Crap, Delta prices jumped $140!

2 Little Mermaids

Mouseketeer
Checking flights (as always on Tues. after 3pm) looking for the new deals, when Delta went from $281- $419 per person round trip. Kicking myself for not getting them at $281 but thought 7 months out is still early and was hoping the prices would come down a bit. Now I'll happily pay $281, if they drop again. Or is that their plan? Oh Delta you sneaky buggers!

I know!!! My friend and I decided to go in mid-April and we waited to buy until this afternoon because Tuesday at 3:00 p.m is usually the best time to buy -- NOT!! Went from $281 to $419 - YIKES! Sure hope the fares go back down. We are not going to pay $419 to fly from Detroit to Orlando. We just won't go.

I purchased our plane tickets yesterday, because i'm terrified of what gas prices will be in August, so that took out driving, and I figured if gas prices go up, so will plane ticket prices. I got two tickets nonstop from Columbus to Orlando for 499.20. :worship:

Good Enough for me.

I hope you find something! *pixie dust*:hug:

$419 pp----jeepers---you could drive for less than that. Even taking 2 days and paying for a hotel room. Even if gas was $5.00 a gal.

7 months out is really far for booking flights unless it's Thanksgiving or Christmas week.

We are flying out of detroit as well. Normally fly AirTran from Flint but they were more than Delta and no more direct flights. I was so tempted to by the tickets yest. but thought is was too early. So hoping they go back down. Thanks for the pixie dust.

I hear you! I am heading to FL in April and when I looked at tickets there were about $350. When I then had the $ to buy them a few weeks later, they had skyrocketed and are now at $650+ per person!:scared1:Sheesh! We're flying from Boston, not the North Pole.:laughing: Since I couldn't pay those prices, even if I wanted to, I'm pretty sure we're going to rent a car and drive. It'll be about $900 for 5 people instead of over $3000.

Good luck to everyone looking.:goodvibes

Frontier went up $90 pp ONE WAY yesturday Waaaaa!

I am really worried about booking. September is really far away - but when you look at closer dates they are high too.

Is conventional wisdom going to apply this year when Oil prices are so 'in the news'?

That is the Million Dollare Question

And even though I am looking at Southwest (now that frontier is so high) it's a moot point that I could get a rebate. I would not be booking another flight within the use-by date.

Here's hoping they come down a bit, planning a trip in November, not only did the price jump, but the number of actual flights dropped. It's still early to book, but I'm scared now, it's almost doubled.

I hear ya! I bought our tickets a few weeks ago...got nervous as they weren't going down. Ended up paying $270 for four and $320 for two....almost double what we've paid the last five years out of DTW. Looks like our annual trip may turn into an every other year trip.:(

I think everybody took it on the chin this week jetblue upped their rate 70 bucks a ticket for NY to Orlando from stewart hoping for discount code for march

We have been watching also for October. I usually buy 5- 6 months out. The most I have ever paid is $179rt, this year everything is running $260-270. I cannot pay that much for our family. Good luck!

Checking flights (as always on Tues. after 3pm) looking for the new deals, when Delta went from $281- $419 per person round trip. Kicking myself for not getting them at $281 but thought 7 months out is still early and was hoping the prices would come down a bit. Now I'll happily pay $281, if they drop again. Or is that their plan? Oh Delta you sneaky buggers!

Your location is listed as Canada. I'm in northern Minnesota and I haven't seen $419 in about 5-6 years. How were you even getting that price? (great price to me!) LOL
Right now I'm looking at $720 per person. Makes me gag.

Your location is listed as Canada. I'm in northern Minnesota and I haven't seen $419 in about 5-6 years. How were you even getting that price? (great price to me!) LOL
Right now I'm looking at $720 per person. Makes me gag.

omgosh are you serious? wow we would never fly anywhere at that price! I'm in northwest upper corner of iowa, but we are driving to fly out of des moines to orlando in april and ended up getting our tickets at 211 a piece RT. I was really worried for awhile, i looked in jan and they had great prices like 180pp RT but we didnt have the money to buy yet and when i did they had skyrocketed up to 350pp. I waited another week and frantically bit my nails lol.....and luckily it went back down! i bought through expedia, we are flying delta.

To DisMN

I live in southwestern Ontario, only 1 hr north of Detroit. So I was looking at flights out of Detroit to Orlando. Delta has 5 direct flights a day from there. The past 4 years I've paid $180-200 return per person. Here I wasn't happy with $419 let alone $281. I could not even imagine $720 per person.

Delta is cutting routes, and jacking up fares. I have NEVER seen the likes of this. No early or mid morning flights and prices fluctuating (daily) between $450 and $700. :crazy2:

What do you guys think I should do? I know you are waiting but do you think it will go down as you get closer? I always book when I know I'm going away and usually have to wait for the air to open and usually get around $200 - $300 R/T from EWR to MCO. I just booked EWR to FLL for Memorial Day weekend for $239 R/T, which I thought was great. That price came out on a Saturday morning and by noon, it was back up.

I am going to Disney August 26-September 3.
We do not want to be flexible with our outbound flight on time. Early morning/afternoon either from EWR or JFK and we must come home to EWR since my dh's car will be there (he and my ds will be flying in after us (my mom and me). The least expensive flights I can find run $400 per person.
My dh keeps saying we should book now since he fears they will just keep going up but I'm just not sure. What would you guys do?

I don't know, what to tell you. Normally, prices go down, especially if the flights are empty. Instead, they are completely cutting flights.

To DisMN

I live in southwestern Ontario, only 1 hr north of Detroit. So I was looking at flights out of Detroit to Orlando. Delta has 5 direct flights a day from there. The past 4 years I've paid $180-200 return per person. Here I wasn't happy with $419 let alone $281. I could not even imagine $720 per person.

Ahhh thanks. I knew there had to be an explanation. LOL Like you I sure hope the prices go down but......................

The rates went back down. Check again!

I bought my tickets today for $281. Not the greatest price, but certainly better than $420, which was insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter