Craig appreciation post!

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Snake the jake, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Snake the jake

Snake the jake Earning My Ears

hello all!

I just wanted to make a public post to thank Craig for all he does to make these weekly shows happen. Obviously everyone at the DIS is awesome, but between his sudden trip to Paris and all the coverage of Toy Story Land, Craig has really made the past couple weeks a ton of fun!

2. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

I remember when Dustin left thinking the show’s golden age was over. No one could take his place.

Craig has not only kept the show as good as it ever was, but maybe even elevated it to the best it’s ever been.

And it’s not like it’s just the Tuesday show... he produces EVERYTHING! Plus he’s the go-to host (along with John) when Pete is gone and co-hosts one of the best Disney history podcasts around. Not only that but he always gives us great videos around the park with Kylie. And the guy hops on a plane to Paris and then is back like the next day to produce the show!

I was lucky enough to pay him this compliment in person last year, and I’ll say it again. Craig carries the DIS on his back. I love everyone on the show and any one of them leaving would create a hole, but Craig is the MVP.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

5. Fantasia79

Fantasia79 DIS Veteran

Craig is great! I can’t believe how much he works for the DIS too. Just an incredible amount of time consuming work. Thanks, Craig!

SorcererHeidi and MaryKatesMom like this.
  6. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Go Craig!

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'm refraining from commenting for fear that Craig's head will get too big to fit in the production nook. :yo-yo:

8. amberg93

amberg93 DIS Veteran

Listen, if there was a Craig fan club I'd be a card carrying member. He does keep all the channels going and he does it amazingly. Plus, also, he and Kylie are like always the cutest.

9. resablue

resablue Earning My Ears

And does it all while being arguably the most picked on member of the team by almost everyone, but mostly the boss. I know it's probably all in fun, but it does get old. (Old to the viewer that is, Craig doesn't seem to be bothered by it)

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  10. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

Hats off to Craig !

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  11. Snake the jake

Snake the jake Earning My Ears

Right! I always get so excited to see a new Craig and Kylie vlog. They are so fun to watch!

12. stindall

stindall DIS Veteran

I’ll take a card too! Craig is the best, Craig and Kylie are the cutest. Good job on all fronts Craig!

13. ALWEASEL

ALWEASEL Earning My Ears

Craig does a tremendous amount of work, and does a great job at it. The Dis would not be as good without him. His editing skills are fantastic as are his hosting and attitude.
    And can we please get some lights back there. :thumbsup2

SorcererHeidi and MaryKatesMom like this.
  14. 33Legend

33Legend Earning My Ears

Great thread.

It's interesting is that we were planning a trip to Universal about a year and a half ago and Craig/Ryno on the Universal podcast led us to the DIS which now my wife and I listen to most of the podcasts.

I would echo all of the statements above. It seems like Craig is always working and has his part in everything from the podcasts, production, hosting/co-hosting multiple shows, and the vlogs. But I also think he is as interesting to listen to as anyone. What I really like is how his opinion isn't swayed. He could have Pete giving him a hard time and the entire group against him on an opinion and he would hold firm against them and a herd of elephants if need be.

Just an enormous and integral part of the DIS.

15. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic DIS Veteran

I agree with all of this so much. A thumbs up doesn’t do it justice. Best post, Tony, on this forum in recent memory.

16. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Haha well I certainly don’t agree (we got some good posters) but very nice of you to say!

17. Jafar30

Jafar30 DIS Veteran

Dilly dilly Craig

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  18. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father.

Kylie married him so I assume she has good taste :p

JerseyJanice and SorcererHeidi like this.
  19. Merry Mousketeer

Merry Mousketeer Hey there, hi there, ho there!

I can’t imagine “Connecting with Walt” without Craig. Assigning him as my co-host and producer was a brilliant move by Pete Werner. I look forward each week to our recording sessions because Craig makes it so much fun, and he enhances each episode with his humor and unique perspective. In addition, he provides creative ideas for content and handles all the production tasks to bring the show to our DIS family each week. Craig is not just a colleague; he is also a dear friend. Carol and I always enjoy spending time with Craig and Kylie when we are able.

20. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

We tend to only watch his videos. Love his personality!

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  21. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

I'll take a Craig fan club card too! He and Kylie are really kind sincere people.

Agreed!

SorcererHeidi likes this.