a DL thing?

I'm not sure about the characters, but we bring Ghiradelli chocolates on the cruises and give them to all the photographers and handlers at the character photos. By the end of the cruise they give you top notch service!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  11. we"reofftoneverland

we"reofftoneverland DIS Veteran

That card is amazing

chunkymonkey likes this.
  12. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

Mine too!

An Epcot evening spent strolling around with bevvies and nibbles is pure perfection!

I love the tomato bisque there! It is a lot of ice cream for sure.

Too cute!

Lucky you!

Wow!!!!

Super cute pics!

Love when that happens!

So beautiful...she is talented!

Love this picture, the card and the dress!!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  13. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

That is just the best, when you can just go on over and over with no waiting, makes you feel so productive!

I might puke on that ride, but I just love the theming!

That is so awesome!! Love that pic!

Her card and dress, both so adorable!!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  14. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Holy cow! That is so awesome!

Unbelievable!

Sooo cute!! Both the card and the dress are fantastic; what a fun little M&G!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  15. cinderaimee

cinderaimee Mouseketeer

Catching up on your last few updates..

That Mickey pants sink is so stinking cute!

We did the path from Boardwalk to HS before all the construction began and it wasn't so bad, hopefully once everything is done it won't be such a long walk.

Your sister's Up dress is so sweet and I can't believe she made that card - that's some real talent!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  16. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

What an amazing morning in TSL! Getting to ride SDD so many times must have been the coolest thing!

Love the pics with Russel & Dug- your sister's gift to them was adorable, so well done!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  17. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Call me scent o’ mental.

It would be! It lights up too!

He's building a mudroom now! I'll show a reveal once it's done. It's gonna be a while though! #Ilivewithsawdust

I think it may have been a cider!

So yummy!

It makes it much more rewarding! I'm gonna get another Tiki mug too!

What day are you going to Yachtsman? I will see if my friend David is working there!
    I really hope that we won't get another shutdown. That would be terrible.
    Su-Queen is certainly dedicated!

Thanks! They really did! They are so delighted to get stuff like that!!

I think it was always so hot when we did it that it just felt longer! And now with the bus maze...it's terrible!

It's really really fun. I wasn't expecting much either, but I loved it and so did Steve.

Ah gotcha, I wasn't sure on the whole gift policy but I guess it's really nice to get homemade gifts (that aren't food). I would certainly appreciate it if I were a CM!

Haha Yes! And I know you just got one and signed up for it!! So YES! See ya at MK at Passholder Playtime! (if not sooner than that)

OMG just the worst walk in the heat....

6 total! Yeah that event was awesome. I wish they still offered it.
    I had to pay for the After Hours event on March 2nd.

Thank you!

Feel free to try, I am certain it will be 100% less spastic than mine.

Thank you! She definitely has the only artistic talent in the family!

kastoney likes this.
  18. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

It really was one of the funnest moments from our trip!

It was the best AP event we went to!!! sure beat the one we had later in the week that you'll soon find out.

Yeah the walk is hard esp in the heat but we made do. We were exicted to ride Slinky dog!

haha my sister plans and plans for weeks. I do all my packing the night before. LOL.

See? If you were an AP you could have done it too!

Not in the heat?

Yeah it wasn't "nice"

So many censored words...

Oh good. Life-sized?

Thanks for point out that out.

Haha you'd do the robot too on the 6th try.

The backdrop is quite big!!

Right? I feuly expected some clueless AP holders to be on the line but I guess we got all the good ones today.

Love him!

It was so fun!! Loved every minute of it.

Thanks! It really was the best hour, there were no crowds at all and just a few of us going on the same rides over and over again. We loved it!

I'm sure the friends are now fighting for the card. Maybe it's displayed somewhere in the "lounge" below AK. :laughing:

19. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Nice one! :thumbsup2
    Scentsational pun.

Actually thinking about it...

Oh yes.

::yes::

that would make it too hard to throw in the air.
    At least high enough for the chute to open.

:laughing: Quite possibly.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  20. loveDisneyinTN

loveDisneyinTN Mouseketeer

Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO officially on here! As always, love your Trip Reports!!!!! :daisy:

chunkymonkey likes this.
  21. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Thank you so much. You are so kind. Everyone here on the boards has been so wonderful and supportive. It's such an escape even on a daily basis to just come to the boards and read about everyone's love of Disney. I totally am escapist, and Disney is the one place I know I can truly have a grand time. Thank you, thank you. :)

Thank you so much!

Thanks for the tip on the probiotics!! I hope that it will work for me too! I currently just don't eat that much dairy, but I still allow cheese and butter because I love it so much. I heard ghee instead of butter is better since it is clarified butter so I will try that too.

Maybe one day we will attempt the kitchen sink! Maybe they will sub in some sorbet instead of the ice cream? :laughing:

Thanks! She very talented and she has such a passion for crafts...totally not my forte but someone in our family had to be good at artsy stuff!

Woah! That's a ton of walking! I can see them not starting the boats too early because of noise, but then again this is Disney and so many people are up at the crack of dawn for their chance at SDD...so they need to take a cue form that! :laughing:

I don't know! The email literally comes and the spots are gone within the blink of an eye. I just happened to be lucky to be checking my email at a certain time.
    Just doin' my part on the boards. A.S.S. deserves it's chance in the spotlight! :littleangel:

So much fun!!

Totally! I'm sure it set the tone for the day considering we were the first people on line!

Yeah that walk was craaazy long but oh well it was worth it in the end!!

Thank you! It really is a cute card!

Tracy161 likes this.