Craft Beer and Cocktails Show?

Brewer_KJ

Earning My Ears
I've seen the shows about favorite places to eat and worst places to eat. I could be wrong but I don't think I've seen any show about favorite places to grab an adult beverage and light snack. My wife and I love finding little places to grab some AC and a drink. I know pete doesn't drink, but could be a fun show. If something like this has a already been filmed I would enjoy watching.
Cheers

Interesting suggestion. Perhaps we could all share our favorite (or not favorite) locations to have a beverage.

For us, a favorite was Mizners Lounge at the GF. We've tried the replacement only once but it seems nice.

On the other side, we didn't care for Big River Grill & Brew Works, which we tried several times a few years ago. Perhaps its time to try it again now that its reopened.

Reactions: GAN
I've seen the shows about favorite places to eat and worst places to eat. I could be wrong but I don't think I've seen any show about favorite places to grab an adult beverage and light snack. My wife and I love finding little places to grab some AC and a drink. I know pete doesn't drink, but could be a fun show. If something like this has a already been filmed I would enjoy watching.
Cheers

They did a best and worst bars on property a few years back I think it was right before or right after Baseline Taphouse opened up. I'm pretty sure at the moment the only 2 who drink are Craig and Ryno so not sure you'll see much content about drinks unfortunately, but I'm sure if you reached out to them and asked their current favorites they would be willing to share.

They definitely seem to shy away from reviewing alcoholic beverages or lounges, etc, that's a big hole in their coverage and I have to look elsewhere for that info.

They definitely seem to shy away from reviewing alcoholic beverages or lounges, etc, that's a big hole in their coverage and I have to look elsewhere for that info.

Yes. I made the suggestion before, and Craig replied that they are not really doing shows that focus on drinking. They want to keep it more family friendly. I think it is also out of respect for people who don’t drink, for various reasons.

many moons ago a crew of the dudes (corey for sure, maybe craig and dustin? a couple others?) went bar hopping along the monorail trail and it was a great. i got a real kick out of that and it made me want to try that with my friends someday

as for some suggestions for you all. i do like whiskey and found some gems
Crockett's Tavern has a nice selection including common favorites like Buffalo Trace, Turkey 101. It is a cute spot overlooking the campground and you can see the water as well.
Morimoto Asia has its own barrel select of Maker's Mark. If you like Maker's you obviously need to try their version of it.
Jock Lindsey's has the Disney-exclusive barrel select of Knob Creek. A couple restaurants have this in springs. Also on the water.

the Disney Knob Creek was good enough to the point i was asking how to purchase it and nobody knew a spot selling it retail. Shame.

Quite a few of the reviews on the Disney Dining page of Youtube has reviews on cocktails while dining. While I know this isn't exactly what the OP meant, I do find it interesting to see what they pair with their meals and if they liked it or not.

I'm a sucker for just about any type of Old Fashion. Some time back, they had one with Red Stag which was my favorite.

Seconding this idea! I'd love to see more suggestions on bars/drinks to try/avoid throughout the parks and Disney Springs!

I think Craig explained this in a video going around the park last week. I'm not exactly sure where in the 5 hour video he discusses it.

I just watched that one. Its the morning in Magic Kingdom one from last week.

Basically he explained theres 2 reasons behind it.

When they are in the parks, they have to pay to food and drinks out of pocket and then get reimbursed. Thats pretty standard for employee expenses.

As a result, they watch what they spend when they are filming in the parks, as like us all they have to watch their cash flow and sometimes it takes a while to get the reimbursement.

And the second and main reason, is like most staff, drinking alcohol while working and representing the company is not allowed. You have to remember, Craig, Ryno and Deni are employees and the whole purpose of the in park videos is basically promo for the travel agency, to sell Disney holidays. Them filming in the park is basically like us hosting a company stand at a convention. You wouldn't be allowed to drink while talking to potential customers and representing the company at a convention, so the same employee rules apply to Craig, Ryno and Deni.

Also Craig said that before when they did do things like Drinks Around The World, they would stay on site, so that they didn't have to drive home. Again its all about representing the travel company and showing things which the travel agency customers want to see.

As fun as it is to see them in the parks and Craigs live streams are just so good, the ultimate reason he is there is to get customers for the travel agency. As a content creator, every time he goes to the park and live streams, he will have a plan and reason to be there and there will be a list of things he has planned that need to shown on camera.

And the second and main reason, is like most staff, drinking alcohol while working and representing the company is not allowed. You have to remember, Craig, Ryno and Deni are employees and the whole purpose of the in park videos is basically promo for the travel agency, to sell Disney holidays. Them filming in the park is basically like us hosting a company stand at a convention. You wouldn't be allowed to drink while talking to potential customers and representing the company at a convention, so the same employee rules apply to Craig, Ryno and Deni.
Is this actual stated DIS/Dreams policy? Or are we assuming that the norm for most businesses applies here?

I would think there is a valid reason for staff to sample alcohol in order to report on it.

Is this actual stated DIS/Dreams policy? Or are we assuming that the norm for most businesses applies here?

I would think there is a valid reason for staff to sample alcohol in order to report on it.

Well when you watch the video and hear Craig explaining it, its obvious he is trying to be very careful with his words and not saying it outright.

Why would you think that the norm for most business does not apply here? They are content creators employed by a company to produce regular in park videos. I guess maybe people don't realize that content creator is an actual proper job as they see all the other Vloggers who are doing the same thing but not employed by a company.

Its probably why the Dis team don't do superchat either. The other Vloggers rely on things like superchat and selling merchandise etc to pay their bills, where as the Dis team are employees of Dreams.

Why would you think that the norm for most business does not apply here? They are content creators employed by a company to produce regular in park videos. I guess maybe people don't realize that content creator is an actual proper job as they see all the other Vloggers who are doing the same thing but not employed by a company.

At least for me, it’s because the Dis is a bit of an anomaly in this regard on YouTube among its peers. All Ears constantly has beer & cocktail reviews on their in-park vlogs, Disney Food Blog reviews drinks also, and both of those sites are legit businesses vs. the “influencer” set doing stuff on their own and not pros. And drinking is part of the Disney parks experience for many, many people, including folks who would ostensibly plan a vacation through Dreams Unlimited. Many others don’t care for that for various reasons, and I understand and sympathize with that, but at the same time, we have a whole festival called Food & Wine. And every park and resort barring MK is crawling with bars. Many of the cocktail menus are homogenized, especially at the resorts, but there’s a niche here that would be valuable to some.

Don’t get me wrong, the Dis has the right to cover or not cover what it sees fits and I respect that decision...at the end of the day this is totally free (to us) content. Just saying that it also means folk have to go elsewhere to get this specific info.

I think it is fine, given the purpose of the show, to include alcoholic beverages with meals in the dining reviews or festival overviews. However, several members of the team do not drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!