cravings

simba20

DIS Veteran
What do you do when you have a craving for something and it won't go away?

I have tried the:
-- wait 15 minute trick (umm my craving has been existing for three days)
-- substituting something healthier (the craving is for somethign sweet, so I have eaten tons of fruit).
-- do other activities (I walked, I did laundry....)

Anyway, after three days I finally gave in and ran to the store and bought said craving. Limited myself to a small amount, but yet feel so bad.

What do you do when you have a craving for something and it won't go away?
...Limited myself to a small amount, but yet feel so bad.
If the list you tried failed, then what you did is what you should have. (in my opinion) Don't feel too badly. Feel in control that you were able to limit yourself. Think positive. Move forward. Perhaps the next time it will be easier. If not, I'd say repeat what you've just done and count your caloric intake try limiting something else.

Do your best to be healthy and make those healthy choices.

Make it successes you count and celebrate.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

If the list you tried failed, then what you did is what you should have. (in my opinion) Don't feel too badly. Feel in control that you were able to limit yourself. Think positive. Move forward. Perhaps the next time it will be easier. If not, I'd say repeat what you've just done and count your caloric intake try limiting something else.

Do your best to be healthy and make those healthy choices.

Make it successes you count and celebrate.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks. I have done very well, trying to count out sugary snacks/sweets since I started walking. When I exercise, I find that I am not as hungry and have to remind myself to eat (not that I am trying to hold myself back). Amazingly, I haven't had any real desire for anything sweet. I have some Easter candy for my daughter's treat bags for her daycare party, and although I tell myself I could have a piece or two, I never partake. Then this craving hit over the weekend, and I tried to avoid it.

I have read that sometimes when your body craves something, it needs the nurtients found within (pickles=body wants salt, etc.....). So I wonder what my body wanted from Creme Mint Oreos??? LOL!!! :rotfl: :rotfl::confused3

If it is a serious craving I just have to go ahead and eat it. If not I keep eating other things and it is way worse. I was craving brownies the day before yesterday and ate a bunch of other junk. Yesterday I made some black bean brownies, had one and no more craving. :thumbsup2

i find it's better overall to eat the craved food, otherwise i'll eat like 4-5-6 other snacks and still have the craving. while if i would've just eaten a portion controlled amount of the craved food i would've saved myself alot of extra/empty calories

this is a lifestyle....it's ok to incorporate indulgences....i think the key is planning for it and adjusting if need be for the day

I never tell myself I can't have something, I can have whatever I want. This mind set goes a long way in keeping things in check. I can have it therefore the craving for it isn't there. It's a mind trick but it works for me. :thumbsup2

If it's a small craving I can usually have a piece of sugar free gum or some crystal light and that helps. I also take yummy calcium supplements that taste like lemon cake lol.

If it's really bad like I'm craving oreos or cake. I will have 2 oreos or just a sliver of cake and call it a day. I've learned that I don't NEED to eat 6 or 12 oreos. A few will do. Now this took a long time to come to that realization and I still have a good ways to go. I'm hoping that one day I'll realize that I don't need ANY, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter