Craft room ideas anyone???

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
We're getting ready to put our house up for sale. We have a HUGE room upstairs that runs the entire depth of our house- and it has some exercise stuff in it.... and that's it- I'd say the room is probably 27x12. In the meantime, I have a Master Bedroom Closet FULL of Scrapbook stuff, Stamping stuff and all other kinds of craft STUFF. My plan is to use half of the upstairs room as the exercise room and the other half as a craft room, but I need to make it VERY attractive looking... on a realitively reasonable budget. SO, I'm wondering if some of you had some ideas for me? I need organizer things that are coordinated. DO they sell the stuff that Scrapbooking stores organize their stores with? Does anyone have any photos of their craft rooms that might give me some inspiration? I don't want built ins- I want to take it all wioth me for my new home.
So.... PLEASE ...... I need your BRILLIANT minds to help me think this through- any ideas??

What about the plastic crates they have now? They come in a ton of colors and they are stackable. There are also clear drawers on wheels. My son has 2 of them in his room. One is full of computer stuff and the other is cds and dvds and stuff. We have one in the attic as well with all the PS2 stuff, games, controlers, game magazines, etc..

DH built wooden shelves in DS closet for his stuff and it wasn't very expensive and they are on with brackets so all you do is remove the shelves and brackets and you're good to go..

I'll keep thinking :scratchin

Karebear1, I didn't want to do built-ins when I put together my craft room/office so I got two smallish (32 in wide) armoires from un unfinished wood store, painted them to match the walls and use those for storage. They have three drawers in the bottom and three shelves behind closed doors. I have one on each side of my crafting table (modular office furniture form Organized Living), which sits in front of the window. In a future life they can transfer to bedroom, guest room, den or whatever. My space is about 9x10 and and includes a desk for my computer and one piece of furniture that I can work at standing up (think baker's rack with an 18x36 surface). My computer desk also has a hutch type top where I keep most of my Disney paraphernalia.

BTW, this is Jackie (ibouncetoo) using my sisters computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter